Confusions & Frustrations

Someone Like You...Or May Be Not !!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I have always thought she would be the one. It was stupid but I was young and had just started college. But the truth is even after so many years...I still think same sometimes."

"It wasn't just the writing; it was how our thoughts matched. I felt like if I could meet her sometime then we could have been best friends...you know the ones who understand each other without saying anything."

"It's the whole mystery around who she is makes it more awesome. It been years and I have grown up so much but still I feel same kind of eagerness to find out who this author is...is she a complete stranger? Or I have seen or met her several time but have never realized it...well that would be pitiful won't it be Chul ah?...."

Leeteuk felt like a fool. He still couldn't believe he had been blabbering about this 'dream girl' of his in front of Heechul. No, in front of…Kim Casey.

What shocked him most was not the fact that the author was in fact a male and not a female like he thought. It was the fact that It was Heechul...the man who had become his best buddy in such less time.

He would have felt less stupid if he had found out that his 'dream girl' was some male author unknown to him. But it was indeed Heechul..and he had gone and said all the stupid thing in front of the man and the man never cared to tell him the truth.

Was the man enjoying himself listening to his foolish talks and laughing his heart out later?

Why wouldn't he tell him, he was sure that most of the gang knew about it. Were they all laughing on him behind his back?

Leeteuk wanted to go and ask Heechul directly. But he didn't...he couldn't...why? Because he was afraid.

Was he afraid that Heechul would start laughing on his face making him feel more embarrassed than he was feeling? Or was it the fit the man would throw because now he knew something he was not supposed to...Something that Heechul had decided to keep from him...

No, he was afraid that Heechul would just brush it off saying he understood how Leeteuk felt but he just couldn't tell him the truth. Because it would have changed nothing...

Nothing??Would it change anything now that he knows that the person he thought was most compatible for him was right in front of him always...He was Heechul, a person who had become more important in his life in just few days..Even more than most of the people he had known all his life.

But was he not that significant part of Heechul's life? Had Heechul never thought of telling him this truth? Was he still some friend..one from huge crowd of friends Heechul had?

Would it hurt if Heechul says it was the case?

"Teuk ah..She is beautiful.."His mother whispered coming near him but he missed it. She had to nudge him twice to get his attention.

"I had lost all hopes, but you made me proud. It was about time you found yourself a great girl and settle down."His mother's voice was no longer a whisper and he briefly saw Sora who was setting up the dinner table, blush.

Everyone seemed happy in the room..His mother seemed to approve of Sora and they seemed to mingle with each other nicely. He should be happy too. After all it was working out the way he was hoping for. Wasn’t it?

Leeteuk smiled at the two ladies taking his seat at the table. Trying to indulge in the conversation which was going on between them all the while trying hard to keep thoughts about Heechul at bay.

****

"Yah, Lee Donghae be careful there. This is not your playground for you to jump around."Heechul scolded the baby faced man who was about to dash into the pile of framed paintings waiting to be hung in the hall.

The short man nodded looking apologetic before showing a bright smile.

"Hyung, I have come for help."He said looking around the hall.

"You should have gone home kiddo, there are people here to do the job."Heechul said guiding the helper to put the frames on desired locations.

"Still..I wanted to help."Donghae insisted.

Leeteuk watched as the man finally managed to get attention from his hyung. He seemed happy when Heechul dropped an arm around his shoulder and involved him in work he was doing.

Donghae did that often. Leeteuk guessed that the younger one liked sticking with his hyung and getting attention from him as well. Heechul of course adored this dongsaeng of his. His role was kind of fatherly in this relationship.

Ryeowook, who was currently busy on phone was Heechul's manager and despite his young age was more like a friend and adviser to Heechul. They had an understanding in them which Leeteuk had witnessed many times.

Then there was Siwon who was currently in deep conversation with the event manager. Siwon was a totally different case. He liked..no loved to take care of Heechul and often became too protective of other. His behaviour with other was of a caring husband...

Leeteuk dismissed that thought, deciding it was completely baseless. He had been on this classification on Heechul's relationship with people most close to him, for some time now. What he should be actually doing was inspecting and guiding the helpers which were putting up his photographs, but he couldn't just help it. He wanted to frantically find out where he fit in Heechul's life. There were works more important than this right then as they were getting ready for the big event but this was most important..what does Heechul take him for? Why would Heechul not tell him his secret? When everyone else knew..

"Leeteuk ssi? This wall has been covered..would you please check if it is fine?"The assistant asked him looking hopeful until Leeteuk came to his senses and started to walk with other.

"Was it Siwon who stopped him from doing so? The man could do that..he never really liked me."Leeteuk was once again getting carried away in his thoughts.

"Leeteuk ssi? Is there a problem?"the assistant was looking at him once again when he finally focused on other.

"No it seems fine. Thank you for your hard work."He said smiling as the assistant bowed and left.

He glanced around the hall, his photographs were hung neatly in the sequence he had decided on. This was supposed to be a huge event in his life something to be happy about but Leeteuk was nowhere close to that. There was something bugging him..he knew it was Heechul's act of keeping a important thing secret from him.

Why would Heechul do that? The man would give silliest details to him but had kept this secret when he very well knew how much Leeteuk would have liked it to hear from him. After all he was author of the books he had adored for a long time. That way he could have save the embarrassment by all of his dream girl talk and the feeling of betrayal which was pricking at his heart right now.

"Where are you lost, sleepy head?"a voice startled him, but he didn't turn back to look . 

He had avoided a direct conversation of more than few minutes with Heechul ever since he came to know about the big secret. Because he knew he would just burst out on other out of anger and he was afraid Heechul would just say he was overreacting. That ,it wasn't a big deal. Because damn it was...

"Yah..are you really sleeping with open eyes?"Heechul asked waving his hand in from other to get his attention.

After a long debate with himself Leeteuk decided it was not right place to argue.

"No I am not..."He answered his gaze becoming intense looking at his slender friend.

Heechul looked surprised by the tone in which that answer was given. It was forced and rigid. Leeteuk had been strange from past few days. He would hardly look at him when he talked and the responses would be as short as recent one was.

It wasn't like they were meeting frequently after Leeteuk started dating and Heechul had thought the fundraiser event would give them a good chance to be with each other and work for a cause together. But Leeteuk's sudden mood swing was destroying all.

"Why are you like this really? It looks like you are sulking for some reason. And I am tired of asking you but I will do it once again..what is wrong with you?"Heechul asked earnestly, looking worried. It wasn't like his friend to be like this.

He frowned when instead of answering he Leeteuk kept on his intense gaze on him.

"What is wrong?is Sora shi ok? Did something happen between two of you?" Heechul tried once again.

For one split second he saw a spark of anger in Leeteuk's gaze but it was suppressed immediately.

"It's nothing. I am just tense about the event."Leeteuk answered ready to leave but Heechul stopped him.

"Hey,are you sure? Because if there is something else then..."

"Even if there is something, why should I tell you? It's not like you tell me everything happening in your life..."Leeteuk burst suddenly. Even though it looked childish to argue with Heechul about it, he wanted to do it.

Heechul looked surprised for a second. Leeteuk's sudden anger only made him more worried than curious.

"What has gotten into you? Why are you like this suddenly?"He asked now genuinely worried.

Leeteuk wanted to shout some more but Heechul's worried face melted some of his sudden anger. May be he was overreacting. He was about to ask Heechul about the whole thing about him being a writer thing but sight of Siwon approaching them stopped him.

"The light arrangements are done. Pictures are hanged and all other things have been taken care of. Now please stop showing that worried face to me and lets go for the dinner you promised me."Siwon said not really realizing the tension in the air.

"Rella, is everything ok? What is the problem here?"He said finally getting hold of the situation when no one spoke or reacted.

Heechul's upset mood just had to be because of this good 'friend' of his.

Siown's cold, accusing gaze did nothing to calm Leeteuk's growing frustration. It rather fuelled his anger.He wanted to shout loudly to tell this muscle man bodyguard of Heechul that whatever was going on was none of his business and he was not wanted there.

"I told you nothing is wrong..."He said stubbornly as he marched away from them. Talking was of no use when muscle man is showing off in front of Heechul, he thought angrily as he kept on walking despite Heechul's voice calling him back.

****

"Aren't they cute together?"Someone chirped beside him.

Leeteuk only could stare at the 'cute' couple on stage. Apparently Siwon refused to move in their performance demanding the usual peck on the cheek from Heechul. The big guy only carried on with the performance after receiving it.

The fundraiser was turning out to be success. Leeteuk was nervous about the reception of his pictures but it was great. He had received much of the praise and people had actually bought his pictures for some huge price when they had started the auction.

It was just like Heechul had stated. But Leeteuk wasn't enjoying it as he was supposed to. He was still fuming about their 'argument’. They didn't really get a chance to talk after that day as they both were busy. Though Heechul's opening speech as the man introduced him and the way he talked about his pictures almost calmed his agitated nerves; this all show of 'affection' going on between Heechul and Siwon on stage was ruining it already.

"Hyung, you are looking like a grumpy kid."Zhou Mi said sitting next to him.

"All ok?"

Leetuek nodded with a small smile to younger's concern.

Zhou Mi didn't look satisfied though.

"You are like this because Sora ssi is not giving you enough attention, right?"He tried to joke nodding at the direction where Sora stood with her friends, chatting away. Leeteuk's response was another small smile which concerned younger further.

"By the way loved your pictures. I didn't know you were this good.Mini hyung and I have decided to hang the one we bought in our butic. Like a centre piece with great light effects and all..it will look cool."

"Thanks a lot but you are exaggerating a bit..."Leeteuk responded timidly.

"Well may be a bit.."Zhou Mi agreed immediately, grinning when Leeteuk looked at him surprised not expecting this reply.

"Got ya..."Zhou Mi said laughing which brought a contiguous smile on elder’s lips.

"At least you are smiling now. You really looked like a sulking kid. So now tell me what happened, I might help you..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter