Gone Forever

To See You Again

 

“Good morning, Sir.” Greeted Jiyeon.

Yunho smiled and nodded at his secretary. He went straight to his office and there he saw Changmin raiding his mini-kitchen.

“Yah!” he shouted.

The maknae dropped the piece of croissant he was munching. His face was now evident of annoyance. “I hate you, hyung. How could you do this to my delicious croissant.” He said grudgingly.

Yunho’s eyes narrowed. “Your croissant? In case you forget, this is my office and that is my kitchen you’re invading.”

“Whatever.” Changmin said and sat on the chair across Yunho’s office table. “By the way, we have a late night meeting later.”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” he complained.

“They just told me a while ago. Don’t worry; you’re not alone in your frustration. I also had to cancel the food trip I planned with Sooyoung.” Changmin said.

“Aish! I should inform Yuri right away. She might wait for me for dinner.” He said and sent a message to his wife.

Changmin tiptoed back to the kitchen, ignoring Yunho’s glare. This time, he grabbed a big bar of chocolate. “Your mini kitchen is heaven on earth, hyung.”

Yunho closed his eyes as he tried to stop himself from laughing. No matter how annoying Changmin was, he couldn’t get angry at him. “Why do you always eat all my food? You have a truck load of it at home and millions of money to buy whatever you want.”

“Are you joking hyung? There’s only a truck load of vegetables and fruits in our house. My parents are such health freaks. I miss eating burger and pizza and chicken. I miss heaven.”

Yunho just shook his head and started to study the stack of documents on his table. “It’s almost 9am Min. Finish that and start working.” He commanded.

Changmin ignored him and got his second bar of chocolate. “When is Yuri giving birth?” he asked. The maknae surely knew how to lighten up the mood of his hyung.

“Anytime in two weeks. She’ll deliver normally.” He said cheerfully.

“That’s nice. I’m really excited for the both of you, hyung.” Changmin said.

“Well, thank you. Now, finish that and work.”

 “Aish!” Changmin exclaimed and walked out of Yunho’s office.

***

Yuri’s eyes fluttered as the rays of the sun sipped through the window panes. Her hands automatically searched for Yunho, only to realize that he was not there. She gawked at the wall clock and realized that it’s past three in the afternoon. It finally dawned on her that she basically slept the whole day and that her husband was still at work. She stood up, grabbed her phone and went to the veranda. She closed her eyes and filled her lungs with the afternoon scent of their abode. She then remembered her phone that was left unattended for hours.

“Love, I’m sorry but I can’t get home early. We have a late night meeting. I’m really sorry.”

Yuri sighed as soon as she was done reading the message. She felt unbelievably uncomfortable over the fact that he will not be spending the night with her. It was as if a part of her heart ached a little. She wanted to laugh at herself for being too emotional over such trivial matters. It must be the pregnancy, she thought.

“Hi, Mr. Jung. I just woke up. It’s okay. You do your best, okay? Fighting!! Little Jung and I love you!”

She pressed the button and her lips curled into a smile. She almost let out a laugh just by the thought of Yunho’s reaction on her message. He was the kind of guy who can get giddy over an “I love you” message from her. He was unique and that’s one of the reasons why she loves him.

Her eyes wandered again through the blinding sky. She could feel her cheeks getting hot from the heat of the sun but she didn’t mind. She wanted to stay there and just savour the moment. However, she felt something odd. She thought it was just her baby kicking but her senses recognized a different kind of pain radiating all throughout her tummy. She did her best to reach the door of her room but with every step she took, her breath got heavier and heavier until she was covered in cold sweat. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she called for their maid and driver. They immediately went to her aide and brought her to the car.

She held the maid’s hand tightly. “Please…call…Yunho…” she said under her breath while trying to placate the pain she was feeling.

Without thinking twice, she ordered the driver to make their pace faster. Her mind was slowly drifting away from reality. The pain she was feeling was beyond imagination. It was like she was being ripped inside. She wished that Yunho was by her side because his presence would have somehow soothed her.

“We’re almost there, Ma’am. Please hold on.” The driver said with a worried and tensed expression. The wales of Yuri were affecting his focus. It was as if he could actually feel her pain.

Traffic was heavy as usual so the driver went to an alternative route. Then, in a matter of seconds, the car’s speed was faster than ever. As they got nearer and nearer, Yuri’s cry of pain also got more alarming. This made the driver frantic that he didn’t notice what was ahead of them.

Yuri gasped when she saw another car heading their way. Soon enough, she felt her surroundings going in circles. She closed her eyes, held on to her tummy and prayed. A few more turns and the car stopped rolling around. She had wounds and bruises everywhere but she didn’t care. All she wanted to do was save her baby. She struggled to move but there was no way out. Tears started to blur her vision as she felt hopeless about her situation. I couldn’t give up, she thought and tried a little more, but she couldn’t do it anymore. She felt all her energy being out of her. With her face already void of emotions, she just lay there as blood blended with her tears.

“Yunho…” she whispered and just like that, everything stopped.

***

Yunho felt his heart skip a beat. He clutched his chest and wondered where the strange feeling is coming from. He felt more uncomfortable as seconds passed by. He looked for his cell phone in his pocket to call Yuri only to realize that he left it on his office table.

“Guys, I left my phone in my office. I got to get it back.” Yunho told his four friends who were just about to finish their late lunch meals.

“We’ll go with you, hyung. We’re almost done here.” Yoochun said.

As soon as they reached the company building, Yunho ran to his office as fast as he could. He didn’t even notice Jiyeon calling his name. When he finally got hold of his phone, he saw 20 missed calls from their landline.

Without a knock, Jiyeon entered her office with such a worried expression. “Sir, your maid has called. Mrs. Jung is about to give birth. They brought her to the hospital.”

Yunho’s eyes widened. His reflexes were fast as he sprinted like lightning to the parking lot. He couldn’t think straight because all he had in mind was Yuri’s condition. He kept muttering prayers under his breath.

“Yah! Hyung, where are you going?” Changmin asked when they saw him running.

“Yuri is about to give birth.” He shouted as he got to his car.

The other four followed him to the hospital. He knew there was a heavy traffic jam on the major road so he went to an alternative route. Much to his dismay, the road was also bombarded with traffic. Not too far from where he was, he saw that an accident caused the jam. It was obvious that the incident just happened a while ago because car that almost turned into ashes was still emitting smoke with some parts still flaring.

Soon, he got his way out of the traffic and zoomed to the hospital. When he got there, he saw Yuri’s Mom and his mother at the lobby. As he got nearer to them, he realized they were crying. Even his father was weeping. When they saw him, Yuri’s mother rushed to him and hugged him tightly.

“Where’s Yuri?” he asked, without any idea of what was happening.

“Son…”his mother whispered.

He couldn’t understand what was happening. Their tears were obviously not tears of joy. Did something happen to Yuri? Where the hell is she, he thought.

“Again, where’s Yuri? Is she in the delivery room? What are you doing here? Let’s go there.” he said and walked towards the delivery room.

However, his father stopped him. Yunho looked at him curiously. “Dad, what’s happening?” he asked.

Tears formed in his father’s eyes. “She’s gone, son. Yuri’s gone…”

When his father’s words reached Yunho’s compression, he felt as though the world suddenly stopped turning around.

“No, that cannot be! Please, Dad. Tell me you’re just joking. Dad, please.” he begged, not wanting to believe anything they said.

His dad hugged him. “She got in a car accident. They weren’t able to retrieve the body because the car got totally burned.” His father explained. ” I’m sorry, son. I’m sorry...”

Yunho sat on the bench as he knees started trembling. He stared blankly on the floor, wishing that it would open up and would swallow him away from all the pain he was feeling. There were no tears falling from his eyes. The grief inside him was too much to be justified by mere crying. He couldn’t accept that his Yuri is dead. Yesterday, they were as happy as they can be. And now, she was gone.

He stood up and faced his father. “You said that there were no retrieved bodies, what if she’s still alive?” he said, determined to prove that there was no way Yuri could leave him just like that.

“Son…”

 “No! You’re all just grieving and not doing anything. You’re crying over a person who’s not dead yet. Yuri’s not dead, do you understand? She’s not dead!” he shouted. “Yoochun-ah, you know someone at the Interpol, right? They might be of help to us. Come on, call them.” he told Yoochun.

“Hyung…please.” Yoochun muttered while trying to hold back his tears.

“Yoochun-ah, help me. Please. We need to find Yuri.” He pleaded like a lost child.

Jaejoong grabbed his shoulder gently. “Yunho, the car was burned. There’s no way anyone can survive that one.” He said honestly.

His words ringed in Yunho’s ears. He grabbed his collar that made Jaejoong almost choke to death. The other three pulled him away, knowing that if they didn’t do it, their friend might just turn into a criminal.

Yunho started to sob as he got down on his knees. “Why are you doing this to me? Why won’t you help me find Yuri? She’s not dead. My Yuri is not dead…”

Just like that, his once perfect life has turned into a nightmare. With its every beat, he could feel his heart shattering into pieces, his world turning into a living hell. The pain was too much for him to handle that he wished his heart would just stop beating. He wanted to shout; to blame anything and everything but there was no use to it because deep inside him, he knew that Yuri and their baby were gone forever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm so sorry for this one. I don't think I've done a good job on this.

 

Anyways, thank you for all your support! Keep reading and subscribing!