Chapter 10

Dream of Me

I’ve found the missing piece, the small thing that was needed to trigger my memory. I felt like someone had just opened a closed door and behind that door were a massive amounts of things that were waiting to get out. Memories from my past were flowing into my mind like water in a stream it couldn’t be stopped. It was like they had been there all the time but they just became visible. Eveything became clear, like I’ve finally found my true self. I sat there on the floor crying and laughing at the same time. I didn’t know how I felt anymore my emotions were all over the place.

 

“What happened? Are you okay?”

 

I looked towards the door and saw Kyungsoo standing there, he looked really worried. Then he saw the bunny in my hands and his eyed widened.

 

“You...”

 

“Kyungsoo-yah!”

 

I got up from the floor and ran to him. I just wanted to hug him with all my might, it felt like something I had wanted to do for a long long time. I embraced him with my arms and cried even more.

 

“Why? Why didn’t you tell me earlier. I’m sorry...so sorry for forgetting you.”

 

I could feel his arms embracing me as well and it felt so natural and familiar. 

 

“You..you finally remember~”

 

The feeling of happiness was overwhelming. It was like we were in our own little world and nothing else mattered. We didn’t have to say anything, just standing there hugging each other were enough. It was all good until I heard another familiar voice.

 

“What’s happening, what are you guys doing?”

 

I opened my eyes and saw Chanyeol standing a few meters from us. Seeing him brought me back to reality. I released myself from Kyungsoo’s arms and tried to figure out what to say. But I couldn’t think of anything. My mind was completely blank instead I was scared. I had no idea what to do and at that moment I felt Kyungsoo grabbing my hand.

 

“Let me explain. Chanyeol I..”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t get to finish his sentence because Chanyeol pushed him into the wall while dragging my arm and put me behind him.

 

“Why is she crying? What did you do to her!!? I've been keeping my eyes on you. She has been acting very strange lately and it seems like everytime you are around something happens to her.”

 

He had his arm on Kyungsoo’s chest and continued to press him against the wall. I’ve never seen him act like that and I could see that he was really furious. I finally realized that Chanyeol hasn't been as oblivious as I've thought. He knew that something was wrong but has been quiet about it all this time. His pressed anger was released now and I was afraid that it would be hard to stop. I didn’t know what to do but I knew that I had to react fast because it looked like Chanyeol was ready to hit Kyungsoo at any minute now and Kyungsoo was locked in his position.

 

“Let him go Chanyeol-ah! Let him go!”

 

“Just calm down and listen to us Chanyeol-ah!”

 

But it looked like Chanyeol couldn’t hear us, his eyes were fixated on Kyungsoo and I saw him raising his arm ready to throw a punch towards Kyungsoo’s face. Everything happened so fast. I tried to drag his arm back but I wasn’t strong enough. He just had to flung his arm a bit and I lost my grip. I could see him raising his arm again and I just yelled whatever was on my mind that could stop it.

 

“Stop, he's my boyfriend!!”

 

Chanyeol didn’t stop, I could see his fist moving forward and I closed my eyes because I didn’t want to see that punch. I was waiting to hear some cracking sound and Kyungsoo’s painful scream but instead I only heard a loud banging sound. I opened my eyes again and saw that Chanyeol was hitting the wall right beside Kyungsoo’s head. His knuckles were bleeding.

 

“I mean he was my boyfriend or he still is...I don’t know. Chanyeol-ah please stop. You’re bleeding.”

 

My voice was shaking, I was shaking because I was crying. Chanyeol released Kyungsoo and took a step back. Blood was still dripping from his right hand. He turned around and looked at me. As soon as he saw me crying he walked towards and me wiped away the tears that were running down my face with his thumbs. But I couldn’t stop crying.

 

“Don’t cry my Bunny, don’t cry.”

 

He pulled me towards his chest and hugged me tightly. I wanted to keep staying in his arms but I couldn’t. This whole thing was a mess, I was a mess. I couldn’t think clearly anymore but I knew that I had to leave. I needed some time alone. I broke free from Chanyeol’s arms and pushed him back. After that I quickly turned around and ran without looking back. Even though I could hear both of them yelling after me I didn’t stop. When I was out from the apartment building I didn’t know where to go but I still kept running.

 

Running home is not the best idea. They’ll find me there and Chanyeol has the key to my apartment. Where should I go..where? Mom! Home!

 

It took me a while to get home because I went on foot. When I finally reached the house it was already dark and I was exhausted. I could barely see because my eyes were swollen from all the crying. I rang the doorbell and heard quick steps coming closer. It was my mom who opened the door and I just fell into her arms.

 

“Oh dear, I was so worried. Chanyeol has been calling the whole day asking if we knew where you were. I knew that something bad must have happened even though he refused to tell me about it.”

 

“Please don’t tell him that I’m here...please.”

 

I was so tired and weak that I could barely stand up. My dad who had been standing behind her carried me to my room and put me in my bed. I quickly pulled back into a fetal position and right before I fell asleep I could feel someone pulling a blanket over me.

~ O ~