Chapter Four

Print Of Your Lips

 

After their interview was finished, the boys found Rochelle sitting in their dressing room, and the brunette glanced up at them, smiling brightly. She placed her magazine back in her bag and stretched out her limbs in front of her. “Are we going out now?”

“Yeah, we’re going to risk having dinner out,” Jonghyun told her and Rochelle frowned.

“Is it dangerous for you guys to be out in public?”

“We try to keep a low profile, so we don’t cause a scene when someone recognises us,” Taemin told her with his cute smile attached after he was finished. She nodded, although still not quite understanding what was so bad about eating out. Then again, she remembered she didn’t live the life of someone famous, and would learn a lot about that whilst spending time with SHINee. Grabbing her bag, she got to her feet, watching as all five moved around the room doing assorted tasks. They were all ready close to ten minutes later, and she followed them out to the car, kicking herself for not bringing a jumper with her. She shivered against the cool wind, wondering how it could have changed so quickly from the heat this morning.

Key asked her something in Korean, but her mind was distracted and so she looked at him blankly. “Are you cold?

Yeah,” she continued in English and the taller boy ped his hoodie, taking it off. She noticed Jonghyun looking at them, and she blushed, accepting the item of clothing with a quiet thanks. She slipped her arms into the hoodie, zipping it up and then pushing the sleeves up as they were too long for her. Key laughed at her and she grinned at him. “I can’t help being shorter than you.”

“It’s cute, noona,” he told her and she blushed again. “The colour suits you.”

She glanced down at the green and white checkered pattern and nodded. “It’s warm,” she replied and realised they had reached the car park. The others were hopping into the minivan, and Key helped Rochelle in before closing the door behind them all. She suddenly felt awkward, not knowing what to say or do, and pretended to be interested in what was going on outside the vehicle as it drove off. The boys all chatted amongst themselves happily, Key moving in his seat beside her constantly. She was incredibly aware of his body next to her, and even his smell, now that she was wearing his hoodie. She didn’t want this to happen, whatever it was. Rochelle just wanted to have fun, not get confused.

“Noona, you are in deep thought,” Jonghyun mentioned as everything went silent and she jumped at the sudden change in conversation, looking around at the five curious boys. She nodded and smiled.

“Sorry.”

“Are you okay?” Minho wondered with concern and she nodded again.

“I think I’m experiencing a bit of culture shock,” she stated and they all made an “ahh” sound.

“Have you not spent much time with Koreans?” Onew wondered and she looked at the eldest, his smile making her awkwardness disperse.

“I think it’s quite fitting your new album is called Romeo,” she told them and Jonghyun placed a hand on his chest. “You guys are so sweet; I think I didn’t expect such kind people.”

“Ohh, we’re giving her the wrong impression of not being rock stars,” Key joked and she nudged his side and shook her head.

“Back in New Zealand, if I had been cold, no guy would have given me a jumper from not even one day of knowing me. I forget how respectful everyone is over here compared to what I’m used to.”

“Noona, it sounds like you’re better off here,” Taemin said and she grinned, nodding her head.

“I think my culture could learn a lot from yours.”

“Not all of us are as respectful,” Minho said and she glanced at the boy. “Some of the boys at school are obnoxious when it comes to girls. They say horrible things. I’m glad none of us are like that.”

“If we were, the press would have a good time with us,” Key pointed out and then laughed. “Oh, you’re not going to be writing this all up, are you Rochelle?”

She shook her head. “No, why would I wish to make Korea’s golden boys look bad?”

“I think we are going to like having you around then,” Jonghyun said with a laugh as they pulled up in a McDonalds car park. Rochelle grinned and Key poked her gently.

“I’m guessing you like McDonalds?”

She nodded. “I was worried we’d end up going somewhere where the menu only had Korean food.”

“Picky noona!” Taemin said and she laughed.

“You have a lot to learn Taemin, I’m picky about everything.”

“Well come on, lets go and make sure we can feed you well,” Onew stated, the six of them heading into the restaurant.

 

The next morning things seemed different. Onew realised it was because the members were excited about Rochelle coming again. Breakfast had been quite busy, Taemin and Key listing the things they had learnt about the new girl. Onew was feeling the novelty wear off already, and focussed on their day ahead. They had a half an hour block on Chin Chin radio at ten-thirty, and in the afternoon they were doing a fan signing. That evening they had to hit the gym, as they had another power concert to attend and needed to be at their best for it.

Onew walked out into the living room after his shower and found that Rochelle had already arrived, and was sitting on the couch. She glanced up at his arrival and smiled brightly.

“Hey Onew,” she greeted and he nodded.

“Morning Rochelle.”

“Are you looking forward to your day?”

He went to get a glass of juice and scratched his damp hair lightly. “Yeah, should be good. Are you spending the whole day with us again?”

“I think I might skip the gym session,” she replied and nodded when Onew held up the bottle of juice. He poured her a glass and then took both their drinks over to the couch. “Thanks,” she said as she took the glass and Onew sat down beside her.

“Why not come and work out with us?”

Rochelle pulled a face. “I don’t think so.”

“You scared of sweating?” he asked with a grin, eyeing up her neat appearance today. She was wearing a black dress that was quite feminine, and had purple leggings on under it. Her hair was tied back, a few strands naturally falling around her face. As he continued to stare, he found it harder to look away.

“Actually, I’m liable to hurt myself if I tried.”

“What are we talking about?” Jonghyun wondered as he stepped into the living area with just a singlet covering his top half. Onew watched as Rochelle quickly looked away, not sure if she was embarrassed or uncomfortable. Jonghyun always liked to show off to the girls, and Onew knew that was the purpose for his jumper being tied around his waist.

“Taking Rochelle with us to the gym,” he mentioned and Jonghyun grinned.

“Yeah, you should come. We could teach you some dance moves too.”

Rochelle chewed her bottom lip. “I don’t know.”

“She’s clumsy apparently.”

“You have Onew Condition?” Jonghyun questioned with a laugh and Rochelle nodded her head.

“Yeah, from how you explained it yesterday, I do have a bit in common that way with Onew.” She glanced at Onew and they shared a smile.

“Well if I can do it, you can too.”

“We have time to show you some moves now,” Jonghyun said and Rochelle sighed heavily.

“I’m not getting out of this, am I?”

“Nope.” Onew grinned and she placed her glass down on the coffee table. Jonghyun the television to the music channel and the new 2NE1 song was on, in which both boys started shaking their hips to the beat. Onew held out a hand at Rochelle and with a roll of her eyes, she got up to join them. With the sound of music, Key and Taemin arrived, the older boy letting out an excited sound and bouncing into the room.

With another deep sigh, Rochelle stepped in amongst the dancing boys.

___________

 

Replies...

Thanks everyone who has so far commented here! Let me reply to a few things!


@U-Kissluva: Thanks so much for reading! I hope you're enjoying this.

@AlmightyJinkiSangtae: Haha by your username, I can assume you're going to like this story. Thanks for reading so far!

@Reddragon: Good to see you here babe, re-enjoying this with me! It brings back memories for me too! Lol at Minho indeed. Taem is made of win, that's why we love him in this. LOL Minho is clever isn't he lololol. Thanks hun.

@Crazyfantassii: LOL well I'm glad you can read it here! ^_^ I hope you enjoy it! I might go back to sfi and put clickable chaps in.