Pink Wings

Dear Love: Playlist

 

Pink Wings

 

Sunny’s eyes flickered open in an unknown room. She was lying on a bed but she can’t remember how she got there. She lifted her head and tried to focus. There was a desk beside her, across the bed was a closet and there was also a see through cabinet inside the room. It didn’t seem to have anything inside it though.

She tried standing up. She was still wearing the same clothes. She remembered seeing the red haired girl answering the door but there wasn’t much after that. Sunny took into account that she might’ve black out or something. Her Optimus was on the desk, along with some water. She took a quick drink and unlocked her phone.

Gorjess: Hey, coming over 2 visit. TY told me u fainted. Stay inside until I come c ur sorry arse.

Sunny reread the message. It was sent about an hour ago. Would Jessica be here already? She stood up and pressed her ear against the door. She heard faint noises.

“I guess she’s just really tired. She just moved out after all.”

“I hope she doesn’t scare us like that again.”

“Are you sure there wasn’t anything blowing up when she fainted? Jeongmalieyo?”

“Chincha! There weren't any!”

“Wae, is she afraid of that?”

“Kind of.”

Sunny identified at least two voices: Jessica. She felt relieved to hear her voice. The other was surely Taeyeon’s, she has heard it so many times during and after broadcast. But the other…

The angel? She pressed her cheeks against the wooden door. Unfortunately, she didn’t notice that the door wasn’t all the way closed and her body went right through the door jamp.

“Aaah!” She squeaked. When she lifted her head, she can see the surprised faces of the two girls she’ll be living with. Probably the only one who wasn’t amused at her sudden entrance was Jessica; she was wearing the face she usually wore when she sincerely wanted to beat the crap out of her. Sunny immediately tried to regain posture and bowed. “I… Jessica… I’m sorry that I worried everyone.”

“I told Taeyeon she can kick you out if you do something like this again.” She smiled. Sunny’s eyes widened as if she’s been splashed a bucket full of ice cold water in the face.

“She’s kidding!” Taeyeon raised her hands. “I’d never do that.”

“We were just really worried.” Tiffany said as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “When you fell down, I grabbed on to your shoulders and just panicked.”

“It was really funny. She was yelling so loudly and when I got there, she looked like she was trying to push you down or something.” Taeyeon laughed.

“I really didn’t know what to do!” Tiffany giggled. "Chincha!"

Jessica, however, found no delight on Sunny’s condition. While her friend was trying hard to keep up with the discussion, she observed her. She moved oddly and her voice was pitched higher than usual. She knew what was going on and frankly, she didn’t like it.

This punk's aegyo... She thought. You're lucky I can't punch you right now.

Sunny sat down next to her. They exchange brief and friendly grins, relieved that everyone was feeling better already. The four girls enjoyed a leisurely conversation until midnight.

“Well, I guess we should call it a night.” Jessica said as she stood up and wore her coat. “Taeyeonssi, we have a pre-recording at ten.”

“I won’t be late.” Taeyeon promised. “I’ll you downstairs.”

“That’d be nice.” Jessica smirked. She turned to Sunny and kissed her on the cheeks. “I have to leave you for now but just… Promise you’ll take better care of yourself.”

Sunny nodded as she waved goodbye to the two girls. Jessica bid Tiffany to have a wonderful night before closing the door.

Once they left, Tiffany automatically took the soiled plates to the sink and washed them. Sunny was too shy to start a conversation.

“So, uhm… What are your plans, Sunny?” Tiffany broke the silence as she dried her hands with a towel.

“I’m sorry?”

“I mean, you don’t want to go to college. So I guess, you’re gonna work instead?” Tiffany asked. “I’m sorry if I’m a bit too straight forward with my questions.”

“Aniyo, gwenchanayo. You’re not asking personal questions anyway.” Sunny reassured. She felt cold sweat run down her forehead. “I’ll just get whatever job I find.”

“Isn’t that hard though, not having a sense of where to go to?” Tiffany responded as she fixed the pillows on the sofa. “If you need help or anything, I can ask my brother to give you a job. He works at this hotel part-time.”

Sunny smiled although it came out weakly. “Kamsahamnida. I’ll think about it.”

Tiffany rested her hands on Sunny’s shoulder. All at once, Sunny’s senses shot up. It was like electricity, her touch. It made her want more.

“Well, I’m gonna go change. Your bag is in the room so, just rest up.” Tiffany even squeezed Sunny before she stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” She winked.

“Ah, ne. Jaljayo.” Sunny nodded, signaling Tiffany to move. When she turned and went to her room, she could’ve sworn she swayed her hips as she walked. It was wrong her Sunny to think of such things but… Tiffany has a well rounded piece of equipment. If she could, she's repeat the scene in slow motion. Or make a .gif file and play it in her head forever.

Sunny shook her head and went to her room. She shouldn't get ahead of herself. She didn't know who Tiffany was just yet. She locked the door and opened her bag to change clothes. There were still bruises on her skin but tonight she didn’t feel any of them.

She felt invincible.

When Tiffany touched her, it fell right on where Jinkyu slammed her on the wall. It was strange that she felt nothing. Maybe because it was healing well? Sunny really couldn’t explain it.

After changing, she went to wash her face. Tiffany was still inside, brushing her teeth. So she instead went to the kitchen, poured herself a glass of iced tea and drank the whole thing in one shot. It felt like the icy cold water turned into menthol as she downed the beverage.

She looked at the glass and wondered why it had such an awkward taste. But before she can even read the label on the bottle she grabbed…

“Sunny?” Tiffany called. She was staring at her in a manner she couldn't read. She even went up to her and hugged her like she was about to fall. Actually, she didn’t feel like falling. Not like before when she out at least; but the whole room was getting shaky and her eyes were losing focus.

“Sunny?”

She was so close to Tiffany right now, despite her building lack of motor skills, she had a good look at her face. Clean, fresh and vibrant. It was like she was taken out of an A-Solution commercial.

Tiffany led her to her room and laid her down. Sunny was hugging the bottle close to her chest but Tiffany took it away. “Hey?” Her voice echoed and she started talking in English. “Sunny, you okay? Do you need help?”

Sunny wanted to tell Tiffany that she was beautiful but where was she getting the guts to even think of that? Where on Earth did she get that sudden boost of confidence? She knew she tried to say it, but her words came out slurred and incoherent. What was happening?

She can see Tiffany’s face zooming in and out in a spinning motion. It was so chaotic. What the heck did she drink anyway? She tried fixing her eyes on the bottle that Tiffany placed on the table.

Jack Daniels.

So that would explain a lot…

•••••••

Jessica clicked the keys to her white BMW 320i. They have said their goodbyes but before she can reach out to her car’s door. Taeyeon caught her hand.

“I really have something so ask you.” She said.

Jessica flipped her head as she turned to face Taeyeon. “What is it?”

“Lee Soonkyu… Why are you hiding her?” Of course, Taeyeon would recognize the sister of company’s main top executive. Jessica knew this question will pop as soon as Taeyeon saw ‘Sunny’. She was present during meetings and was almost always beside Jessica during breaks. Despite minimal contact, all artists identify their producers. No amount of styling or dying their hair would make them forget the people who helped them.

She could feel Jessica’s face turn to a solid block of ice. She was surprised that, in one quick swinging motion, her grasp has left her boss’ and has been turned against her. The brown haired girl smirked. “Does this scare you, Kim Taeyeon?”

“What are you getting at?” Taeyeon dropped all honorifics against her manager. Fuelled by a sudden rush of protectiveness, she attempted to pull her arm down but Jessica’s hand firmly placed it as is. “If Tiffany gets in trouble because I helped you hide her I’ll…”

“I said, ‘does this scare you?!’” She repeated. This time, she threw her to the side of her car and pinned her there. It was happening so fast that the smaller girl couldn’t even react. Her limbs were restricted and she couldn’t fight back. Jessica moved her body against Taeyeon’s. She can feel her breath on her skin. “If I did this to Tiffany, what would you feel?”

Angry. But as much as Taeyeon furiously wanted to break away from Jessica’s grip, she couldn’t. The way she moved was unlike anything she has ever dealt with before. She had no idea that her small petite arms could easily slam her down like that. They were glaring at each other. Dammit!

“Taengoo.” Jessica whispered as used her arm to slide the smaller girl up a few centimeters. Taeyeon was forced to tiptoe. I feel so helpless. It dug into her skin and sank to her stomach but it only took her a few seconds to realize that her air supply was being cut off. She felt dizzy and was about to lose consciousness.

Just then, Jessica took a step back and giggled. “I’m sorry, did that hurt?” She smiled as if she wasn't trying to kill her a few seconds back. It was confusing.

Taeyeon dropped to her knees and she was gasping for air, coughing loudly before she can look at her.

“How does it feel, being unable to move? That’s what I felt when Sunny got beat up.” Jessica said as she opened the car door. “And if you feel that I should protect her from people who are willing to do that to her, then let her stay.”

The car started but the blonde had not regained her composure to answer. Jessica didn’t even wait for her to do that. She drove off, knowing she had already delivered every bit of information Taeyeon needed for judgment. She had conflicting feelings over what her manager said. If she really just wanted Soonkyu to be safe and only trusted Taeyeon for it, why did she have to give me an open ended answer? Tiffany would always be her main concern but…

She understood the feeling of being unable to do anything for the person that mattered most in her life.

Did Jessica and Sunny have a similar relationship with Tiffany and I?

Taeyeon stood up, still coughing; but convinced that letting Sunny stay was necessary for her to at least feel safe from whatever danger that followed her. Jessica and she were alike in that sense. It was as if they had reached a mutual understanding that it was for the best despite the rather... Violent explanation. When she looked at the road, Jessica’s car was already lost in sight.

Jessica Jung, who would’ve thought she had a heart under all that make up?

Taeyeon’s phone vibrated. She had thought Tiffany might have sent her a message but when she opened it; she saw a hundred smileys in random animations on her Kakao:

Kakao talk chatroom: (Seomate, Fanytastic, Taeganger)

Seomate: Unni unni, saranghae unni. <3

Well, no use crying over spilled milk.

•••••••

Jeonju’s night sky was silent. Everybody was already sleeping for the next day, all except two persons at the least.

Seohyun had just finished writing her essay on Ban Kimoon’s auto biography. Twenty two pages at last count, she had wanted to compile her thoughts on it for a long time but wasn’t able to because of school. On the two week vacation she had, she probably spent almost eighty percent of her free time analyzing it.

She stretched her arms and went to get some warm milk before bed. It was a little over midnight. So technically, tomorrow would be their first day of classes.

Her Vaio chimed as she received a message. When she checked it, it was Yonghwa.

EmoYoong: Ur stil awake? 0.0
                  Hyuuuuuuuun
                  U better run run run run runnnnn

Seohyun smiled. Yonghwa sometimes acts like a choding. It was part of his charm actually. When he sings her songs while she studies, sometimes it helps her relax. There were even times when he called her on Skype and she listened to him sing while she made assignments. She would even fall asleep because the music was very mellow to listen to. His words, as she described it, were delicate and full of meaning.

Seomate: About to sleep, Oppa.

EmoYoong: Cant w8 4 tom!

Seomate: ?

EmoYoong: Hav u talked 2 TY & Fany nuna?

Seomate: Not yet, will call them later though.

EmoYoong: We shud meet up b4 school
                   Lets meet w/ noona & hyung @ Seoul.

Seomate: Seoul? 0.0

EmoYoong: (u.u) Y not? Pick u up @ 8? :)))

Seomate: I have to ask Umma about that.

EmoYoong: Already asked them. OK. Just b ready

Seomate: Asked? :P

EmoYoong: Just do it! Adidas

Seomate: That’s Nike. >.<

EmoYoong: Rily? 0.0 Whoops
                  So l8r? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cmon!

Seomate: K. ;)))

EmoYoong: OK! Pinky swear!

SeoMate: Pinky Promise. :)

EmoYoong: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ C u OK? Jalja <3

SeoMate: Jaljayo.

Seohyun clicked out of chat and turned off her laptop. She set her alarm to six and snuggled in bed. Before she slept, she pulled out her phone and sent her unnie’s a good night message.