Teaser

Dear Love: Playlist

 

Dear Love, Repeat
Preview

 

“Before I knew it, talking in that studio became my life. Whether or not the person in front of me was a celebrity or a normal person on the phone didn’t matter, I was happy listening to them and guiding them when they ask.” Taeyeon clicked her phone. The screen behind her turned black and Hangul letters started to appear one by one.

Depression.

Taeyeon gave her audience a sad smile. The students began whispering to each other.

“I’ve talked to hundreds and thousands of people in my life and every single one of them had their own story, each of them having their own ups and down.”

She stopped, letting the word sink on the young minds. “Depression affects one out of ten people. There is a high chance that in this room…” She looked at the classroom. “There are at least five people who are in so much pain right now.”

Taeyeon pointed at one of the student. “Is it you?” Then she pointed at the back. “Or that one?” She shrugged. It was something you can never really tell until you pay attention to who people are around you.

The lights went back on and illuminated the amphitheatre style room.

“If you see the signs, don’t ignore it. Talk to them. Learn about their life and make them feel that they aren’t alone.” Taeyeon placed her phone on her table. The bell rang just in time.

“That’s it for now. I want all of you to submit a paper on the subject next meet. At least one page, no double spacing! I don’t like cheating.” She winked.

The people inside began gathering their notes and standing up. Several students came up to her and thanked her for the lecture. There was even a student who asked for her autograph.

She initially laughed while tucking her books inside her bag. “Aigoo… I’m hardly a celebrity anymore. Cut it out.” Nevertheless, she signed the notebook and smiled while she made her way to the parking lot.

Kim Taeyeon. It’s been five years since the incident. She has been rebuilding Radio Seoul since then, completely altering the way Dear Love, catered to its audiences.

She collaborated with another successful speaker of their generation: Jang Wooyoung, to create an even more powerful broadcasting entity. She is also responsible for mentoring IU, another DJ that captured the heart of Seoul.

Taeyeon has got to admit that she did miss being on air; but there are things that got to change, things that you need to adapt to or else you’d get swept away.

Sometimes, you just have to let go because it doesn’t fill the empty void in your heart anymore.

She missed her dream so badly, but it was okay because she can never make Tiffany suffer for her. Letting go of the microphone was an easy trade to be with her completely. It was what she had always wanted. This was her new life.

Tiffany was waiting for her. She was on the phone when Taeyeon approached her. They smiled at each other.

“I’ll talk to you later.” She said as she hid her phone. “Hey, you.”

“Wae? Wae ‘da’?” Taeyeon said, throwing her arms around the girl to give her a light peck on the lips. “Where do you want to eat?”

“Can’t I just have you?” Tiffany smiled as she rained kisses on Taeyeon’s cheeks.

“Mmmnn, look at this girl that I’m taking out tonight.” Taeyeon snickered. “Remember the time when you used to be so persnickety? Girl, you so fine!”

“Who’s persnickety? And what’s with the accent?” Tiffany picked up Taeyeon’s body by her hip and spun her around. The former star held to the taller girl tightly and began throwing her legs around while she shouted ‘Waegure?! I said used to be! Hajimanayo!’ over and over.

When they were tired from laughing, Tiffany rested her back on Taeyeon’s car.

“Ah! Jeongmal baegopa.” Taeyeon finally opened the car door for her. “Gaja?”

“Ne.” Tiffany said as she went in. Taeyeon hurried to the other side of the car and got in.

She didn’t take her any place special. Tteokbokki Palace was a popular food chain in Korea. Though it was an ordinary sight, they had the best… Of everything!

“I knew you’d take me here.” Tiffany shouted. “You cheapskate! I took you to Japan on our last anniversary!” She said, pitching Taeyeon’s arm.

“YA!” She jumped and pointed at her new car. “I just brought that! I can’t spend money taking you out all the time. I’d be buried in loans!”

“Well, I guess it can’t be helped.” She pouted, cutely. God, Taeyeon was so in love with this girl. They kissed again before entering the restaurant.

The place was jam packed with people. Taeyeon was worried they might not even get to sit and she was really hungry.

Tiffany nudged her. “Let’s go upstairs.”

Taeyeon pulled her. “I can’t afford a VIP room!” She whispered.

“Trust me.” She led her to one of the rooms, upstairs. “I know you said you wanted to celebrate quietly, but I just can’t help it.”

When she opened the door: Yonghwa, Seohyun, Jessica and Taecyeon were inside with big smiles. Food was already on the table and her twenty fifth (24th) birthday cake was lit up.

“Happy birthday!” They shouted.

“Aww, chincha!” Taeyeon laughed, surprised that everyone even remembered. She blew out the candles at once

“Unnie, sit beside me.” Seohyun said as she pulled her close friend to a sit. “Yonghwa and I wanted to announce something later as well.”

Taecyeon placed her arm around Jessica. “I sure hope it’s nothing shocking; unlike these two here.” He pointed at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“Oh, stop it you.” His best friend threw a piece of squid at him. “You still owe me.”

They settled inside the room, talking nonstop about their lives and how times has changed. They had Soju and the leftover Kimchi after dinner.

After an hour of laughing, Yonghwa stood up and raised his glass. Seohyun held his hand.

“In six months, you guys will all be godparents!”

Taeyeon’s mouth dropped. “WHAT THE ?!”

Instead of filling the atmosphere with happy cheers, everyone chased Yonghwa out the room, screaming on how he got their maknae knocked up. Only Jessica and Seohyun were left inside.

“Oh, you guys grow up so fast.” Jessica poured wine on her glass. “I guess that’s why you’re not drinking tonight.”

“I’m sorry, unnie.” Seohyun bowed her head. “I just heard about your condition the other day.”

“It’s OK. My body just isn’t the same as before.”

A few minutes later, Taeyeon dragged Yonghwa inside the room. The other two followed the kid leader with blank faces. It was as if they saw something so brain damaging that they scared out of their minds.

“Hold on, I need to pee.” Jessica stood up. “Tiffany, go with me.”

“Oh, sure.” She said, snapping back to reality when Jessica’s icy grip grabbed her hand. Tiffany turned to her girlfriend. “Taetae, use my VISA to pay for this.”

Seohyun glanced at how Taeyeon wasn’t nearly finished cursing her husband to death. She got up and took Tiffany’s bag. “I’ll get it for you, unnie.”

Tiffany nodded as she followed Jessica to the powder room; both of them walking towards the private room, with no intention of actually using it.

Just as they entered, the ice princess kicked the door shut and stuck her phone to Tiffany’s face.

“Ya, Hwang Miyoung. Did you do this?”

“I should say the same.” Tiffany slapped her phone to Jessica’s palm, showing the exact cryptic text she’d received.

It only took a second to realize it. But the two looked at each other with dreaded eyes, once again, they found themselves at the opposite ends of the battlefield.

Choi Siwon is back.