Chapter Six

Print Of Your Lips

 

“Okay, who’s going first?” Jonghyun questioned as they all stepped into the private gym, pointing at Key and Onew. “Have you decided what you’ll sing?”

“How much do we have to sing?” Key asked and Onew grinned.

“I think a verse or chorus should be alright,” he suggested and Rochelle nodded. He could tell she was excited for this, and Onew had to admit he wanted to impress her well. He knew how close she was with Key, and worried the boy would do a better job than him.

“Alright, I’ll go first,” Key stated, directing Rochelle over to sit down and then standing above her. Onew wondered what song he’d choose and chewed on his lip impatiently. Key solemnly looked at Rochelle, capturing her bluey-grey eyes in his before opening his mouth to sing. “It has to be you, as someone who has now come to realize it, I'm so pitiful. Inside the photos, it seems like I'm still your love. Your warmth, your face, it's likely I still feel them in my embrace. Still, I have romantic in my heart; I wish I could go back.”

The boys all clapped for Key, and he laughed lightly at the applause, but his eyes flickered over in Onew’s direction. He was slightly annoyed, even though this was meant to be something fun; Key had done a pretty good job with making Rochelle swoon. He could see it in her eyes as they lingered over the younger boy, and he had to hold back a dejected sigh.

“Onew-hyung,” Minho called, and he glanced over at the tall boy. “Your turn.”

He nodded and stared at the girl, Rochelle looking up at him and waiting expectantly. He didn’t know what to sing after Key had sung Romantic, and just went with whatever came to his mind. “Okay, I’ve chosen a song you might not know,” he told her and she nodded, Onew reaching out for her hand and pulling her gently to her feet. Inquisitive murmurs came from the boys behind them but he tried to tune them out, focussing on the task at hand instead. “Come and dance with me, give your body into the music, alright. You act as if you don't care, but I like it. This magical attraction talks to my body. The drum and bass hit your heart. And like a flowing melody, it sings us a song.”

“And let the beat drop,” Minho added on as he finished and Onew laughed.

“I didn’t expect that song,” Key mentioned and Onew shrugged.

“I was planning on a ballad, but you beat me to it.”

“Noona has to decide which one she liked best!” Taemin announced and Rochelle shook her head. “Yes Rochelle, you have to!”

“Oh but it would be so hard to choose someone.”

“What are you thinking?” Jonghyun asked the question Onew was wondering and glanced at the girl he was still holding hands with. She chewed on her bottom lip like she always did when she was embarrassed or nervous and he looked away, knowing she would choose Key.

“Well, Key sung one of my favourite songs,” she started and Key grinned, looking very satisfied with himself. “But, I like Talk to You, and Onew did a good job of singing everyone else’s parts. This is very hard, it was just a bit of fun and joking around and now you’ve made it a competition.”

“Don’t worry Rochelle, you liked both performances. Onew and I know we impressed you, right tofu?”

“Yeah.”

“Aw, I wanted to know who did better!” Taemin cried and grinned. “I liked Onew’s.”

“I liked Key’s,” Jonghyun stated and everyone looked at Minho. He rubbed the back of his neck lightly.

“I’m not choosing anyone. Let’s work out instead.”

 

A loud beeping noise went off around her room, and she groaned loudly, reaching out blindly to turn it off. Rochelle didn’t want to get up, she felt like she had only gone to bed not long ago. She had yesterday off from hanging with the boys for her own personal time, and she couldn’t believe how much she had gotten behind on, answering a bunch of emails from friends back at home, and researching the boys online after spending an evening out with Kate. Her muscles were angry with her for all the exercise she had done in the last couple of days, the gym almost crippled her and then all the dancing she had done last night was certainly catching up with her now. She had to get up though, SHINee had a rare day off of work, and she planned to hang with the boys, having one on one sessions to ask more questions.

She carried herself off to the shower and then came back, deciding to dress up a bit for her day out. She hoped they wouldn’t do a lot of walking as she planned to wear heels with her outfit that she had picked out the night before. She pulled on some dark jeans and then her favourite white oversized shirt that had a ruffle design around the bottom. She then slung a thin belt around her waist and sorted out her hair, drying it and then styling it with loose curls. She topped the look off with some eye makeup and a hat, tilting it to the side of her head. She had to admit that what she saw reflecting in the mirror looked good, and she hoped that it wouldn’t make the boys feel uncomfortable in any way.

She had noticed the way they would take in her clothes, and the more feminine she was, the more compliments she got. Jonghyun especially seemed to like her in her dress the other day, and she couldn’t help but feel special to have the attention of SHINee. Rochelle didn’t believe she was a classic beauty by any means, but she could make her average looks stand out if she dressed right. She liked the fashion in Korea, and a lot of it suited her body shape too.

After she put on her heels, she got to her feet, picking up her bag and then making her way to the apartment. She didn’t have to show her ID to the bell keeper, he merely greeted her and allowed her admittance right away. Rochelle hummed to herself in the elevator, and stepped out when the doors opened. She went down to the boy’s dorm, and after punching in the code Key had given her, she let herself in.

“Morning boys!” she called out, and walked down to the living area. They were all in there; Jonghyun and Minho were battling each other on the Xbox 360, whilst Taemin cheered them on. She could tell it was Key who was in the refrigerator and Onew was rinsing up the breakfast dishes. By the time she had finished taking in everything, she realised that they were all staring at her, except for Onew. “What?”

“Woah!” Jonghyun breathed and she pulled an expression. Onew finally turned to look at what was going on, his hand slipping on the plate he had been washing and the sound of the crockery smashing in the sink echoed around the room.

"Noona, are we going somewhere special?” Minho asked with a light blush and it finally dawned on her as to why they were staring. She turned red and shook her head.

“No, I just felt like dressing up.”

“You look really good,” Key complimented and she felt her cheeks get hotter. She tried to dismiss it, looking over at Onew who was darting his eyes between the broken plate in the sink and then her.

“I guess I look alright. Onew, do you need a hand?”

“What?” he said blankly and then shook his head. “Oh, ah, no.”

“Did he break the plate?” Jonghyun questioned and Rochelle nodded. “Onew!”

It seemed that the moment was over once they could focus on the broken plate, and Onew quickly started cleaning up.

“Ow!” the eldest cried a moment later, and Rochelle rushed over to his side, looking at the hand he was clutching.

“Let me look,” she instructed and grimaced at the bleeding cut on his palm. Key leaned over her shoulder and shook his head.

“Oh Tofu is clumsy!” he chortled and Rochelle grabbed Onew’s good hand, leading him towards the bathroom. She made him sit on the side of their bath and reached for the first aid kit that she knew of.

“Maybe running it under some water will help,” she mentioned and Onew stuck it under the faucet, turning it on a moment later. She found some band-aids and ointment, gently reaching for the injured hand and drying it off with a towel. She briefly glanced at Onew and then set to work, squirting some ointment onto the wound, and bandaging it up.

“Thank you,” he told her and she nodded her head, admiring her neat handiwork.

“Does it feel okay?”

“Yeah.”

She looked at him and then smirked. “Well, I’m happy to admit, you’ll live.”

“I’m glad; it was fatal there for a moment or two.”

They laughed and she held out her hands for him to take. “Come on, let’s get back out there before they get onto their Onew Condition teasing and you’ll never hear the end of it then.”

He got up but somehow lost his balance, falling backwards into the bath. In the process, his foot hit hers and she fell on top of him, the pair crumpling up in the bath. They were silent for a second before they broke out into laughter, although Rochelle’s hip hurt from the fall and she laughed with pain.

“Oh god, that was bad,” Onew said through his laughter and Rochelle tried to hoist herself up.

“Are you safe to be around today?” she asked cheekily and managed to get to her feet just as Key appeared in the doorway.

“What the?!” he said with confusion, and Rochelle helped Onew out. The boy shared a look with her and then grinned as his balance held out this time. They turned to Key and Onew shook his head.

“We’re having a clumsy moment.”

Key rolled his eyes. “That’s nothing new with you. Did you fall in too Rochelle?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you alright?” Key asked with sudden concern and she grinned at Onew again.

“Onew took the grunt of my fall.”

“Well that was lucky then,” the copper haired boy said taking her hand and trying to lead her out. She looked at Onew and they broke out into laughter again, finding the situation completely humorous.

 

__________

Words Used...

Hyung: means older brother/boy in Korean. Used by males only. Can relate to a brother or close friend.

Tofu/Dubu: Onew’s nickname. The reason he’s called it is because he is apparently “soft” like tofu.

 

__________

Replies...

Thanks everyone who has commented so far, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! ^_^

@Reddragon: Haha omo look at you spazzing now, like you don't know what happens in this lmao. Chelle & Key are cool friends mhm!

@Sokachangmin: Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far ^_^ I'm happy it's a storyline you've never read before! It would be awesome to hang out with SHINee, right?! Haha yeah, us foreigners do need some kind of hope that we'd stand a chance eh? Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the new chap!