Epilogue

Dear Love: Playlist

Epilogue

 

 

A month later… Seoul, Korea

 

There were multiple machines keeping her alive. Dextroses mixed with different medication were plugged on every limb she had and her body was taped down on the bed. When she opened her eyes, she saw a mirror pointing at her. It was probably because they knew that was the first thing she would look for when she woke up.

Her hair looks like it hasn’t been washed for a month, her skin was uber dry and she lost a heck of a lot of weight. It made her look unbalanced. She tried sitting up, but the tube in didn’t bend well enough and sent bolts of pain to her brain.

She tried moving her arms but they were tied to the railings. What was going on? She looked around the room. Was this a hospital or an asylum? There were flowers around the room and the sun shined through the curtains brightly.

She blinked. Spring was long gone and summer was already at full swing. How long has she been out?

The door opened. Kim Taeyeon entered the room with flowers. They stared at each other first, as if they were hallucinating at what they were seeing.

“Ssikashi?” Taeyeon said, throwing the flower on the table and running towards her. “Woooo, daebak! Look, your eyes are moving.”

Jessica’s arms went to punch Taeyeon but it didn’t reach her.

The small girl laughed, not because she thought it was funny; but because she was happy. Jessica was up and kicking, meaning it’s only a matter of time before she gets back on her feet. Taeyeon pressed the buzzer to call the nurse and sat down beside her.

“Ya, Ssikashi. We were all surprised. From what I heard, you got hit on your head at about three in the afternoon and bled nonstop until the evening. Who the heck can survive something like that?” Taeyeon giggled. “Only Jeshikka Jung.”

It looks like the endurance training she had while taking boxing lessons paid off. That was the main reason why she had strong limbs despite her small frame. She always pushed herself to her limits, even while jogging.

Jessica tried to speak, but her vocal cords felt like they were cut. It must be the stress from them tube. It was hard, not being able to speak. She ever tried shouting, but no words came out.

“Oh, mian. Jamkanman.” Taeyeon quickly took out a white board and untied Jessica’s hands. “Tiffany brought this for you.” She said, and then she adjusted the bed slowly so she can sit up.

Her fingers couldn’t grip the pen tightly and it was hard for her to write due to all the shaking. She guessed her body was still in hibernate mode. Krystal? She wrote.

Taeyeon nodded. “She dropped out of school to manage the company. Don’t worry though, we’re helping her out.”

Jessica scribbled another name: Jinkyu??

She saw Taeyeon become uncomfortable and pour herself a glass of water. She drank it down and sat beside her again. “Ssikashi, Jinkyu seongssangnim is dead. Sseoniah is missing.”

Jessica frantically erased the writings with her hand and wrote a big question mark on the board.

Taeyeon rocked her body back and forth, as if she was buying time. “Well, I uhm… I really don’t know the specifics but…”

Jessica quickly grabbed the other girl’s collar, not minding the pain that her body was in. Her body wasn’t in full swing, Taeyeon should be happy about that because she wanted to smash her face in. She pulled her closer and placed the question mark right in front of the blonde’s face.

“YA! YA! I’m telling the truth!” She shouted. Just then, the door slid open and Tiffany came inside the room, holding some Starbucks on her hands.

“What’s going on here?” She said in English.

Jessica wiped the mark on the white board and wrote something in then threw it at Tiffany’s feet.

WHERES SUNNY

Tiffany placed the food on the table and picked up the board. “We don’t know where she is. She ran away from us.” Her eyes darkened. “She ran out on all of us.”

Jessica’s eye began to water. She wanted to help everyone so desperately. In the end, she just placed all the work on Krystal, sent Sunny to the open and killed her sister. It wasn’t her intention. She didn’t want any of that to happen.

A few minutes later, the nurse entered the room. She brought a doctor with her. Jessica was given an assessment and it looked like she can take off most of the machines by tomorrow. If all goes well, she’ll be in rehab and she can go home in two weeks.

She was given a change of hospital robes and some clean bed sheets. She felt the soreness of her body as they fixed her up. She can’t wait to get out of bed when she can. The two girls requested her to be unbound and they did. It was a relief for Jessica to be able to move, even if it was just in her bed.

Taeyeon also called Krystal so Jessica can hear her sister’s voice. She was apperently on a business trip in Bangkok right now, but she said that would head straight to the Medical Center when she gets back. She wished her better health and a good night, knowing her sister’s condition eased her mind a bit.

At about six, Taeyeon and Tiffany bid their goodbyes.

“We’ll be back tomorrow, OK?” Taeyeon said. “Since you’ll finally be able to eat something, I’ll cook something for you.” She snickered as she opened the door.

Tiffany bowed. “See you tomorrow, Jessica.”

Once the door shut, Jessica reached for her phone. There were so many messages, but there was only one person she wanted to see so badly that night.

[To: Ok Taecyeon] Oppa, I’m lonely tonight.

Looks like Jessica hasn’t run out of secrets just yet.