Jiyong's past

Melodies of You

Bom's POV

After a long day, we had finally reached our House and let out a big sigh. I grab the cake at the back and released my seatbelt.

"I'll slice the cake into half, let's go inside."

"No, it's ok Bom. You can have the cake."

"Jinja? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Goeun-unnie didn't eat with us tonight, so you sisters can have it."

"Arraseo~ Thank you Dara."

"You're welcome Bom."

I reached for the handle and pulled it. The door opened and I stepped out of the car.

"Bye Dalong!" I waved at her.

"Bye!" She waves back, started the car and drove away. I tunred around and opened the gates. As I went inside our house, I took off my shoes and saw my sister sitting in the couch watching some korean drama. She noticed that I was finnaly home and turned to my direction.

"Finally you're here."

I sitted beside her and leaned back to the couch.

"Have you already eaten your dinner?"

"Ne~"

"What's that?" She points at the box I was holding.

"Ahhh~ It's a cake! This was given to me by the cafe owner. Want some?"

She nodded. I went to the kitchen while still holding the box of cake Mrs. Song gave to me earlier. I searched for a knife in the kitchen and started untying the blue ribbon around the box. My eyes sparkled as I saw a blue and white cake with with cute flower designs on it. I began slicing the cake into two and place it in a plate. I kept the cake inside the fridge, grab our plate and went back to the living room.

When unnie saw it, her eyes widened and her attention was on the cake. "Woah, that looks delicious!"

I handed her the other piece of cake and we started eating it.

"So, how's the audition? Did you passed?" 

Since we were both eating, I didn't answered verbally but instead, I just nodded and smiled.

"You passed?!" she dropped her fork onto the plate and bolted up since she was leaning her back to the couch.

Again, I just smiled and noded my head.

"Omo! I'm so happy for you."

"Komawo~" I look at my sister and I did saw her face. She was truly happy for me. I enhaled and smiled again as we both finished the piece of cake.

 

Jiyong's POV

I woke up and realized it was another day for school and it was our first meeting with the newbies. After I took a bath, I slip on my khaky jeans, paired with plain white shirt on top and a branded pair of sneakers. Since I don't want to look plain, I grab my pink scarf and rolled it around my neck. In Bigbang, I was known as the 'trend-setter' and the fashionista of the group. I grew up in a Family who was devoted to fashion, it's in our bloodline.

My father owns a Clothing Line at New York that sells mixed asian and western fashion. Many years of his hardwork and determination, his company is now one of the top selling brands in the world. But honestly, I really thought I have the most perfect life together with my family unitl my dreams became a hindrance to my dad's goals for me and his company..

I faced the mirror and checked myself out, but something strucked my thoughts and remembered something.

It was the day after my Highschool graduation in New York...

 

*flashback*

 

"So you're rejecting my offer?!"

"Appa, I understand your dreams for me. that you made me as the successor of your company. But being a musician is all I've ever dreamed of. Mianhe, appa.."

My dad turned his back and sigthed the view outside the window  inserting his hands on his pocket.

"Appa I-"

"ENOUGH!"  I took a step back as I my dad faced me with anger and disspaointments in his eyes.

"Appa, please calm down." My sister places her hands to dad's shoulders and calmed him down.

"Appa-"

"I said enough, Jiyong!"  My words were cut off my dad again. I looked down on the floor and thought of all the burdens I gave to my family.

"You really want to become singer? Fine. I'll let you."

I slowly lifted my head and looked at my father's eyes. Anger and dissapointment are what his eyes have told me.

"I will let you go on with your dreams and do whatever you want. But from now on, you're not my son anymore."

My body frozed.

"Appa! You can't do that to Jiyong!" My sister faced my dad and begged him. But my dad refused. He kept on talking about me and I didn't even protested but to be in silent and feel guilty about it.

"Im sending you back to Korea, I'll call my secretary to find a place for you to stay- No, our old house at Seoul, you can stay there. After that, don't you every try coming back here in this family again."

I was trying to hold back my tears, but I failed. I didn't do anything but to feel guily of myself. I looked down again and tried to hide my tears.

"Now, leave this house immidiately." 

Still looking down at the floor, I bit my lower lip but still didn't walk out.

"I SAID LEAVE!!!!"  he raises his voice and widened his eyes.

I turned around and started to walk out of his room. I went to my bedroom and packed my things up. My sister begged me not to leave but I refused. She hugged me and I hugged her back. We were both crying in her warm embrace. After I was done packing my things, I didn't want to bother my dad so I left the house without bothering him. As me and my sister arrives at the airport, she handed me my ticket and holds my hand.

"Jiyong, I'll miss you."

"Noona, mianhe.."

She forced a smile but I can see that she is holding her tears back. She stoke her hands on my arms and said, "Just take care of yourself. If you need something, just call me ok?"

"Arraseo~ I'll be fine noona. Please take good care of appa too." I also forced a smile.

"Ne~" she sighed and nodded her head. She hugged me for the last time and I treasured her sisterly embrace. We broke it as the speaker announced that the flight to New York-Incheon will be now taking off. We bid our goodbyes and I turned around and started to walk while holding my luggage.

Appa, Noona.. Mianhe.

 

*end of flashback*

 

I squint my eyes and let out a small sigh. It's been two years since I left New York, but I guest I just need to focus what's happening right now.. I grab my bag and drove off to school.

 

---oOo---

 

[A/N]: Hey awesome readers! I know this is only a short update, I just want this chapter to only focus on Jiyong's past with his family (the title says it all doens't it? lol) I just added a few scenes of Bom for a continuation to the previous chapter. 

Well I hope you guys like it. And oh, the next chapter will be more exciting! :)