Surprise

To See You Again

 

Chapter 2

Yunho’s POV:

I was busy rummaging through some important documents when my phone rang. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the name of the caller.

“Hey, love.” I said.

“Hey, Mr. Jung. What time are you going home later?” she asked.

I checked my schedule and saw that I will be free at about 7pm. “I’ll be there at around 8pm. Why?”

“Nothing. I just thought that maybe I can cook something special for tonight’s dinner.” She said.

Her statement left me curious. I tried to remember if there was any special occasion but I realized that there was none. Yuri doesn’t usually do this. What is she actually up to?

“Is there any occasion?” I asked.

“Stop asking questions. Just come home early. Okay?” she commanded.

I chuckled. “Got it Mrs. Jung. I’ll be expecting a lot tonight. If you know what I mean.”

“Whatever. See you, love. I love you.” She said cheerfully and ended the call.

***

When Yunho got home, he saw Yuri arranging dishes on the dinner table. He instantly hugged her from the back and kissed her cheek.

“Good evening, love” he said.

Yuri smiled at him and pinched his nose. “You’re just in time Yunnie. Take a seat and let’s eat.”
 

Yunho did as his wife said. His mouth watered at the sight of the food. He felt as though he could eat all night. However, he still couldn’t stop himself from wondering what is really behind the special dinner.

“Yul, what’s happening? Are you breaking up with me? Are you filing a divorce?” Yunho asked frantically.

Yuri almost choked upon hearing him. She laughed and pinched his cheek. “You’re such a child Yunnie.”

“Yah! That’s the second time you pinched me. I feel like a battered husband already.” He said and pouted.

Yuri stood up, slipped her arms on his waist and rested her chin on his shoulders. Yunho stayed where he was seated, savouring the moment. In moments like this, he could feel the perfection Yuri brought in his life. Every moment he’s with her, it’s like the world stops from turning. Everything becomes more colourful and meaningful.

“I love you Yunnie.” She whispered.

“I love you more, Yul. More than anything else in this world. More than myself.”

Yuri pulled herself apart from him and went back to her seat. She eyed her intently and smiled. “Here.” She said and handed a small envelop.

Yunho’s heart suddenly started to beat like a drum. Is she actually filing a divorce? No way. He can’t bring himself to imagine. His hands were shaking as he opened the envelope. His mind went blank as soon as he saw what was printed on the paper. It was an ultrasound image. He couldn’t believe it. His wife is pregnant!

“Yul…” her name was the only thing he was able to utter.

Yuri smiled, as of expecting the reaction of Yunho. “I got the result this morning. Sorry that I didn’t tell you immediately. I just wanted to make it a surprise.”

“Oh my goodness…”

“Is there a problem? Aren’t you happy about it Yunnie?” Yuri asked as her voice emanated worry.

With a big smile on his face, Yunho suddenly got up from his seat and carried Yuri around. “I’m now a dad! I’m now a dad!” he shouted.

Yuri tried to stop him from what he was doing. “Yah! Stop it! I’m going dizzy!” she said in between laughter.

“I’m so happy Yul. Very happy.” Yunho murmured and hugged her tight. “But wait, maybe we should buy baby things tomorrow. What do you think? I should call Mom and Dad to ask for some advice. Wait, we should also start thinking baby names. What about Jaemin? Moonbin? But Miyoung is also a good name. Gosh, I can stay up all night thinking about baby names. What do you think? What do you think Yul?”

“Jung Yunho! Stop!” she shouted while trying to prevent herself from laughing at his cuteness. “Stop fretting. I’m only 2 weeks pregnant. Baby names and baby stuff are too far ahead.”

Yunho scratched her head. “But Yul, we’re going to be parents for the first time. We better have ourselves prepared for it.”

Yuri rested her head on his chest. “I know Yunnie. I know. But it’s too early for that. Let’s just enjoy the moment for now. Please?”

He nodded and kissed her forehead. “Thank you, Yul.”

“For what?”

“For our baby. For making me the happiest man alive. I love you.”

Yuri traced Yunho’s jaw. “I love you too, Yunnie.” She said and hugged him again.

“But Miyoung is really a good name.” Yunho blurted.

That earned him a punch in the arm from Yuri. With that, their night ended perfectly as they hoped for another beautiful day to start.

 

-----------------------------------

Hi readers! Chapter teo is up. I forgot to apologize for Chapter 1's poorly written part. It's my first time. Anyhow, thank you for reading. Send me you comments and reactions. Subscribe too, if you please. Thank you! :)