Changes

To See You Again

 

Chapter 7

Weeks passed and Yunho’s condition got worse. He just locked himself inside his bed room and drowned himself with alcohol. Friends would occasionally visit him but they always find themselves leaving with heavy hearts because they can’t bear to see the depressed and lifeless Yunho.

Few days after Yuri’s funeral which Yunho didn’t attend, news broke out that he was suffering from depression. However, his parents cleared the rumours and told the media that he was trying to get back on his feet in the best way that he can and while he was doing that, his sister Jessica would take over his position for a while. On the other hand, their youngest sister Krystal constantly paid him a visit and cleaned his condo where he moved in. He didn’t want to leave their old home but his parents insisted, telling him that it would be best to start anew by leaving old memories behind.

However, moving in to a new place didn’t help him at all because there was never a second that Yuri left his mind. Sometimes, he would find himself smiling at the thought of their old happy memories but later on, he would start to cry and feel his pain once again. It has been like this for him everyday. It was like a cycle he couldn’t pull himself away from. He was already tired but the pain won’t stop from strangling his heart. In every minute that passed, living became harder and harder for him to bear. He just wanted everything to end.

He was about to take another gulp from his glass when he heard a knock on his door. He was so sure that it was Krystal so he didn’t bother to open it anymore. However, the knocks grew louder as if the door was about to burst into pieces. He immediately got up and checked who was trying to break the door his room and there he saw Changmin with a rather grim expression.

“Gross.” He said flatly as he wrinkled his nose. “It’s 8 am and you already smell of alcohol. Do you even eat?”

Yunho rolled his eyes. “That’s none of your business. What are you doing here?”

Changmin looked at him straight to the eyes. “I’m here to ask you if you have plans of living your life.”

Yunho chuckled sarcastically. “Life? There’s no more life in here Changmin. My life has long been over since Yuri died.”

Changmin’s fist curled into a ball but he calmed himself by remembering that Yunho was still his hyung and that he should understand his emotional outbursts. He just tapped his shoulders and went out of his condo, leaving Yunho dumbfounded. Changmin doesn’t usually keep his feelings bottled up especially when he talks to Yunho. He was his hyung, his confidante. Whatever he thinks is wrong, he would tell him with all honesty. But what happened left Yunho wondering what has gotten into Changmin’s head when he left without even nagging about how dirty his house was or how awful he looked. It wasn’t the Changmin he used to know.

Or maybe, he wasn’t the Yunho his dongsaeng used to know. 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This isn't a meaty update but I promise to give you a better update tomorrow. Please don't be sad that this happened to YunRi. Let's all be patient, okay? Fighting!

 

Thank you, readers and subscribers!