Cherry Blossoms

Melodies of You

[A/N]:

My dear readers,

let me remind you that this update is a short one. 

I only wanted to focus on the Cherry Blossom scene,

so please be considerate!

Komawo! ^^ *bows*

 

Jiyong's POV

After we baught some materials, I realized that it's been hours searching for my mom. Me and Bom went to this little village at Seoul where my Mom used to live. Unfortunately, all the nighborhood still remember her but they didn't have any idea where she is right now. Some ahjumma told us that she left the village twelve years ago and didn't come back. 

I was still very young when mom left us. I couldn't barely remember her face, what she looks like, and what her body is. I only remember her warm embraces back then and I will never forget it.

After Bom was asking questions to another person about my mom, I ask her if we should just continue this on the next day  and eat some dinner since the sun is about to set. She happily agreed but we both know that we're still not satisfied by the result. But this girl never fails to encourage me. She's very optimistic. Beacuse of her, I have the energy and courage to find my mother.

I saw some vendors selling street foods along the village, so the both of us went there and I treated her for dinner.

"Aaaaaahhhh! Ddeok-boggi are the best!" she puts the first rice cake roll in and squints her eyes while happily chewing the food. Hehehe. Did i mention she looks cute?

"Yeah, street foods here in Korea are the best."  

While eating the first piece of my food, I ask her if she wants to sit down and she said yes. We started walking down the streets surrounded with wooden benches, lighted posts and pink cherry blossoms. The night has come and all the lights went on. 

"Hey noona, let's sit here." 

We sat on a wooden bench where we continued eating and talked about other stuffs. As few minutes passes by, the petals of the cherry blossom are slowly falling on the ground.

"Omo! Look at the cherry blossom tree!" she gasped and pointed her fingers on each petals falling down.

Like a 12-year old, she tries to catch the petals with her hand and it seems like she's really amazed. I got to admit it, she looks cute right now. I grab my phone from my pocket and secretly took a photo of her without letting her know. I don't want to ruin this perfect and beautiful candid scene. 

"Hmmmm I think fall season is near." I pursed my lips as I propped my hands on the bench.

"Ehh? Ani, it's not that. There's actually a meaning to it." she protested.

"Jinja? What is it?" with one eye-brow raising, and head tilting.

"They said if you witnessed it's petals are slowly falling down on a cold night, you already found the person you'll definitely marry ."

What she just said now, made my body froze. Is this really true? Jesus Christ, if it is, why is my heart beating so fast?

I took a slight glance of her and turned my head awkwardly to her direction.

"But, it's actually an old story, so only a few people believed it." she shifted postion and faced me. I look away and laugh in a nervous manner.

"Y-yeah, it's actually old..."

. This is awkward. Wait, what? Why do I even feel awkward? Oh c'mon Kwon Jiyong! Stop it and these non-sense thoughts of yours! 

"But you know what Jiyong-ah, I really do wonder if I already met him." her voice trailed off as she was looking at the ground.

I slowly turned my head towards her direction again and stared at her for a few seconds. When she notices it, she also turns her head with a curious look.

"What?"

I can't answer her directly, I just don't know why. We were both looking at each other's eyes. I felt a sudden chill in my body, I lifted my right arm and my hand was tucking her hair behind her ear. My face was slowly approaching hers until our face was just an inch apart.

I snapped myself out and pulled back. The look on her face was really shocked. I blinks her eyes rapidly. I look away so fast and my hand was at mylap right now. I shook my head in attempt to get rid of such thoughts.

"W-what was that?" I swear, the look on her face was just priceless. She's shocked as a girl who got stolen a kiss.

"Oh, uh it-it was nothing! Your hair was messy, s-so uh I tucked your hair! And uh.. maybe it because of the athmosphere."

Ugggggh Could this get any awkward?

O_______________________________O

I don't want to look at her again so I tried my best not to. Side-eyeing her was my only choice. Thank goodness, I finally thought something that will break the ice.

"Ah noona, it's already late, we should go home already." I gulped. Seriously, I need to end this.

"Omo! It's already eight. Hul! Let's go!"

 

-oOo-

 

[A/N]: If you're still wondering why this update is short. Please read my message again located above at the first paragraph of this chapter. ^^