Chapter 11

Dream of Me

I really like this feeling. We should do this more often~

 

We can do this everyday if you want to. Just don’t gain weight because you’re quite heavy already haha!

 

What are you saying? That I’m fat? Let me off then and let me give you a ride instead.

 

No way. This is my job. I’m your bike chauffeur. I was just kidding..you’re so light that it feels like I’m riding this bike alone. Even though you turn into a fatty I would still give you a ride though~

 

Hmph, that’s what you say now. I’m going to start eating more so that I’ll gain lots of weight. Then we’ll see if you can still carry me haha!

 

Hold on tightly now there is a big bump on it’s way.

 

Kyungsoo-yah look out there is car coming!!! Ahhh!!

 

“Ahhhhh!!”

 

I woke up with a start and at first I didn’t know where I was. But then I saw my mom and eveything that had happen came back to me.

 

“What is it? Did you have a nightmare? How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m ok. How long have I’ve been sleeping?”

 

“You have been sleeping for 14 hours straight. My poor child, you don’t look well at all. I’ve made some juk. Let me go and warm it up for you.”

 

My mom went to the kitchen and I sat up in my bed leaning towards the wall. Something fell out from my pocket, it was my phone. I looked at the screen and saw that I had over 50 missed calls and unread text messages.

 

Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo...

 

The list went on but I didn’t have to look at it because I knew that they were all from those two. I placed my phone with the screen down on my bed. I didn’t want to read the messages. My mom came in with a big bowl of juk and even though I had no appetite I knew I had to eat. My mom’s juk tasted delicious as usual and I actually managed to finish the whole bowl. She sat beside my bed watching me eat and I knew she was waiting for an explanation. There were things that I had been wondering about as well, this was the best time to ask.

 

“Mom, you knew about me and Kyungsoo. Why didn’t you tell me about him after the accident? And you even encouraged my relationship with Chanyeol. You and dad said that you didn’t know much about my life in Goyang, you lied. Why?”

 

At first she looked surprised but then she made an expression that showed that she was a bit angry.

 

“You remember Kyungsoo? You got your memory back so that’s what happened.”

 

“Yes. I remember everything mom. I just dreamt about the freaking accident, I know exactly what happened. How could you do this to me? He was..is..my boyfriend. I love him!”

 

I could feel that tears coming but I was so mad that I held them back.

 

“I didn’t want you to remember him, he is the reason you lost your memory in the place. He put you through all that pain!”

 

“It was an accident! The car came out of nowhere, he didn’t do anything wrong!”

 

“It doesn’t matter, he should have been more careful. It’s dangerous riding a bike in the middle of the streets and not looking out for cars. That’s irresponsible behaviour. You were the one who the got the severe injuries not him. He just had to stay at the hospital for a couple of days while you were bedridden for months!”

 

She looked at me as if she had said something wrong. She had.

 

“What did you just say? How do you know that he had to stay at the hospital for a couple of days? I got transeferred to Seoul right after the accident there is no way you would know what happened to me if he didn’t try to contact me.”

 

“I know nothing about it...”

 

“Mom, stop lying! Tell me! Please..”

 

I couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. I was hoping that the tears would make her realize how much I wanted to know the truth. I needed her to tell me about Kyungsoo and why he hadn’t come looking for me until now. It has been nearly two years since the accident. There was no way that he wouldn’t have came looking for me earlier without a reason.

 

“Fine, if you want to hear the truth. I’ll tell you the truth. I want you to know that we did what we thought was best for you. We did it to protect you.”

~ O ~