Chapter Two

Print Of Your Lips

A couple of weeks had passed and Rochelle was no longer seen as someone to babysit in her new role. She had taken charge of her own interviews now, and her schedule had become so full, she didn’t know how she managed to fit in quality time with her Mum and Kate also. However, the month had ended and Rochelle had a meeting that afternoon with her boss Taesung, who would be assigning her next month’s worth of work.

She walked confidently into the K Beats building, smiling and greeting people as she went passed. She met Min-Gi in the hallway towards the large conference room, and the pair finished making their way there together.

“So you finished that piece for me on Kara?” the Korean journalist questioned and Rochelle nodded, opening the office door and holding it open for her friend.

“I sent you an email with it, but I also have a hard copy for you.”

“You are a saint,” Min-Gi replied and they took a seat at the oval table. Rochelle thought to her first time sitting in this room and then smiled. It felt so long ago, and she remembered herself as a weak version to the girl who sat up tall in her chair now.

Taesung entered the room and looked around brightly at the occupants, nodding his head in greeting. Rochelle replied along with everyone else and it wasn’t long until they all got down to business, new assignments being handed out to everyone but her. She was slightly confused, Mr. Lee had been very happy with her last interview. She waited quietly until the meeting was over, not bothering to get up and leave like everyone else. Min-Gi shot her a concerned look and Rochelle began to find it hard to breathe. She thought her placement at K Beats had been permanent for the entire summer.

“Ah yes, you must wonder what I have installed for you,” Taesung mentioned as he packed his laptop back into its carry case. “Your new assignment will be the hardest one yet.”

“I was worried you had nothing lined up,” she said with relief and Taesung smiled down at the desk. He came over to her side and pulled something out of his pocket. It was a small square of coloured paper, with an address and time written down on it. Rochelle’s brow furrowing as she took it from his hand. “What’s this?”

“You have a meeting to get to tomorrow morning.”

“Are you not going to brief me about it?” she asked, a smile playing on Taesung’s lips. Despite it being her boss, they had a casual work relationship and he let out a dramatic sigh.

“I suppose you need to know that the address is going to lead you to the apartment of your month long job.”

Rochelle gaped briefly at the older man. “I’m going to be working with SHINee, aren’t I?”

“Think you’re up to it?” Taesung asked and she nodded her head confidently.

“What am I doing for the next month?”

Her boss smiled. “Everything the boys’ do. You’re going to be creating a profile on each of them. I’m expecting you to have no problem working long hours, and maybe even travelling with the members. You will be given a video camera so you can record important events, and you will be expected to have a page on each boy by the end of July.”

“Oh wow,” she breathed and then nodded again. “Thank you for the opportunity.”

“Don’t mess up,” Taesung said with a mixed tone – he was smiling but his eyes were serious. Rochelle smiled in reply and got up.

“Do I go and collect the camera from the supply room?” she enquired.

“Yep, and go have the rest of the day off, you’ll need all the breaks you can get, these boys have a full schedule.”

“Thanks again,” she said as she left the conference room, heading to supplies. She smiled at the coordinator of the room and asked for what she needed, signing the release sheet for the camera. She then stopped by Min-Gi’s desk, telling her of her assignment and getting a hearty wish of luck. Finally Rochelle left the building, loosening off the pink scarf around her neck as she made her way to the train station. She was incredibly excited for tomorrow, and couldn’t wait to get home to tell Kate all about it.

 

“Onew, Key, get up,” Jonghyun mumbled sleepily as the lights were clapped on in their bedroom. The eldest groaned heavily, throwing his pig plushie over his head and rolled deeper into his bedding. “Minho wants to work out.”

“Do it without me,” he said, coming out muffled as he didn’t bother to move away from his pillows.

“Onew hyung, get up. Key you too,” Minho ordered and Onew heard Key grumbled sleepily up on his bunk. Onew agreed with him completely, it was far too early to be up.

“We only have two hours to work out, shower and eat breakfast. Now come on,” Minho continued, his deep voice becoming irritated. Onew felt the boy wrestle with the blankets so he clutched them within his grip, hoping to succeed at spending another half hour at least in his bed. Unfortunately Minho was more awake than he was and managed to yank the blankets off of Onew and reached for his legs too. He sighed and gave up fighting, shooting the younger boy a look. Minho glanced up at Key who had swung himself over to sit on the edge of his bunk bed. He seemed satisfied that they were going to get up and headed off to get ready.

“It’s a crime to be up at five-thirty,” Key whined and Onew nodded his head, standing up slowly on his legs and wiping the sleep from his eyes. He stumbled off towards the door and after almost smacking into the threshold as he exited their room; he let out a light laugh, going into their bathroom. Once he had washed his face, he walked back to their room, grabbing a jumper from the drawers and waited in the hallway for the others. He looked at Taemin’s alert features and sighed, he couldn’t understand how his younger member could be so lively when all he wanted to do was sleep. Onew guessed that after an hour of jogging and going to the park, he would be feeling more together himself. He chuckled, knowing that a cup of coffee would do the same job in less than five minutes. SHINee always had to do things the long way.

After their workout, they came crashing through the door to their dorm, Key rushing off to shower first so he could cook breakfast afterwards. Onew went into the study to check their schedule for the day, grabbing his laptop off of the table where he had placed it the night before to charge the battery. He waited for it to load and then went to his documents, finding the month’s schedule and typing the date into the search button. They didn’t have a lot on today, but a representative from K Beats would be over at 8am to have an interview with them. He knew the magazine wanted to release a mini book about them for their fans, and wondered what was in store for them. He hoped it was someone they could get along with, as the person would need to spend a bit of time with them to get an idea about each member of SHINee. With this thought on his mind, he headed out into the living area, and all but Jonghyun were present. Minho and Taemin were talking on the couch as Key prepped their breakfast in the kitchen with their live in sunbae.

“Onew,” Key said, pointing the knife in his hand at him. The older boy pulled a horrified face and shifted back, the pair sharing a laugh. “Get out of my kitchen until I’m done cooking!”

“I came for some juice,” he replied and Key muttered unintelligently under his breath. Onew reached into the refrigerator for the bottle of orange juice and then grabbed a cup; filling it half way and downing the entire contents in one go.

“Are we doing anything major today?” Taemin asked, coming into the kitchen and taking the juice from Onew’s hand. Key made a shooing noise, but Onew ignored the bossy boy, and nodded at the youngest member.

“A representative from K Beats is coming to start their SHINee special with us.”

Minho tilted his head to the side and then nodded. “The summer booklet.”

“I hope we get someone nice!” Taemin cried and put the bottle of juice away. Onew nodded.

“I wonder if they will want to know our flaws?”

Key smirked. “Ooh Minho best watch out, if he doesn’t talk much they might write him down as rude!”

“You might want to watch bossing us around then, Key,” Taemin quipped and let out a squeal as Key grabbed the dish cloth and went to whip him with it. Instead he got Onew and the older boy yelped, laughing helplessly at the humour of the situation. Key joined in, yelling loudly as Onew attempted to grab the cloth from the boy’s hand.

“Don’t hurt me!” he exclaimed as Onew let out a victorious laugh and held the dish cloth up in the air.

“Shower’s free,” Jonghyun mentioned as he walked into the living area without a top on, running a hand through his slightly damp hair. “Are you watching that?”

Key gasped and turned back to the frying pan that was sizzling away on the stove. The copper haired boy made a tsking sound and pointed a finger at Onew. “Stop distracting me. And Jonghyun put a top on; it’s unhygienic to be around the food without clothes on.”

“Key’s just jealous because your body is better,” Minho cheekily retorted and Onew laughed loudly, going off to have his shower before anyone else claimed it first. As he closed the door behind him, he smiled brightly – it was going to be an interesting day.

_________

Korean words used...

Hyung: means "older brother", and only said by males. Can be to someone related, or a close friend.
Sunbae: a honorific way of saying older person. Generally used for respect of someone they know but are not super close with.

__________


Replies...

Thank you to everyone who has read so far!
 I hope you continue to enjoy this story and I'll give individual replies on the next chapter ^_^