Chapter 13

Print Of Your Lips

Just as suspected, Rochelle suffered from a severe sprain to her right ankle and after the x-rays showed up clear, she was allowed to go home, although she had to rest up for a couple of days. She was annoyed at the accident, even though Onew had been incredibly sweet the entire time. He stayed with her whilst she waited for a doctor, and didn’t complain about getting home quite late. He seemed so concerned for her and she couldn’t believe her luck, and more importantly, why she had run away from Onew in the first place. She wasn’t used to falling for someone so quickly, but the circumstances seemed different, and she couldn’t imagine not feeling the way she did about the entertainer.

The next day she spent at home writing up more of her assignment and watching countless videos online. She had really gotten into the whole KPOP scene, and through the SHINee forums, she had discovered Big Bang, her favourite Korean group so far. She loved her boys though, and would frequently watch SHINee performances, wishing she could be there in person.

Kate had left her to rest for the afternoon, meeting up with a friend from school and apart from a phone call from Key asking how she was doing; she had been left to entertain herself.

Gah,” she grumbled as she decided to finally attempt fate and take herself to the bathroom, flinging her legs over the side of her bed and looking around for help. She hadn’t been given crutches and still found it hard to move around without aide. Her Mum was working so she didn’t have anyone to turn to, and hoisted herself up off the bed, taking a deep breath as she steadied her balance on her left leg. Her phone went off then and with a curse, she sat back down, reaching under the covers for it.

Hello?” she answered with a huff, not bothering to check who was calling.

You sound frustrated,” the voice replied and she frowned, wondering who it was. She glanced at her phone’s screen and blushed deeply, putting it back up to her air.

You’ve never spoken to me in English before, Onew.

I have never needed to,” he said with a chuckle. “How are you feeling?

“I could be better,” she admitted with a sigh, switching to Korean. “Can I ring you back in five minutes?”

“Why?”

“I need to go to the bathroom and I’m all alone so I can’t hold the phone and fumble my way there too.”

Onew chuckled again. “Well how far away is your bedroom from the front door?”

“Ah, not too far, why?” she replied, frowning lightly at his question.

“You need to open it, I’m two minutes away.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll see you soon,” she said and hung up her phone, stumbling towards the bathroom and then down the hall to the front door. She didn’t have to wait at all, there was a knock on the door and she opened it, smiling brightly at the boy standing there. He grinned and then pulled his hands away from his back, producing a bunch of flowers and a small teddy bear.

“Hey,” he greeted and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. “I hope you don’t mind me just turning up.”

“Course not,” she assured and then shook her head. “But you didn’t need to get me anything Onew.”

“Well the flowers are from the others too,” he mentioned, smiling again. He then looked at her leg. “How is it today?”

“Sore.”

“Let’s get you off it then,” he suggested and allowed her to use him for support. They got down to her bedroom and she blushed lightly, looking at her messy space.

“I wasn’t expecting a visitor,” she pointed out and Onew grinned.

“It’s not bad, I like it. Is your Mum alright with me being in your bedroom?”

Rochelle smiled. “Its fine, I’m sure she’d be happy to know I actually have a guy who wants to be here.”

“Just checking.” He placed the flowers down on her dresser and then handed the teddy to her. She snuggled it and then placed it on her bedside table.

“Thank you, for everything.”

“You’re very welcome.”

“Jinki,” she said and the boy glanced at her, smiling lightly. “What’s going on between us? I mean are we even at a stage to decide something or what?”

He took one of her hands in his and she glanced at the dark haired boy, watching as his eyes captured her. She got lost in the depths and Rochelle felt sad when he finally tore them away. “You know, when I first met you, I thought you would end up being just a very good friend. And then Key and Jonghyun started to show off to you, and I knew they were excited for a new Noona, their experiences from the Yunhanam show making them feel a little more confident. We don’t have much time for anything in our schedule but I guess Key and Jonghyun are ready to try and make our songs become real to them.”

Rochelle knew there was more to the story, but he took a moment to continue, rubbing his thumb over her hand. She had to admit, hurting her leg was the best thing that could have happened to her now that he was there. She had never had a boy treat her so well after an injury like Onew was.

“It annoyed me how you would fuel them on, even without realising it. I could tell you were overwhelmed at our friendliness, and respected Key especially. I decided then that you didn’t need another boy crowding around you, trying to be picked. In fact at that stage I didn’t want to be picked by you, I was just waiting for the novelty to wear off.”

“But it didn’t?” she questioned and he shook his head.

“After awhile I realised that my frustration was making things between me and you awkward and then you decided to undress in front of me.”

“Unintentionally,” she corrected as the boy smirked.

“Well from there I got confused, until I realised I was falling for you. You know I’ve never really experienced this before, and so when it hit me, it hit hard. And I guess now you know the rest, I meant it when I said I wanted to be with you.”

Rochelle smiled warmly and placed her free hand on the side of his face. “I know you meant it, you’re an honest, caring person.”

“So what do we have to do to make this official?” Onew asked and blushed. “I mean do I need to take you on a date, or ask you out or-”

“This isn’t a movie Jinki, all you need to do is kiss me,” she murmured and he leaned in, brushing his lips across hers gently. She closed her eyes and focused on the sensation, a delighted sigh escaping her. Onew pulled away and she fluttered her eyes open, gazing at him dazedly. He swept her fringe away from her eyes before kissing again, and she slipped her arms around his neck, her fingers playing with the ends of his hair.

“This feels so perfect,” Onew whispered when the kiss came to a natural end, and Rochelle shifted so she could rest her head on his shoulder. “Why does it feel so right?”

“Because it is Jinki, when things are meant to be, they just happen in a way that overwhelms you.”

“I told Key today how I felt about you,” he said softly and she glanced up at him, lifting her head away. “I told them all.”

“And?”

“Minho had basically hinted at it last night when I was at the hospital with you.”

“I hope they’re okay with it,” she mentioned and Onew smiled.

“Jonghyun knew it was going to happen apparently. He said I had changed around you. Taemin was excited for me.”

“That’s sweet,” she said, moving her head back onto his shoulder. “Minho has a lot to be thanked for. Kate explained how he’s been helping you.”

“Minho has a lot to explain himself,” Onew stated with a chuckle and Rochelle frowned. “Where’s Kate, Rochelle?”

“At a frien-” She lifted her head up and gaped at the amused boy. “She’s with Minho?!”

“They’ve gone to see a screening of some movie they both really wanted to see.”

“Our Minho?” she repeated and Onew laughed.

“Who would have thought he’d instantly take a shining to Kate. He was prepping himself as soon as we got home from the meeting we had earlier.”

“Aw that’s so cute,” she said and Onew sighed. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m going to have to go now.”

“Really?”

“Jonghyun and I have a radio show to co-host tonight.”

“I’ll have to listen in,” she replied and he nodded, pulling away from her and then staring at her for a moment.

“I’ll call you later.”

Rochelle grinned. “When?”

“When it’s time for bed, so I can wish you a good sleep.”

“Aw,” she breathed and he stood up, leaning down to kiss her forehead gently.

“I’ll talk to you later. I can let myself out. Rest up, and text me if you’re bored.”

“I will,” she agreed and waved him off. She listened for the front door to open and close, before closing her eyes and smiling happily. So many years had she searched for the perfect guy, a charming and romantic person who complimented her in every way. She had never found him back in New Zealand, and was sure she wouldn’t be so lucky at all.

“Guess I was wrong,” she murmured and let out an excited giggle, picking up her new teddy and hugging it tightly.