I Miss You

To See You Again

“Yah! Jung Yunho!” she shouted.

Yunho turned around and suddenly, he found himself smiling at the sight of her. He took a few steps forward and enveloped her in a tight warm hug. He kissed her hair that smelled of strawberry. After four years, his heart still thumps loudly every time she comes near him.

“The weather is good. I feel like going somewhere nice today.” He said as they walked towards the garden.

“That’s a good idea. It’s time that you take a break from all the office work. You’re starting to have wrinkles.” She remarked.

Yunho chuckled. “Am I not handsome enough for you anymore, Miss?”

She wrapped her arms around her neck and gave him a peck on the lips. “You are my forever handsome, Jung Yunho.”

Yunho kissed her forehead and spun her around playfully. When they stopped, he looked at her with so much love and sincerity.

“I love you, Kwon Jinri. Today, tomorrow, forever.”

***

It has been four years since that day they finally called it official. Yunho couldn’t believe that everything was finally settled. Everybody accepted them. Some were outraged at first but they eventually had a change of heart. His parents were the most understanding while Jinri’s parents had some hesitations at first. But he understood that and made all the effort in the world to prove he’s not going to hurt her, never in his entire lifetime.

He could still remember clearly the day he went to London to clear his mind. The days he spent there were excruciating as he reaalized he couldn’t stand a day without Jinri. So, after a week, he went back to Korea and settled things with her. She was very keen on shooing him away but he was persistent. He did everything possible to make her believe that he was sincere. Soon, they kissed and made up and announced to the whole of Korea that he and Kwon Jinri are finally together.

At present, they’re still happy with each other. Just recently, Jinri moved to live with him. It was the best thing that ever happened to him because he finally gets to wake up and sleep next to her every day and every night. It brought him so much comfort to feel her presence around him, knowing that when he needed someone to talk to, she’d be there to listen.

Yuri…he still thinks about her, every day. He couldn’t say that there was no more pain but he knew in his heart that he has finally moved on. He knew that Yuri is watching her above, smiling at the thought that he was finally able to love again.

“Is everything prepared for tomorrow’s big event?” Changmin asked, interrupting his train of thoughts.

He nodded. “The ring was delivered yesterday.”

“Hyung, I’m really happy for you.” Junsu said as he squeezed Yunho’s shoulder.

“Thank you, Su. I hope she says yes.” He said and sipped from his cup of coffee.

But before he proceeded with his plans, Yunho thought that he needed to go to the place he has been avoiding all these years.

I just need to say goodbye. He thought.

***

“Korea looks nice, Umma.” Yunho said as he sat on the sofa beside Yuri.

Yuri ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek. “I’m glad you like it here, darling.”

“Are we going to stay here now?” he asked.

Yuri nodded. “Yes. And soon, you’ll meet grandpa and grandma.”

Yunho clapped in excitement but turned curiously to Yuri again. “How about my appa? Will I see him too?”

Suddenly, Yuri’s eyes spoke of sadness. She wasn’t sure what to tell her son. Since he was three years old, he kept on asking about his father and she didn’t know what to answer then because she had no idea. But now that he’s five years old, there was no way she could lie especially that her memory finally came back two years ago.

It was the darkest time of her life. Just when she thought losing her memory was the worst, she was proven wrong. When it all came back to her, she felt the world turning upside down. Everybody believed she was dead. Everybody already moved on with their lives. But the least he expected to forget about her is her man, her Jung Yunho.

He was in every magazine, every news, and every interview. The business man of the decade. The good son of the Jung family. And the loving boyfriend of her twin sister who she never knew until she saw her on the newspaper, walking hand in hand with Yunho.

It pained her so much. Every day, her heart kept on shattering into pieces. She wanted to hate them for forgetting about her, for not finding her. She wanted to hate the world for being cruel to her.  She cried rivers of tears and stayed awake until dawn thinking about what could have happened had she been spared from the accident years ago.

However, one day, she stopped destroying herself as she saw her child desperately depending his life on her. With that, she knew she wasn’t alone. She has her Yunho—the only memory left of the man who used to love her with all his life.

“We’ll see about that, honey.” She said and caressed his puffy cheeks.

“But…”

“Hey, buddy.” Minho interrupted and winked at Yuri.

“Uncle!” Yunho shouted and ran to his arms.

Minho ruffled his hair and pinched his cheek. “I got something for my little boy.” He said and handed him boxes of toys.

Yunho’s face lightened in delight as he opened the boxes one by one. Minho sat beside Yuri as they watched his every move.

“Yul, when do you plan to actually introduce him to his father?” he asked with concern.

Yuri shifted uncomfortably from her seat as she massaged her temples. “I don’t know. I feel so indecisive. Few days ago, I wanted to go back here but now that we’re here, I feel like running away.”

Minho gently squeezed her hand. “Tell me, what are you afraid of? He has all the rights to the child. He’s also his parent.”

Yuri thought about Minho’s question. Really, what is she afraid of?

“I’m afraid that my son would just get hurt knowing that the three of us would never be a family. I’m afraid…” she wasn’t able to finish her words as tears fell down her cheeks.

Minho didn’t wipe them and just let her take out all the emotions she has been keeping to herself—the pain, the frustration, the anger, the confusion.

“You’re afraid that you’ll get more hurt when you see him knowing that he is now with someone else. You’re afraid that when you see him…you’ll fall for him all over again, even harder this time around.”

Minho said the words she couldn’t utter, words that she kept tightly sealed inside her heart. Truly, she was afraid…because Jung Yunho is no longer hers.

***

“Umma?” Yunho whispered quietly as she rocked him to sleep.

“Yes, honey?”

Her son took a deep breath before he finally spoke. “I really want to see my appa.” He said with such sad eyes—eyes that reminded her of her husband’s.

She hugged him tight as she fought tears from flowing. “Yes, honey. You’ll see him soon. Soon.”

“Thank you, Umma. Saranghae.” He said as he finally dozed off to sleep.

Yuri sighed as she finally let tears escape her eyes.

Jung Yunho, I miss you. I really really do. 

 

 

-------

 

Hi folks! Sorry for not updating for soooooooo long. I have been very busy in school. Anyways, how do you guys like the chapter? 

 

Spoiler Alert: Our Yunri will finally meet in the next chapter. So, stay tuned!

 

Well, I'd like your advice about something. Last night, I thought of another fanfic concept. But this time, it's about ChangToria. Should I push through with it? What do you think? 

 

Anyways, thank you for always coming by. Have a nice day!