I love you, I love you

Dear Love: Playlist

(A/N: Jumping POVs ahead. lol)


 

I love you, I love you

 

Jinkyu was pointing a gun straight to her sister’s face. She wanted to end everything here. She can never give Soonkyu the life that she wanted. Though she worked hard to provide and protect her, she has failed miserably.

She kept her inside a box. If she had little contact with others as much as possible, she would have believed she was normal. Her uncle prescribed her numerous homemade medicines that allowed her to forget her awful past; and all Jinkyu had to do was carry all the pain for her.

When she first disobeyed her, it was when she asked her not to stay out late. It was a minor slip, but she snapped and slapped her across the face. She didn’t mean to, but she was working hard to keep her in check; and all she did was to break the rules she set up.

She searched her room when she left; worried that she didn’t bring any of her medicine with her. When she saw the film tubes, she knew something was up. She never used film, so she ripped the covers open and saw at least a month’s worth of medication.

Sunny stopped taking her anti depressant pills.

At that time, Jinkyu could only think of how her sister’s constant antics and spacing out meant. She visited her uncle, and found out that withdrawal from the pills would cause mental episodes.

That was when she panicked.

“Sunkyu, come here.” She commanded. Sunny’s eyes darkened as she took a step towards her sister, but Tiffany grabbed her hand.

“Who is this?” Jinkyu motioned. Sunny blankly stared at her, irresponsive. So she pointed the handgun to the redhead instead. Tiffany pulled the smaller girl in panic, but she didn’t budge.

“Are you one of the people who hid her from me?” Jinkyu accused.

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany asked, she saw older woman’s hand squeeze the trigger and she knew she was about to shoot. So she pulled Sunny as hard as she can and ran.

BANG!

Sunny closed her eyes, her body moved on its own. She was waiting for the pain to sear through her body, but it didn’t. Was it because she was still partly influenced by the White Sunnies?

BANG!

“UNNIE!” Sunny opened her eyes. She saw Tiffany holding her hand, running. She looked behind her and saw he tank was leaking water. She missed.

Tiffany ran behind one of the radiators and hugged Sunny.

“I love you, Sunny. I really do.” She whispered. “Whatever happens, please forgive me.”

Sunny was thankful that in her numerous trips abroad, she had somehow picked up the English language. She kissed Tiffany. It was a small peck on the lips.

“I’ll always love you, no matter what you do. No matter who you choose.” Sunny confessed.

You taught me how to love, Hwang Miyoung. You don't know how important that is. I will keep loving you, whatever happens. I promise, I will love you the way I know how to love.

Taeyeon swung the door open. She saw a woman who was standing outside; her hand was hidden because the wall was in the way, but it looks like she was pointing at someone. She immediately identified who the woman was.

Lee Jinkyu, Seoul Radio’s CEO. The person who cried ‘unnie!’ earlier was probably Sunny. Taeyeon approached her; but was surprised when the older woman turned to her, swinging a gun to her face.

“WHOA! Watch where you’re…”

BANG!

Leeteuk has pulled her out of the way and hid behind the other side of the wall.

The familiar voice rang in Tiffany’s head and her heart sank. “TAEYEON?!”

“TIPANI?!” Taeyeon called back.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!

Leeteuk pulled Taeyeon to the other side of the wall and covered . “Stop being noisy. She’ll know where we are.” He pointed at the Jinkyu’s shadow and observed the way moved. She was heading towards the strident machines.

They weren’t the target.

She’s going after Tiffany! Taeyeon realized.

The thought of her friend being shot terrified her but if she acted rashly, someone would get hurt. She calmed herself down.

If someone was going to die tonight, it can’t be Tiffany. It just can’t! She told herself.

She eased her head out and tried to find the two girls. There were radiators at one side of the building. It was the only place that provided cover from older woman.

Taeyeon blinked when she saw Tiffany crawl from the shadows. Jinkyu circled the group of engines, checking each side for Sunny’s presence.

It looks like they’ve split up and that she was going around towards the gunman.

That’s so reckless! She felt adrenaline rush into her blood vessels as she ran towards her. Leeteuk tried to grab her but failed.

In nine seconds, Jinkyu would have pinned the two girls helplessly to the ground.

One, two… By the time Jinkyu saw Taeyeon running, Tiffany had already thrown herself to the older woman, locking the assailant in a tight choke hold.

Three, four, five… Jinkyu threw her shoulders left and right, picking Tiffany’s light body off the ground and swinging her around like a ragged doll. She used the girl’s flying limbs to throw the blonde back. Taeyeon lost her footing and landed on one of the heated machines.

Six… She screamed in pain when Jinkyu made a follow up assault. She slammed her feet into her shoulders, pinning her to the radiator. They all heard a sudden crunch of bones. It was like her shoe was made of wood.

“TAEYEON!” Tiffany shouted. She clutched the woman’s head tighter. She was never the strongest girl in the world, but seeing someone snap her best friend in two suddenly gave her the strength to kill a person with her bare hands. She had never wanted to break someone’s neck so much before. Seven…

Eight… Unfortunately, Jinkyu placed the gun on Tiffany’s small shoulders. The older girl gave her a triumphant smile as she pulled the trigger. The other girl grimaced. She knew she was done for.

BANG!

Nine.

Tiffany whimpered as she fell on the concrete floor, grasping her shoulders as her blood spilled. She saw Taeyeon rolling on the ground as well.

Is this how things would end?

They never told each other that they’re sorry for their actions. They never got a chance to tell them how much they really meant to each other; or that despite what happens in their lives, they will always love each other. That was just how things were. That was how it was supposed to be.

Tiffany and Taeyeon’s eyes met but they couldn’t hear their thoughts anymore.

And that was probably the worst.

BANG!

A second later, Leeteuk fell into the ground near Taeyeon. He was clutching his leg. Tiffany focused her eyes on Jinkyu’s hands. They way she shot them; she was aiming for their limbs this whole time!

She really didn’t want to kill them. This gave Tiffany the hope that she still has that chance to save Sunny; the hope that she can still make things right.

The important thing was that all of them need to survive this night.

Taeyeon was almost to the point of passing out due to pain. She was lying on the ground, motionless but breathing heavily. Tiffany saw Leeteuk ripping his jeans and wrapping it around his wound. She was the only one who tried to stand. Bit by bit, she sat up.

She lifted her head. Sunny was confronting her sister now.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to tell you everything. Seoul Radio is gone now. Let’s go to Mom. There’s nothing for us here anymore.” Jinkyu said.

“Unnie, nan…”

Jinkyu lifted the gun to her younger sister’s face. “I didn’t know he was doing to you. If I only knew then…” Tears started running down her face.

“… If only life was fair then…”

“It’s not your fault.” Sunny said. “None of it was.”

“Let’s end our suffering here, Sunkyu. I don’t want to live anymore.” She said. “All this world has to offer is misery. I can’t take it anymore. You have to come with me! I can’t bear to lose you.”

Sunny’s hands went to her sister’s. Her sister has been keeping all the hate inside her. She wanted to share it. She lowered the gun to her chest, straight to her heart. “It’s okay. Aim here.”

“NO!” Tiffany shouted.

My first love story. My angel. Sunny smiled. ‘Thank you.’ She mouthed.

From the first time she saw Tiffany, until they began talk of sweet nothings, how they kissed under the same starry night and how they would become one when they were alone. It was the most beautiful thing in the world. She was glad to experience being in love at least once in her life.

Sunny was submerged in water and the bubbles were raising her up to the surface. Soon, she would see the end. She’ll be able to breathe again. Arms stretched out to her, then hugged her. It was the same as her dreams before; Tiffany had come to save her.

“Would you kill the person you love, for love?” Jinkyu asked.

Sunny suddenly felt she was at a different place. In her hand was her camera, when she raised her head. A butterfly was struggling to escape its cocoon.

Transformation. Then freedom.

Then an old lady passed by, she was alone. She probably didn’t have much to live. There were so many stories in her eyes but those were tales that can never be told by just looking.

Experience. Then wisdom.

Lastly, Tiffany: sitting down in a bench waiting for her. ‘Have you eaten? Let’s go eat.’

Love, captured.

Sunny’s life passed her by. Just like how her family died, memories was all she had.

Jinkyu was ready to die tonight. Sunny knew that, but she needed her to know that she still had reasons to live. There were so many things she wanted to do, so many things to feel and experience, and too much love to give.

She wasn’t ready die yet. She had just begun living!

“Ever since I saw the world, I wanted to explore it.” Sunny confessed. “And in that short time, I was able to love. Unnie, I want to keep loving. I have to, it’s too wonderful.”

Jinkyu kept silent.

“Hajima.” She whispered. “Kajima.”

Sunny hoped that what she said would be enough for Jinkyu to make a decision against what she was doing. She hasn’t killed anyone, so she isn’t going to face a lifelong sentence. There was still a way out of this!

Jinkyu kissed her sister’s forehead. “You’re all grown up.”

Sunny smiled. Has she done it? She closed her eyes and felt heaven was around her again. She must’ve. It was her wish, everything she ever wanted, placed on a delicate play on words.

BANG!

When she opened her eyes, her sister had just placed a bullet through her neck. Her blood rained on Sunny’s face and clothes. Jinkyu’s lifeless body sprawled to her feet.

Sunny stared at the ground where her sister used to stand. Her death went on repeat in her head. It would be the only thing in her life’s playlist from now on.

All at once, she felt terror grabbing her and pulling her back in deep water. Her loneliness swallowed her whole and her hatred buried her alive. Gunshots and explosions made her wince and fire made her cringe in fear, and most of all…

Her hands were stained with blood again.

The rooftop door opened. Taecyeon, Leo and a few other people barged in.

Medics went to help Leeteuk first. Some of the security personnel went straight to check Jinkyu’s body. Tiffany was already standing when they came. She checked at Taeyeon first, but when she saw Taecyeon probe her shoulders; her eyes immediately returned to Sunny.

“Holy crap, it’s broken. I need to snap it in place.” Taecyeon said before the medics got to them. The girl’s head rested on his chest. She was half conscious when he broke it back the way it was. All Taeyeon can think about was the chocolate like musk Taecyeon wore.

He wasn’t the strawberry Tiffany was eating behind her back.

Meanwhile, the redhead reached out to the short haired girl. “It’s over, Sunny. Let’s go home.”

Sunny’s eyes went from her sister to Taeyeon, then to Tiffany. She was in despair. She saw the angel’s hand try to pick her up, inviting her to continue living the life she initially chose.

But she suddenly didn’t want to live anymore. For the first time, she denied Tiffany. She slapped her hand away and dashed towards the door. It surprised everyone. Leo tried to stop her, but she pushed him out of the way.

“Get her!” Leo ordered. Several men went after her. “Whatever it takes!”

“Don’t hurt her!” Tiffany yelled.

Saranghae. Saranghae. Sunny cried.

Goodbye.