Chapter 20

Print Of Your Lips

It was odd how time went by so quickly, but the important moments seemed to last so long. Rochelle sat on one of the seats at Music Core, holding her clipboard and looking at the five boys running through their set for later that evening. It was something that never grew old to her, and she seemed to remember every performance she had attended of SHINee’s, from the first time she saw them, to now four months later. Not a lot had changed physically to the group, Key’s hair had gotten darker, and Taemin’s was slightly shorter. Both Jonghyun and Minho had buffed up a bit more, growing into their bodies, and Onew’s expression appeared far more mature than the first time Rochelle had seen the leader. She smiled brightly at the thought, her eyes lingering on the boy, his dark eyes capturing hers a moment later. It was as if he was singing to just her alone, and her heart raced in her chest, causing her to feel as if she had just gone for a run by how breathless she was.

Here you go!” Kate’s voice interrupted her reverie and Rochelle blinked a couple of times, taking the hot chocolate from the red head’s grasp. She thanked her best friend and then focused back on the stage.

Do you ever feel like you’ve found where you’re meant to be in life?” she asked the younger girl a moment later and Kate smiled.

Is there anywhere else you’re meant to be right now Chelle?

It’s just weird how everything turned out,” she mentioned, taking a sip of her beverage and then smiling at her friend. “I was sure I wouldn’t get love and a career mixed in one, but here I am, working for SHINee and maintaining a strong relationship with Jinki. It was only three months ago that I was worried that I would have nothing for myself, after quitting that ridiculous job at K Beats.

Kate grinned. “And here you are, working as a spokesperson for SM, without a degree in journalism. I’m so proud!

It’s because of Jinki I got the job,” she reminded the red head, but Kate shook her head.

I know they’re glad to have you on board though. I mean you’re an asset to SM now. Almost as important as the stars! Without management, the performers wouldn’t be in the position they are.

I suppose,” Rochelle agreed, staring thoughtfully at the stage again. “It’s just odd to look at what you’ve got, ya know?

You’re telling me,” Kate said with an adoring smile sent in the direction of the tallest member of SHINee. “I never imagined being with Minho, but I am.

Everything happens for a reason, so I guess we just have to hope that things follow along the path they are.

Kate laughed. “I doubt anything between you and Onew is going to change. You’re basically joined at the hip. You spend more time at their house than at home now. With all your sleepovers, you ought to turn one of them spare rooms into your permanent bedroom!

Actually, I think Onew is planning on making us a room,” Rochelle replied with a giggle, Kate shaking her head and then jumping to her feet. The older girl realised the boys had finished and she got to her feet, leading the way backstage to SHINee’s dressing room.

She stepped into the room and made sure everything was where it ought to be, their outfits for the evening set out on a rack and with a glance at the clock, she realised they would have to get ready soon. It was chaotic for the next forty-five minutes as Seung-Eun directed the boys around, Kate and Rochelle heading off to get a quick dinner for the large group and then helping sort their outfits out.

Onew walked out of the bathroom and smiled at his girlfriend, Rochelle eyeing up his white jeans and fitted singlet appreciatively. The blue ed shirt made his coloured contacts bluer and she couldn’t help but let her jaw drop at his appearance.

Onew grinned. “What?” he asked innocently and then laughed. “Do I look y?”

“God yes,” she breathed as he stepped in front of her, the girl getting to her feet and not able to resist resting her hands on his chest. Onew smirked and leant down to capture her lips, Rochelle sighing happily into his mouth. The kiss wasn’t long, but she felt like all her breath had been taken away from her when they parted.

“I love you,” Onew muttered and then his eyes widened, a rush of colour meeting his cheeks from his outburst. Rochelle searched his embarrassed features and then smiled.

“I love you too,” she replied, surprising Onew further and then hugged him. He relaxed a moment later, holding her close to his body and she could hear his heart racing in his chest, matching her own at their first time saying it to one another. She had never had the courage to say that to someone before, and the words had rolled off her tongue as if it were natural for her to utter such things. Rochelle pulled away and looked up into his eyes, Onew’s expression now bright and full of warmth. He didn’t need to say anything, their unspoken conversation making them reach for each others lips again.

“Alright you two, break it up,” Key teased, slapping Onew’s arm playfully. “He needs to have enough oxygen to be able to sing soon!”

“I suppose you’re right,” Rochelle said with a dramatic sigh, but didn’t move away from the boy still holding her. She knew if she tried, Onew would yank her back anyway like he usually did. Rochelle didn’t mind though, she liked how openly expressive Onew was about always being around her. She was the same after all.

“So I was thinking after this and our time slot at Sukira, we could cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie, unless you’re tired and want an early night,” Onew said, slipping the sound pack he was handed into his back pocket. Rochelle helped him with his ear pieces and the cord, and then smiled at the boy.

“Am I even coming back to yours tonight? My bed is larger than yours,” she teased and Onew shook his head.

“What if I told you we finally got the spare room sorted out?”

Rochelle grinned, but their conversation was cut short as the call to head out to the stage went through the room.

“Good luck!” she cried, kissing his cheek gently and let him go, knowing that after he performed for his fans, he would be coming back to her.

“Maybe I’ll stay the night then,” she murmured to herself, feeling hopeful for her future with Onew. But for now, she sat down with Kate on the couch, watching the monitor and joining in with her best friend, enjoying the performance by her favourite Korean pop group.