One Spring Day

Dear Love: Playlist

 

One Spring Day

 

Sunny carefully placed the cold compress on Taeyeon’s forehead. Since she got home, she acted strangely. She didn’t finish her burger and went to bed without changing clothes.

Tiffany followed her friend’s movements carefully. For some reason, she looked as if she was guilty of something. Without even asking, she quickly fetched a basin of water; then began cooling Taeyeon down with a sponge bath and a fresh change of clothes.

They know each other well.

Sunny was very envious in the amount of attention Taeyeon got. It wasn’t much of a surprise that they were close since Tiffany did state that she was her best friend… But still, they way they conversed, or leaned on each other while watching DVDs, or held hands when they were excited about something. She never had that, not with Jessica, Krystal or even her sisters Eunkyu and Jinkyu.

Since their parents worked very closely, Sica is more of a default friend. The only person she can lean on because she was the only person that was there. Sometimes, it made her sad; but she figured it was okay because she did enjoy doing her own things as well. Besides, with the kind of photography she practiced, it would be hard to work as a group.

Sunny took Taeyeon’s towel from the bathroom dipper and twisted the cold liquid out. She took the downed DJ’s almost lifeless arms and wiped the surface of her skin. Proximal to Dismal. Sunny chanted. Tiffany told her that was how nurses do it.

“I like big butts and I cannot lie.” Taeyeon hummed.

The smaller girl smiled. There really isn’t a wonder why Tiffany knew everything about Taeyeon. She slept talked all day and sang like a canary when you ask her questions. For far, she found out that her favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate; she doesn’t like shopping as much as her best friend; she has poor vision; monitors her fanclub via the internet; she is studied guitar but doesn’t have one… And that she thinks Jessica’s s were really big.

She also has a peculiar way of sleeping. Like about seven minutes ago, Sunny jumped because Taeyeon looked at her; but she was still clearly asleep because she was snoring. Upon closer inspection, Sunny saw the white in other girl’s eyes. She was sleeping with her eyes open!

She must really be stressed. She thought as she continued damping the towel on Taeyeon’s skin. It must be normal for local celebrities though.

“I don’t love Leeteuk. I love you.” Taeyeon said.

Sunny looked at the sleeping girl. “Leeteuk?” She wondered. Who?

“Ppanyah, ever since. Only you.”

What? Sunny thought she had heard wrong but Taeyeon’s words were clear and echoed through her ears.

Taeyeon loved Tiffany… In what way exactly?

Sunny wanted to convince herself that it was all friendship that came between the two girls. But why add ‘Ever since’ and ‘Only you’ if all you wanted was their support?

Suddenly, all the sweetness they had with each other made sense. When they teased each other, they weren’t making up jokes, they were stating facts. When they leaned on each other, it wasn’t because they were enjoying the movie, they were enjoying the setting. When they held hands, they weren’t companions, they were partners.

They were lovers.

Sunny wanted to splash the cold water on Taeyeon’s sleeping body, but what will that do? It would just wake the sleep talking wonder of Seoul Radio.

She stood up and sighed. Their room had almost ba-jillion pictures of Taeyeon and Tiffany with friends, under trees, eating food, shopping… Is this what she was up against? Someone who has been there for the angel of her life since forever?

What can she offer Tiffany anyways compared to Taeyeon? Comfort? Of what? Did she even have problems behind all of this money?

She suddenly felt a burning sensation from the back of her neck which quickly spread like wildfire to her limbs. She began having such a hard time breathing and every movement she made was in slow motion again.

What is this feeling? She can feel the veins in her head throb as her mind tried to stay awake.

‘Hey, ! You’re pissing me off!’ Jessica said monotonously. Sunny’s ringtone was a cuss collection of the Jung sisters. ‘Unnie, everyone knows you’re my y-.’ Things like that went on and repeated inside her pocket, bringing her back to reality.

“Yeoboseo?”

“Sunny ah! I’m on my break. How’s Taengoo? Is she giving you a hard time?” Tiffany asked.

Sunny looked at how the pea lover’s limbs were just scattered across the bed with a dozen cotton stuffed veggies. “She’s fine.”

“Well, I was thinking of getting some soup later for dinner. It’ll be good for her to eat something warm. How about you? Do you want something?” Tiffany continued. “I’m sure I can find some pasta if you like. We’ve been talking about making some spaghetti the other day, right? Are you craving?”

“Anything is fine.” Sunny said as she picked up the water to get a new batch. She slowly closed the door as to not bother Taeyeon’s slumber. “What time will you be home though?”

“I’m not sure but I should be there by… Maybe six? Not really sure.”

Sunny looked at the pink wall clock. Three o’clock. She lifelessly sighed. “Araseo.”

“Hey… Sun bunny?” Tiffany softly called; her voice was almost playful. “Is something wrong?”

“Aniya.” She said as she put everything on the sink and went to get some ice cubes from the freezer. In the midst of their conversation, she heard the door bell. “Oh. Jamkkanman.”

When Sunny looked at the monitor, she saw Tiffany smiling and waving at the camera, holding up noodles. They both laughed as she opened the door, exchanging words of happy surprises and helping the taller girl with her bags.

Just then, Tiffany plants a kiss on Sunny’s cheeks.

Flustered, Sunny stared at her.

“Since we’re living under the same roof, we should act like couples, right?” Tiffany giggled as she removed her sandals and made her way to the kitchen. Sunny just stood there, dumbfounded.

Like couples? She thought. If Tiffany wasn’t hinting anything other than being close friends, she should’ve said ‘act like family’. Panyang, what are you getting at? She followed the redhead and laid the food on the counter. Before her mind can dwell on it any further, Sunny decides to change the subject. “So how was school?”

“It was… Awful.” Tiffany cracked her neck. “There was this annoying guy at class that is just…” She made open handed gestures while transferring the noodles on bowls.

Sunny imitated the hand movements. “What does this mean exactly?” She giggled.

“Oh, Molla!” Tiffany accidentally dipped her finger in spaghetti sauce. “Oh shoot!”

Now, Sunny wouldn't usually do things like this but Tiffany is a prime example of someone you just can't pass chances about. “Give it here.” She took the other girl’s wrist and guided the salsa soaked finger to . “Mmm… This tastes nice.” She smirked. Her sudden alcohol-free boost of confidence was a wonder to herself as well.

Tiffany’s lips curved to a smile. “I haven’t washed my hands.”

“Does it matter really? I'm not picky.” Sunny left the warmth of Tiffany’s hand and resumed transferring Taeyeon’s wanton noodles in a bowl. “It would taste good whether you wash or not.”

Tiffany blinked and then focused on mixing the classic pasta in front of her. “Sunny, do you…” She lifted her head and boldly continued her question. “Do you like me?”

“I do.” Sunny confidently answered. “I’m not sure.” Wait, what did I just say?

Tiffany giggled as she set the food on the table. “Do you think I’m attractive then?” She asked. She waited for Sunny to turn her head before she winked at her. It was pretty obvious she was showing her some of her aegyo. Her shoulder kept shooting up.

She was wearing comfortable clothes to school today, a couple of SPAO put together to compliment the cold weather of spring. She always did her best to stay fresh and young looking… Not that she needed any help in that department.

Simple… But damn! Was this angel killing Sunny softly with it.

“Sometimes my lips curve weirdly.” Tiffany said as she touched her lips. “You know when you’re trying to force a smile and it comes of awkward? The same kind as Tororo?”

Sunny examined Tiffany’s lips closely. “Smile for me.”

“I can’t do that right now!” She laughed. “It’s the kind I only have when there are people I don’t like around me.”

“Then…” Sunny turned around to hide her red face. Does that mean she likes me? She can feel her cheeks burn at Tiffany’s answer.

Sunny felt her sincerity when she said that, but why does it feel like she was getting ahead of herself? No, I can’t assume that she like me because of that. Even if she prayed Tiffany did.

“… Then what?” The other girl tilted her head to one side. Her fingers dug into the bottom of the table she leaned on the table, biting her lips. Sunny wondered briefly if Tiffany was going to be affected by anything she has to say about her. Maybe… But the way her lips rubbed against her teeth was as if she would be rewarded with something if she said the right thing.

Sunny wished that life somehow included video game captions so she just choose from a pre-existing list of options to say. If she often screws up during dating sims, how the hell was she supposed to know what to say in real life?

“I think your lips are fine as they are.” She choked.

She saw Tiffany give a satisfied smile and walk to the living area. Was that response really adequate? Sunny leaned on the table to see what she was up to, but all she did in the common room was to spin then return. What was that exactly? A runway walk?

“Well, I think your lips are perfect as it is.” She said as she drew closer. “It doesn’t have an angle that I don’t like. I’m really envious.”

Are you saying you’ve been looking at my lips?

“Has anyone ever kissed those?” She asked.

“I’m sorry?”

“I said...” Tiffany repeated, drawing closer to Sunny. “Has anyone kissed you?”

“Ani.” Sunny grew uncomfortable at the redhead’s straightforward question.

“You mean there weren’t boys who came up to you and…”

“No!” Sunny laughed. She can’t even imagine.

“That’s a shame.” Tiffany said as she moved her hand to Sunny’s. This is the first time she has been this close to her without being knocked out or drunk. Although she was starting to get a little dizzy just by looking at the other girl’s angelic face; she was like this addictive sweet toxin that she just can’t get enough of.

Sunny avoided looking at Tiffany. She had to break the spell. What if Taeyeon sees this? She had only recently found out that her best friend is in love with this girl! But then again, she was also head over heels with the redheaded girl.

Do these things end in a stalemate though? Sunny didn’t know what Tiffany felt for Taeyeon or if she was the kind of person to even return the favor. She kept thinking she was straight, especially since she saw her with a man before.

But Taeyeon’s confession shot her hopes to the sky; if ever Tiffany was like that… Then, she would earnestly try to close the deal.

 “Let me do it.” Tiffany whispered.

Sunny’s senses shot up at once, like it was some kind of magical word that vanished logic from her head, ‘ it!’ it said. She felt the gears of her brain stop to a halt. Try as she might, she couldn’t get her thoughts flowing. She didn’t think she’s ever going to understand what happened next.

Tiffany’s hand rose from Sunny’s hand to her arms, then up to her shoulders, leaving a trail of goose bumps as she slid her fingers at the back of her neck. She was an expert on this, at least compared to the smaller girl. It made her cringe a bit but their bodies was so close to each other that she felt like she was cornered in the pink princess’ soft perfumed embrace. “Relax.”

“Ppani...” She called but she was frozen. She just told her she had no experience! How the heck was she supposed to know how to react to this? Did Tiffany even enjoy that the person she was dealing with was as steady as a rock?

Sunny felt her other hand grab her hips and pull her close. “Tell me you want this as much as me.”

“Yes.” Sunny answered. Really, what else can she say to her? She didn’t exactly wanted to say ‘no’. Especially since she was a person she dreamt about constantly. She knew it was wrong, but why did it seem like the right thing to do? Was it wrong for her to take something Tiffany was willing to give anyway? She wished she could've waited to know what really went on between the two girls before she decides on anything... But she was already wrapped around the other girl’s long manicured fingers.

And she was in no mood to resist.

Tiffany pressed her lips against her. At first, she was just as frozen as the blonde, but then she moved to her lower lip and lightly it. Even though Sunny gave no physical response, she kept caressing her, stopping only to respire. They were like this for about a minute.

It was only a few days ago, but here she was, right where she wanted her. Everything fell into place, was it really this easy though? Sunny couldn't help the nagging feeling that this moment was a 'one time, big time' sort of thing. Tiffany was pretty much her dream girl. She was very organized and well mannered. Her style was sleek and chic. She was so unlike the formalities she’s been exposed to all her life.

“Open your mouth.” She breathed before plunging back to Sunny. It was hard enough for the smaller girl to process what was happening, let alone take kissing lessons! Nevertheless, she did allow Tiffany entry and she explored it as much as she could.

At first, Sunny can feel Tiffany’s tongue press against her teeth, the insides; her instincts kicked in and she suddenly knew what message she was sending.

Wider. She thought as Sunny let their tongues meet. She had no idea what to do or how to move but Tiffany guided her with stifled moans. Her hands began to move on their own, locking their bodies in one tight and hot embrace.

The two held on to each other, exploring a world they never thought in a million years would they experience. Nobody ever thought or planned on cheating. It was something that just happens.

They both caught their breath. It felt as if they were doing that for hours. She can see sweat form from each other’s forehead. “I can’t get enough of this.” Tiffany said as she traced Sunny’s lips.

“Neither can I.” Sunny answered. This time, she was the one who leaned in. She was enjoying this. Her heart burned to be with her and her brain made every kind of mental note to grab all opportunities to stay beside her from now on.

The two broke apart when they suddenly heard something bump from their room.

They completely forgot the fact that Taeyeon was just in the other room. It sounded like something hard was thrown on the wooden door. It took a moment for Sunny to register that they might have been caught. That the dream like reality she just had with Tiffany ended before it even started.

“Tae?” Tiffany shouted. She ran inside the room, but then she turned the knob but the door didn’t budge, like something was pressed against it. She continued pounding on the door. “Taeyeon?!”

Wait, when she went to the living room… Sunny remembered the way Tiffany spun in a flashback. She was peeking at their door, to see if it was closed.

She was afraid that Taeyeon would see them. That proved she wanted to hide this from her best friend. Was she interested on her as well? Or was she just afraid of what the other girl would think if they saw them together? Did it even matter?

“Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany frantically banged the door.

“WHAT?” Taeyeon flung the door open, holding her forehead as if she had must’ve slammed it somewhere.

Tiffany held her best friend. “Gwenchana?”

But Taeyeon pushed her away. “Stop. You’re gonna get sick too.”

Sunny thought Tiffany would start a fight because of Taeyeon’s crankiness but she guessed the taller girl let it slip because the short one was indeed unwell.

Tiffany's hand went to check Taeyeon’s forehead with the back of her palm. “Well, your fever has gone down. Do you want to eat?”

Wow, this is amazing. One second, you’re locking lips with her and the next, she’s feeding her best friend. Sunny first saw Tiffany as this beautiful angel that came down from heaven, one that had no faults or ugly features. But the way she acted right now, it really burned a hole through what Sunny perceived as the perfect girl.

Bad thing was, Tiffany’s image basically just went from innocent angel to badass goddess.

Sunny, what the hell is wrong with your way of thinking?