42

Torn Between Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
{Nobody’s POV}   Daehyun and Soojung went to sit on the swings of the playground near her apartment. “You’re leaving?”, Soojung asked in a soft voice as she stared at him in disbelief. Daehyun nodded without uttering a word as he gave her an empty smile. “You’ll be fine without me Soojung-ah, don’t get too upset about it.” She kept pushing herself on the swing by using her feet and stared at the ground. “You still have L.Joe”, he continued and that made Soojung stopped swinging. L.Joe left earlier to let them have some privacy to talk about his sudden announcement. “But you’re like my best friend Daehyun”, she started sobbing. Upon hearing her sobs, he got up from his seat and kneeled down before her. Daehyun grabbed both her hands and looked at her face. "And you still are. Me leaving this country doesn’t affect that.” He his thumb under her teary eyes and wiped away her tears.   That only wanted to make Soojung cry even more as she covered her face with her hands. Daehyun heart crumbled seeing how remorseful she looked. “Come on, I’m going to let you get some sleep before you’ll have to wake up again”, he held out his hand which Soojung reluctantly took. He smiled sympathetically looking at his side being all quiet as she didn’t speak a single word while making their way back to her house. Daehyun walked her to the door. “Your brother is still awake. He’s been waiting for you ever since I came earlier.” Soojung looked up to him and managed a smile. “See, you look much better like this”, he her cheeks before giving her a light pinch on the cheeks. “Are you going to be okay? Do you need me to help you talk to your brother?”, he continued before she released her hand from him. “I’m okay,” she stuttered. “Are you sure?” Soojung nodded without looking at him.       {Daehyun’s POV}     I blinked once, I blinked twice. The darkness in my room is still and I could not believe this would be it. My dad had told me a few weeks ago that he got a business proposal where he would advance to the American market. A few coffee lovers who went to his café thought that his coffees would be loved by the people in the US so of course he said yes immediately to the deal. As much as I rejected the offer of me going over, my dad insisted he needed me because he was lacking in manpower. Besides, he thought maybe I could go learn some English before his café is officially open for business. The look on Soojung face has gotten me really bothered.  She really looked devastated as she didn’t want me to go.   I mean why would she be so upset? I’m just her best friend.  It’s not like I’m going to forget all about her and live my life over there with all the new people that I’m going to meet. When I saw L.Joe with her earlier on, all my hopes just crashed. I thought spending my time with her would eventually make her forget about him but I guess I was wrong. It is not such a bad idea after all for leaving this country because I see no point in staying if I couldn’t even get to be with the girl I love since the day we were together. I looked up to the clock on the wall. Only 6 hours left before my flight and I’ve yet to pack any of my stuffs yet. Looks like it’s going to be a sleepless night for me tonight.       {Soojung’s POV}   I woke up the next morning pretty early.  The sun wasn’t even up yet. I got out of bed with a sigh as I checked the time. 5am. This feels surreal.  Daehyun and I were enjoying our time together and the next thing I knew is he’s leaving for America. As I was staring into space, I realised I wasn’t thinking of anything to make him stay like I thought I would do. Yeah sure his dad asked him to go with him but, the least he could do was to complete his high school here and leave after he graduates. I heard a knock from my door as it opened. “You’re still awake?” Yongguk came and sat on the bed with me. “I couldn’t sleep”, I choked, not wanting to break down in front of him. Yongguk my head as he said in a soft voice, “Everything happens for a reason.  You can’t have everything in the world. We have to learn to lose some, when we gained some.” Those are wise words from Yongguk that I haven’t heard since a very long time. “Since you’re already up, go get ready and have your breakfast. We’re going to pick up the others before meeting Daehyun at the airport”, he told me before he left. I was really hoping that all of this was just a dream. No matter how much I pinched myself, I kept wincing.  So this is real. Why can’t I just let him go and be happy? Why?       {Nobody’s POV}   L.Joe wanted to call her to ask if she was alright but he hesitated. He knew how much Daehyun meant to her.  Daehyun was her first love so it made sense that she’d be literally upset about it. "But she won’t go back to him right?" He was confident that her love for him was strong if not they wouldn’t have gotten back together. But why was he afraid that he would lose her again?     Daehyun looked around his room for the last time before making his way out. He sighed as he strapped his backpack over his shoulders. With a final glance, he closed the door to his bedroom and pulled his suitcase along behind him. “Are you all set my son?” Daehyun looked up with a downhearted face and nodded. "I’m all set.”     “You sure you don’t want to follow me to the airport?” Qri asked L.Joe who was still asleep on the bed. He didn’t respond to her question as he turned to the other side, which was not facing towards her. “Yah, Lee Byunghyun! Noona is talking to you!”, Qri yelled as she pulled the blanket away from him. L.Joe grumbled, “Noona, I’m cold!” “Sorry but this is the only way I could get you to listen to me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter