Chapter 11

Print Of Your Lips

She turned off her alarm but made no attempt to move, staring up at the ceiling of her bedroom and letting out a dejected sigh. Rochelle didn’t want to get up, and wondered if there was any way to avoid having to work today. Her thoughts were interrupted as her bedroom door was flung open, Kate bouncing into the room and jumping onto her bed.

My god you’re awake before ten,” Rochelle teased and then wiped the sleep from her eyes.

I know!

Why are you up so early?” she wondered and the red haired girl giggled, holding up her mobile.

Minho texted me, asking if I’d like to join you today and come to some charity event for children.

Minho?" Rochelle asked and her best friend nodded. “How did he know your number?

I gave it to him you silly goose! I have all their numbers too!

I didn’t know,” Rochelle mentioned and sat up. Kate allowed room for her friend to get out from under her duvet, and waited as Rochelle headed to the bathroom before continuing their conversation. When she returned to her room, Kate had already picked out some of Rochelle’s clothing, her pink off the shoulder tee and a pair of her shorts was spread out on her bed.

Now, are you going to wear heels, flats or wedges?” Kate asked from inside her wardrobe and Rochelle scratched her messy bed hair lightly.

Why are you dressing me?

Because I want to make you look cute,” Kate informed her friend, sticking her head out of the wardrobe and grinning. "I want to look hot, and you can look cute."

You’re being awfully weird.

It’s not every day that I get a text from Minho, is it?

Rochelle smirked and began to change, pulling the pink top over her bra. “I thought you liked Taemin!

Oh my god, do you think I want to go to jail?” Kate exclaimed, appearing with a pair of Rochelle’s pink flats, and her black skirt. “I’m borrowing this.

So you like Minho. I didn’t expect that.”

You’re so blind with your love for Key that you didn’t see how much time I spent with Minho the other day.

Rochelle did her shorts up and shook her head at her best friend, who took off her jeans and replaced it with the layered skirt. “Key?

Well I think he likes you. And you two know each other so well."

Because we’re good friends Katikins, not love interests.

Kate frowned. “But I thought… and you spent so much time away too. Is it someone else?"

No,” she lied, shaking her head before brushing her chocolate locks. “They’re all just friends.

Minho was wrong then,” Kate murmured and Rochelle looked at the red head inquisitively.

What’s he been saying?

That you and one of the boys needed to realise how you felt about one another, because it was very obvious to him.

Rochelle smiled to herself, realising how much she had overlooked Minho and his observing eyes.

 

They had arrived at the boy’s dorm an hour later, Kate changing her top three times before she was satisfied she had the right look. Rochelle was nervous as they made their way up to the top floor, Kate babbling on about how she hoped she looked alright, and that the skirt wasn’t too short. She had told the younger girl she looked fine and stepped out into the hallway, knocking on the front door, although she put in the code to unlock it. Rochelle closed the door behind them and Kate took off to find the boys, leaving Rochelle in the hallway removing her shoes. She glanced up and froze; Onew was leaning around the bathroom door, buttoning up his shirt in the process. He nodded at her and she forced herself to blink, wondering what he was up to. She could see in his dark eyes he was thinking over something, and flashes of last night’s kiss came to her own mind, making her heart pound harder.

“Good morning Onew,” she managed to say as she walked down the short hallway, her stomach fluttering as she moved passed him. She saw out of the corner of her eye that he watched her for a moment before disappearing into the bathroom again and she closed her eyes briefly, smacking into Jonghyun in the process.

“Are you alright?” he asked through a laugh and she nodded her head, rubbing her shoulder from where it had knocked against his. “Are you suffering from Onew Condition?”

She almost choked on her own saliva at the suggestion and then nodded. “I guess I am.”

Minho looked over at her and they shared a knowing glance, her cheeks flushing with colour. The taller boy’s face broke out in a smile and she sat down, covering her face in embarrassment. Rochelle wondered if anyone else had picked up on her attraction to the eldest boy or if it was just Minho, who always seemed to catch everything going on.

She glanced back up and Kate caught her attention, her similar coloured eyes wide with realisation. The red haired girl glanced at Minho and then back at Rochelle, catching onto their silent conversation and then Rochelle could tell why Kate was here in the first place. Minho had invited her along to make Rochelle feel comfortable around Onew, and for her best friend to click onto the situation as well. Rochelle got back to her feet and stated that she was going to check her makeup in the bathroom mirror. She then made her way into the room, Onew glancing up at her arrival as he styled his hair. She closed the door behind her and approached the boy.

“Does Minho know about last night?”

“He saw it happen,” Onew replied and continued playing with his hair. She didn’t understand how he could have such control over his actions this morning after his inability last night. She was having a hard time distracting her eyes away from his reflection in the mirror, and tried to keep them on the wall beside her instead.

“What did you tell him then?”

Onew shrugged. “Why does it matter?”

“Because Kate’s just realised something’s going on and she has the biggest mouth known to mankind.”

“But Rochelle, there’s nothing going on between us, so why should it matter?” Onew stated, finally turning around to face her. She blinked a couple of times and Onew continued. “You told me so last night, remember?”

“Uh, right,” she said blankly and then chewed on her bottom lip.

“Because even though we have feelings that we’re trying to resist, you’ve decided that it would never work. I have to respect that.”

“I don’t want to be seen as someone who uses fame to propel their career,” she agreed, her eyes searching his. She could see the battle within them, and relaxed a little, knowing she wasn’t alone in the struggle.

“And I wouldn’t want to compromise your career in any way.”

“Well uh, I just thought I’d check with you.”

“Of course, I’m glad we had this chat, and we’ve decided to ignore everything.”

“Yeah,” she said as he passed her and walked out of the bathroom. The whole conversation seemed incredibly surreal to her, and she wondered why he was acting the way he was when last night he had admitted a need for her, even pleading for her to stay.

“I guess I messed that up too,” she mumbled to herself, looking at her reflection in the mirror and trying to take the miserable expression off her face.

 

I want to have his children,” Kate whispered and Rochelle gasped at the statement, glancing at her best friend with concern. Kate grinned. “Seriously, look how he is with that kid.

Rochelle looked at Minho holding a young boy, giving him something to eat and grinning at every action the child made. She had to admit it was incredibly adorable watching him with the children; in fact all of SHINee looked extremely happy to be spending time with the sick kids. The press loved it too; one of the photographers for K Beats was there, snapping shots of everything that was going on.

Rochelle glanced at Onew holding a little girl, his face completely lit up as he tickled her sides. She was giggling infectiously and he soon laughed with her, putting her on a stool and giving her a plate with a cupcake on it to eat. He looked up at Rochelle then, the smile still on his face from his excitement and she felt her breath cease, her mind going back to their kiss the night before. He winked at her and then focussed back on the little girl, talking and clapping enthusiastically at her.

She knew then that she wasn’t going to be able to focus on anything until she had sorted her and Onew out. They weren’t even able to go a day with resisting since the kiss, even though Onew was trying to push her away with his words. His eyes couldn’t lie though, and she came up with a plan, hoping that it would work.