Promises

I wish [One-shot/Scenario Closed request]


Yangmi  on Mar 2, 2013 17:09:46 says: x
Name: Song Areum
Bias: Lee Byung Hun
 
 
 
"Areum?" Byunghun peeked inside the room.
 
His best friend looked up from her book and quickly closed it. She stood up and gave him her sweet smile, which he returned with a friendly kiss on the forehead.
 
"Hey, Byunghun." She greeted.
 
"What are you working at?" He pointed at the book.
 
She waved it away and pulled him out of her bedroom. He laughed at her flustered face and wrapped his arm around her neck.
 
"You little rascal. Trying to keep secrets from me, huh?" He said, messing up her hair.
 
"Stop it!!" She squeaked and laughed.
 
"What brings you here?" She took out two mugs from the cupboard and starts making hot cocoa while Byunghun took off his scarf and plopped down on the couch.
 
"I miss my best friend." he shrugged.
 
Areum sighed as her heart did a little flip flop when her hand came in contact with his. She sat down next to him and let Byunghyun lies his head on her lap after taking a gulp of her hot cocoa.
 
"How are you, Areum?" He asked with concern in his voice.
 
"Good." She shortly replied.
 
"Good? Are you going on a date this christmas?" His eyes lit up as he sat up.
 
Areum laughed and shook her head.
 
"No. Just same old christmas, Byunghun-ah. Besides, the guy I like doesn't return my feelings so I don't find the need to ask him out." She shrugged.
 
She saw him gawked before huffing in annoyance.
 
"He's an idiot, then. He should be honored! He should feel lucky because you like him!" He complained.
 
'Yeah, that idiot is you.' Areum thought as she pulled the mug to her lips.
 
"That's it." She looked up when Byunghun stood up.
 
"What?"
 
"I'll be your date next week." He grinned.
 
"Byunghun, I don't need to go out on a date, and certainly you shouldn't waste your time on me. You have Haneul" She shook her head in protest but Byunghun didn't budge.
 
He gave her a tight hug before he left.
 
"Don't forget. Next week." He winked and left the apartment.
 
*****
 
Areum sighed. She wrapped the coat tighter to fight the freezing wind. Her heels made a clicking noise as it came in contact with the cold pavement. Byunghun told her to wait at the small park near a coffee shop at 5 p.m but it has been two hours and he hasn't showed up. She pouted and twirled her curled hair. She wanted to look pretty for today, she reasoned. She even bought a new dress for this 'date'. 
 
She checked her phone. 7.30 P.M. Her fingers trembled as she tried to dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail and after the nth calls, she finally break down. She crouched down and starts to cry, ignoring people's stares. 
 
"You jerk." she whispered, dragging her freezing body back to her apartment.
 
*****
"Merry christmas!" Byunghun popped up in her apartment the next day.
 
"Hey, I finally asked haneul to be my girlfriend and she said yes! You'll love her." he told her his christmas date with his new girlfriend, Haneul.
 
"Get lost." Areum mumbled.
 
"What's wrong? Hey, why do you look so pale?" He asked and tried to approached her.
 
She stopped him and pushed him out. Her eyes b with fresh tears.
 
"Just, leave me alone, L.Joe." She used his nickname.
 
"areum..." He called her, knowing something's up when Areum called him by the name other people call him. 
 
She looked up and gave him a faint smile.
 
"Goodbye, L.Joe." she whispered and close the door.
 
*****
 
"L.Joe oppa!" Haneul yelled when Byunghun kept ignoring her.
 
He snapped out of his thought and looked at her.
 
"Sorry. I was just thinking." he apologized.
 
It has been a month since Areum stopped all contact with him. She doesn't even reply his new year texts. Yes, Texts. He sent hundreds of them, with apologies at the end of the text but not once did she reply. 
 
"Is it about that Areum girl?" haneul sighed.
 
"I don't know what I did wrong." He looked outside the window.
 
Haneul watched her new boyfriend get so lost in his thought.
 
"Am I not enough?" She asked.
 
"What?"
 
"Can't you just forget Areum? She doesn't want to be in your life anymore. So be it!' She huffed.
 
"You don't understand, Haneul. She's my best friend. We've been together since babies and I can't let her leave just like that!" Byunghun snapped.
 
She rolled her eyes and grabbed her stuff.
 
"YOU don't understand. If I didn't know you, I would've thought you're having a fight with your girlfriend."
 
"It's not like that--"
 
"Oh, It is, L.Joe. You never let me call you by your real name. You talked about her too much. Damn it. Who do you really love? me or your best friend? Cause it seems this relationship is not going anywhere as long she exists."
 
"Don't talk about her like that." Byunghyun growled.
 
"See?" She sighed and left him alone.
 
Byunghun let out an exasperated sigh as he slouched back on the chair. He watched the couple in front of him in jealousy. 
 
'i wish Areum was here...' he thought to himself.
 
"Hey, you okay?" a waiter approached him to refill his coffee.
 
Byunghun meekly nodded. 
 
"Where's your girlfriend?" He asked.
 
"She just left." Byunghun sighed.
 
"No. I mean the one you always come here with and share cheesecake with. Isn't she your girlfriend?" The waiter furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
 
"no. She's my best friend." There, he felt his heart skip a beat at the mention of her.
 
"Is that why you didn't come? You know, on christmas eve?" the waiter asked again.
 
His eyes widened and he cursed out loud when it finally hit him.
 
"sorry. Thanks, man." he stands up.
 
"Don't let her go. You guys look perfect together." He grinned at Byunghun before he left the cafe.
 
*****
"What do you want?" areum's eyes widened at the sight of him.
 
Byunghun hold up his hand as he panted.
 
"I'm an idiot. I'm a jerk and I know I deserve all the hate but can you give me another chance?"
 
Byunghun frowned when Areum coughed. She looks pale, very pale, he thought. 
 
"It's not a good time, Byunghun. I'm tired." She weakly said.
 
"Are you sick? Areum!" He quickly caught her before her body fell to the floor.
 
"You're burning up, idiot." He mumbled and rushed inside her apartment.
 
He put her on her bed and left to the kitchen to get a wet towel and some medicines.
 
"You're thinner." he mumbled, caressing her cheeks.
 
"I should've noticed sooner... I can't believe I forgot the date. I'm sorry. Haneul broke up with me today. I guess no one can be with me except you, huh?" he chuckled.
 
"I'm sorry I didn't realize my feelings sooner." He kissed her forehead.
 
"It's okay. You're here now." he jumped away when he heard her whisper.
 
Byunghun blushed when Areum smiled at him. How can he not noticed how pretty she is, he thought.
 
"I promise I'll make it up to you." he smiled back.
 
"Just... promise me you won't leave me?" She asked.
 
He bent down to kiss her lips.
 
"i promise if you promised me too."
 

2013/07/06 saturday