Chapter Five

Print Of Your Lips

She watched their different moves for a moment, and then let herself go. Taemin was encouraging, grinning at her and so she let her hips swing from side to side for a moment, before letting the beat dictate her moves. She felt her whole body begin to move and looked over at Jonghyun who was laughing.

“Go noona!” he cried, doing a body roll and then spinning around. He then pointed at her and she mirrored his movements, the boys clapping at her attempt. Taemin did a small dance that was far too complicated for her brain to comprehend and she shook her head at the boy.

“I can’t do that!”

Onew was dancing behind her with a dorky smile on his face, flailing his arms around a moment later. She laughed heartily at it and then Key moved in front of her, holding out his hands for her to take. She didn’t hesitate, having far too much fun. They placed their palms against each others and bounced from foot to foot, shaking their hips at the same time. She couldn’t help but feel comfortable around the boy, even if he was much younger than she was. He moved his body closer to hers and she felt a flutter in her chest. His dark eyes regarded her, wondering if it was okay to move into her space. She didn’t know what to do, one part of her wanted it, but the other was conscious of the others.

“Oi Key, let the rest of us dance with noona!” Jonghyun whined and she shifted her hands away from Key’s, letting out a small laugh. She noticed then that Onew had stopped dancing, and was sitting back on the couch with Minho, who had finally left their room. The tall boy smiled politely at her and she returned it, before Jonghyun started dancing around her.

“Do you boys always dance like this with girls?” she asked and Jonghyun merely winked. She shook her head and looked at Onew again. She knew he was keeping away from her for a reason, but when it was just them they were getting along fine. She wondered if it had to do with Key and Jonghyun paying their full attention on her, and he felt left out.

“Onew,” she called and the eldest looked at her. “Why are you sitting down? It’s because of you I got up to dance!”

“It’s crowded,” he replied and she rolled her eyes, moving away from Jonghyun and over to the couch. “Don’t stop noona, you were having fun.”

She grabbed his hand and yanked on it. “Come on.”

Onew glanced back at Minho and then allowed her to drag him towards the others. Rochelle smirked at him and waited for him to make a move. He finally did, shaking his hips and then pumped his chest with a laugh. She shrugged and then mirrored his actions, Onew shaking his head as he laughed again. They danced together for a bit and then gave up, Rochelle feeling energised but tired at the same time.

“That was interesting,” Minho mentioned with an amused smile, biting his lip cheekily and then checking his watch. “I think we ought to get ready now.”

“Play time is over,” Key announced reluctantly, and Rochelle finished off her juice, slipping her bag onto her shoulder to get ready to do some actual work.

 

He smiled at the girl in front of him, and then signed over himself on the poster she had handed him. “It was nice to meet you,” he told her and she grinned, bowing and thanking him profusely and then moved down the line. Onew glanced up brightly at the next person in line and was just as happy to sign anything she wished for, even though his hand was getting slightly sore from almost two hours in the same spot. He knew all their success was because SHINee had amazing fans, and he wanted to respect that, even if he may need carpal tunnel surgery later down the track. He chuckled to himself at the thought and then looked up to see the line was only ten people long now.

He placed his pen down, stretching his fingers after fare-welling the last girl and glanced over at Rochelle. She had diligently been typing on her laptop all afternoon, looking up at the boys and then going back to her screen frequently. He smiled at her apparent dedication, knowing that the brunette had been taking notes over the last couple of days. He liked that about Rochelle, even though she was causing a stir amongst the others. He could tell Jonghyun and Key were thinking of the New Zealander in more than a friendly way, and wondered when they would give up on the idea. He couldn’t see either of them with her anyway.

Rochelle got up from her seat and walked over to them, now that they were done. She smiled at them all. “How was that?”

“There were so many people!” Taemin exclaimed and Minho smiled.

“It was good to see all our fans today. I like seeing their happy faces.”

“We’re very lucky,” Key added and the girl nodded her head.

“I was surprised that none of you seemed to get bored of the procedure. I’ve been to one other signing before, and after about an hour of the same thing, they got quite bored, and you could see the change in their expressions.”

“Without the fans, we’d be nothing,” Jonghyun pointed out and Onew nodded in agreement.

“Well I’m impressed,” Rochelle stated, the boys all looking rather pleased with themselves. Onew got up and went over to help Rochelle pack up her things as she moved back over to them. As she placed her laptop back in its case, she grinned at him. “Thanks Onew.”

“You’re welcome.”

“You looked like you were having fun.”

He nodded. “I like performing, but I like meeting the fans, to hear what they think personally.”

“It must be very exhilarating to be a heart throb to thousands of girls eh?” she said and Onew laughed lightly.

“I don’t think of myself as that.”

Rochelle nudged his side and smirked. “I heard some of the things they were saying in the line. It’s not only Taemin the girls are keen on.”

“Noona,” he said and tried to stop his embarrassment. Rochelle grinned and then placed her bag onto her shoulder. She winked at him and then walked over to the other boys, Onew staring after her for a moment.

He couldn’t understand why it meant so much to him that she had heard what she had. He knew the girls did like him, even though they liked the others too. He hadn’t ever really thought about it though, and wondered why he was giving it so much thought now. It was yet another curious thought that Onew pushed to the side, deciding that the answers would come with time.

 

Heya babe,” she said into the receiver of her phone later that evening. “You doing alright?

Apart from being completely abandoned for the summer, sure,” Kate replied bitterly and Rochelle sighed.

You make me feel so bad about my job,” she informed the girl and then grinned at the boy beside her. “But I think I can make it up to you.

How?

Rochelle handed the mobile over to Key and giggled. The boy cleared his throat and then spoke into the phone. “Hello Kate.

Oh my god!

Rochelle was able to hear as Key pulled the electronic device away from his ear and laughed. “It’s Key here, how are you?

Rochelle grinned again as the Key had a short conversation with her best friend, the smile on his face making it unable for her to beam back. They were sitting in the minivan on their way to the practice room for their workouts. The phone was then passed along once Key was finished and he smiled at her.

“She seems nice.”

“Kate’s a big fan,” she replied and Key nodded.

“Are you?”

“Am I what?” she wondered and the copper haired boy gave her a look. “Oh a fan of your music? No.”

“Rochelle!” he cried and shook his head and she laughed cheekily. “You’re lying!”

“Okay, I like your music.”

“How much?”

“Key!” she exclaimed and he poked her upper arm playfully.

“Tell me.”

“I like it a lot,” she admitted and he smiled, leaning into her side more. She couldn’t complain as she felt incredibly comfortable next to Key. They spent a lot of time together whenever he was free, and had a lot in common. Rochelle put on an innocent face and looked at Key hopeful. “So now that I’ve said I like it, will you sing for me?”

“I’m not sure I should,” he replied and she gaped at him. “Does that upset you?”

“Yes.” She then looked over the back of the seat she was in and glanced at Onew. “Would you sing for me?”

“What do you want to hear?” he responded instantly and she gave Key a smarmy look.

“Noona likes Onew better than you now,” Taemin said to Key who rolled his eyes. “You should have just sung for her Key.”

“I will, Onew and I can sing something.”

Taemin shook his head. “You should each sing her a song. How does that sound noona?”

“Perfect,” she agreed happily, smiling brightly at the younger boy, liking this idea a lot.

 

__________

 

Replies...

@Reddragon: Kate, I love that you're enjoying this. Yep, the boys are really lovely! LOL I dunno, I think if a girl is involved, Key would do a lot, considering his ways on Yunhanam :P Yep, gotta love ya self some Jongie! ^_^

@Kirakoda: Haha yep, it would wrong if he didn't have his shirt off. Hope you enjoy the new update ^_^