Not Too Close

To See You Again

 

 

After a long day of work, Yunho found himself craving for some alone time in their garden. However, it wasn’t too long before his peace was disrupted by the bickering Junsu and Changmin with Yoochun and Jaejoong trailing behind them.

“You had my refrigerator broken, bastard!” Changmin shouted.

“I didn’t!” Junsu shouted back.

Yunho glared at them and with that, they stopped. “You are in my house. Remember that. And Changmin, Junsu is still your hyung so stop calling him bastard.”

Changmin stomped his feet in protest while Junsu stuck his tongue out.

“Aish! These kids…” Jaejoong said and sat beside Yunho. “How are you?”

Yunho sighed and stared at the ground lifelessly. “I feel really guilty about what I did to Jinri yesterday.”

Junsu’s eyes widened in shock. “Did you…Oh my goodness! Hyung! How could you do that?!”

Yoochun rolled his eyes. “You’re such a ert!”

“It’s not like that, Su. It seems like I offended her with what I said yesterday.” Yunho said calmly but with worry still evident on his face.

“Yeah right. You and your usual snide remarks towards her. I don’t understand why you hate her, hyung. She seems like a nice girl.” Changmin said.

“I don’t hate her.”

“Then what?”

Yunho sighed again. “I hate the fact that she looks like Yuri. I hate that whenever I see her I can’t help but remember my pain. I know I’m being unfair but I can’t help it.”

Jaejoong tapped his shoulder. “Maybe you should try to see her beyond her connection with Yuri.”

“How will I do that?”

Changmin cleared his throat. “Get to know her better.”

“But not too close hyung. Not too close.” Yoochun warned.

Yunho frowned. “What do you mean not too close?”

“You might fall in love with her for the wrong reasons. As simple as that.” Junsu remarked.

“That’s crazy…and impossible.”

“Nothing is impossible in this world, Yunnie. Remember that.” Jaejoong said.

With that, Yunho spent the night thinking about all the possibilities—even the possibility that somewhere far away, Yuri is alive and looking for ways to come back to him.

****

Minho settled himself in the kitchen as he watched his sister prepare food for them. Yuri and her baby were asleep in their room.

“Until when do you plan to keep them here?” Luna asked.

Minho sighed. “Until she regains her memory.”

Luna looked at him intently. “Are you sure about that? She might have a husband looking for her considering that she has a baby.”

Minho thought about the possibility for a moment but just like the other times it crossed its mind, he dismissed it. “Well, for one thing she just woke up from coma and another is that she has amnesia. So, to find where she came from is just next to impossible. For now, let’s just wait and see what happens next.”

Luna placed the tray of cookies inside the oven and faced him again. “I hope you know what you’re getting yourself into. She seems like a nice girl but we know nothing of her past. I’m just worried about you, Oppa.”

Minho patted her head. “Don’t worry too much. Everything will be fine.”

“Minho-sshii.” Yuri said as she approached the two in the kitchen.

Luna smiled kindly at her and she smiled back. Minho motioned her to sit beside him as his sister continued cooking.

“Do you need anything…ugh...uhmm...Miss? Sorry. I don’t know your name so I don’t know what to call you.” He said while scratching his head.

Yuri chuckled but sadness was evident in her eyes. “Well, I also don’t know my name.”

“What if we name you with something temporary?” Luna suggested.

Yuri nodded. “I don’t know what name I should use.”

“What about MinYoung?” Minho said.

“That sounds quite good. What do you think?” Luna asked Yuri.

Yuri gave them two thumbs up and with that, the kitchen was filled with laughter. Later on, they started munching on the food that Luna prepared. Minho saw how much Yuri’s condition improved ever since she woke up. It was unbelievable how she managed to take motherhood that well. It was as though she was really made to be a mother.

“What’s the name of your baby?” Luna asked.

Yuri’s expression grew bright with the question. “I named him Yunho.” She said happily.

“About that. Why did you name him with such?” Minho asked.

Yuri was quiet for a while and just when they thought she didn’t have the interest to talk about it, she spoke.

“The name feels familiar. It’s like whenever I hear or say it, something warm radiates inside me. It’s like a part of me is being awaken. I don’t know whose name it is or if someone in my past exists with such a name. All I know is that the name is special. Very special.”

------------------------

 

Hello readers!

Another update. So what do you think of MinYul? Our YunRi will see each other soon. So, don't worry. Okay?