The Auditions

Melodies of You

Bom's POV

"Yeah. The one who was looking at you. That's Jiyong."

So that's him. He's the Jiyong that the girls were walking about...

While heading for the cafeteria, Dara showed me a lot of things inside the campus. Inlcuding the the posters for the upcoming Glee club auditions.

"Uh Dara?" 

I didn't hesitate to ask her since she is my bestfriend. I was still looking down at my food and played it with my fork.

"Ne?" 

"Can you tell me more about them?"

"Who? You mean Bigbang?" She took a slice of Pork and ate it.

"Yeah. I wanna know more about them."

"Woah woah woah! W-wait? Since when are you interested about guys?!"

She chuckled as her eyes suddenly widened.

"Eh? What's wrong with that?" I gave her a WTF look and an eyebrow-raised.

"Nothing. It's just that you never asked me stuffs like that." 

"Well, I guess people change."

"Since you wanted me to tell you more about them, can you still remember their faces?"

"Yeah. There are five of them, one is Jiyong and the other one who you introduced to me a while ago was Youngbae right?" 

After describing what the guys look like, I grabe my cola and drink it while I'll listen to Dara.

"Yes, that's Dong Youngbae. He's the Michael Jackson of the group. He's voice is so RNB! It's very soothing. He's a very good dancer too. He likes kids and religious songs. He's actually Christian like you Bom."

"Jinja? That's great!" I smiled a bit.

"Uhuh. And Seunghyun is the complete opposite."

"What about him?" I grab and slurp my cola.

"He doesn't like kids. But he acts like one!" she rolled her eyes.

"Isn't he the tall guy who's good-looking?"

"Yeah. And he's also the oldest.. Seunghyun was born an actor. He's very good at acting. He's a rapper but he never sings. He can dance but sometimes, but his body is a little stiff. He's the visual of the group, he can seduce you using his eyes. That's why thousands of female students here are so crazy over him. 

Then suddenly, my full attention was on Dara.

"And then there's Lee Seungri. The maknae. Have you seen the guy in black?"

I didn't answered but I just nodded my head because like I said, I gave my full attention.

"He's the Justin Timberlake of the group. He's the best dancer, he choreographs most of our performances. Then the guy who's smile so delightful, like an angel is Kang Daesung. He's the joker and the best voice among them. Lastly, the Bigbang's leader, Kwon Jiyong. In glee club, you might see him as the stubborn and serious Jiyong, but in reality, he's very cute and such a gentleman. And not to mention he has a good taste in fashion." she looked away, leaned her hands on the table and placed it on her cheeks. Like a little fangirl dreaming.

"Uh? Can he sing?" 

"You can only often hear him sing. He's a rapper like Seunghyun too. In glee club, he composes all our songs and he's the one who takes in charge when sajang-nim isn't around. All in all, he's a music genius!"

"Then why didn't he go and audition at a talent agency?"

"It's actually a long story. Speaking of auditions, since you know about them now, I still want you to audition for the Glee club this friday." Dara grab her milk and starts slurping it.

"Aigoo~ I'm not sure yet." I sighed and pouted my lips.

"What do you mean you're not sure yet?! C'mon Bommie, you'll be accepted."

"But-"

"Bommie."

Dara grab my hand and cheered me up.

"I know you were rejected at YG three times but it doesn't mean that you're not accepted in this too. What happened to the Bom who never gives up?"

There was a moment of silence. I bit my lower lip and though about it.

"Ok, I'll try." 

"Jinja? Yaaaaay! I'm sure that you'll get accepted."

"Arraseo~ I think I need to go home now so that I can finish my english homework."

"Ok, let's go!"

---oOo---

 

Everytime I walk on our University's campus, I always stopped by and take a look at the poster about the audtion for the Glee Club. Tomorrow's the audition and I haven't made me mind yet. Aigoo! Dara will be dissapointed to me if I'm not gonna show up.

I always dreamed of becoming a singer but I don't know if destiny will allow me. When I was a kid, I tried joining a singing contest and I ended up emabarrasing myself. My dress was stepped by one of the contestants and I tripped. I rushingly went backstage and cried so hard. I also tried to audition at a Glee club way back in High school, I was accpedted but it didn't last because our School Principal banned our club. The next year, I started auditioning for talent agencies. I tried YG but they rejected me three times. 

Sigh..

Why is this happening to me? Am I not destined to be a singer?

I just can't give up. I just can't.

"Hey." a familiar voice was approacing me. And so, I turned around.

"Oh, Youngbae-goon. Anneyeong hasseyo~" I bowed at him.

"Hey, no need for honorifics. Just call me Youngbae."

"Then let me try again. Anneyeong haseyo Youngbae." I gave hima warm him smile and bowed at him again.

"So..I can see you're looking at that poster. Do you wanna join us?" He smiled back and pointed at the poster were I was looking at, the Glee Club audition posters.

"Oh.. The truth is I'm not sure if I'll be joining or not."

"Why not? As long as you have the voice, the moves or the talent to act. You can. There's no harm in trying. Didn't you know your bestfriend only joined Glee club because of acting. She never sings nor dances but she just learned. In glee club, it's not about how many talents you have or how many instruments you play, it's about discovering and developing it."

A little curve on my lips formed. I smiled at Youngbae's words of wisdom. Maybe he's right, maybe there's no harm if I give it a try. 

 

*BELL RINGING*

 

"Oh, it's almost eight. I still have math class. Just be there tomorrow ok? 3pm, University Theatre."

"Arraseo." I gave him a warm smile again and nodded my head.

"See you tomorrow, bye!"

"Bye!"

---oOo---

 

It was a hot afternoon and I didn't expect that the students who are auditioning could this be many. Every minute I try to check my phone if Dara sends a text or a call but there were no sign at all. Maybe her battery is dead or something?

"Bommie!"

Wait isn't that Dara's voice?

I look to my right to see who it was. Oh, it's really Dara.

"Bommie, sorry if I haven't texted or called you, I left my phone at our house."

"Aniyo, it's ok."

"Thank God you finally came! I'm pretty sure that sajang-nim will accept you."

"Ah Dara, by the way, why is Jiyong sitting over there beside sajang-nim? Is he gonna be the judge too?"

"Ne~ You see that girl over there? That's Lee Chae Rin. She's one of the Glee club too. She's like the female version of Jiyong. That's why they hel sajang-nim in judging during audtions."

I nodded. I wonder what it feels to be one of them too.

 

Jiyong's POV

"Aigoo~ My back hurts."

"Chaerin-ah, did you sleep last night?" I asked her while she was doing stretches.

"No. I haven't got any. I was busy helping my parents in their business, oppa."

"Poor you." I played andruffled her blonde hair.

"Yah~!" she grab my hand away from her haid. "At least my parents supports my dreams." 

The expression in face changed. I turned away and looked at the auditionees's forms.

"Omo~ Oppa, I was just joking. Don't take it too serious." 

"You're very lucky you have parents who are very supportive." I tapped the pencil I was holding while not looking to Chaerin.

She sighed, "Oppa, didn't I told you a hundred times? No matter what, they are still your parents. If I were you, just focus on what you have right now and follow your heart. Arraseo?"

I smile a bit and looked at Chaerin.

"Thank you Chae-rin ah."

"Anything for you oppa." 

Our attention went back to the audtionees.

As I turned the next form, I saw a familiar photo. A girl with a long hazel brown hair with beautiful eyes. Park Bom was her name. A junior from Psychology. But isn't she the girl with Dara-noona last time? I'm pretty sure she was that girl. She's the first girl ever here in ChunAng who got my head turned.

"Excuse me sajang-nim, have you called the next auditionee yet?"

"I still haven't Jiyong. Why?" he raised his left eyebrow.

"Can you call her now? I get the feeling that she has the talent." I pointed on Park Bom's application and gave it Sajang-nim.

"Ok." He grabs his mic and starts to announce.

"Please come up the stage, you are next, PARK BOM."

 

Bom's POV

"OMO." My heart beats faster and faster when they called my name. I'm really next.

"Don't worry Bom, you can do this! You've already done this many times and I sure this time, you'll succeed!" Dara cheered me up.

I halted before getting up the stage, I turned my back to Dara and saw her doing the 'fighting' sign at me. That made me boosted my confidence. I sighed before taking the stairs. I headed towrds the mic and faced sajang-nim, and bowed at the judges.
 

"Ok Park Bom-yang, what are you going to do?"

"I-I'm going to sing Hero by Mariah Carey." I got tensed, I was gripping my hand so tight.

"Mariah Carey.. Ok. Go." then his attention was at me.

My eyes turned to Jiyong. We looked at each for 3 seconds and my heart even beats much faster. As the music started to play, I turned my attetion to the audience and started to sing the first line of thre song.

 

There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
 
Jiyong's POV
 
"She's pretty." said Chaerin.
 
"Yeah.. Absolutely." I smiled while my eyes are still lock to Bom's beautiful face an angelic voice.
 
 
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away
 
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
 
It's a long road
And you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt
Will disappear
 
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
 
Oh ho, Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away, hey yea
Hold on there will be tomorrow in time
You find the way, hey
 
Then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
That a hero lies in you
Umm, that a hero lies in you.
 
Bom's POV.
 
I some audience did the standing ovation. Especially my bestfriend Dara. The Bigbang too. I felt happy. Seeing people appreciated my singing. But the final decision still goes to sajang-nim. I turned my attention to them and I noticed they were whispering somthing and it's pretty obvious that they were talking about me. 
 
"Park Bom-yang?" 
 
"Uh, n-ne? Sajang-nim?" I gulped.
 
"Congratulations, you're in." then he placed his mic down and seperated my form to the other accepted students.
 
My eyes widened. I feel never feel this happy before. I feel like I'm going to jump out of the stage and Gangnam Style on my way home. I can even see Dara jumping out of joy.
 
"Welcome to the Glee club Park Bom-shhi." Chaerin greeted me from their judging table using her mic. 
"Thank you very much. Thank you!" I bowed at them and went downstairs. I ran towards Dara and she gave me a long hug. 
 
I never felt this happy in my whole 21 years of life.
 
 
---oOo---

 

[A/N] What's the reason that Jiyong thinks he isn't luck of his life?

What will Park Bom do next after she got accepted at Glee club?

Watch our for chapter 3. ;)

♥ Hey addicteds! Sorry for the long wait. It was our Finals, so pray for me to get a high grade okay?

BTW, this week will be our last week in school. The good news is, I'm updating this fic every week! YAAAAAAAAAAY. :D