Recovery

My Heart's Memories

Yu Jin woke up to the sound of a heart monitor. Beeping at a good pace. She looked around and noticed she was in a hospital room. She tried to get up but the pain on her stomach shot her back down. She winced in pain and looked at her stomach. It was covered in white bandages, she could see a little bit of red soaking through from her attempt to sit up. She sighed and tried to recall what happened. She was kidnapped, someone wanted to kill her. Joon's face was the last thing she saw. She suddenly remebered Joon. Where was he? Is he okay?

"You're up!" Hye Sung yelled from the doorway as she entered. She quickly ran to the side of the hospital bed. She grabbed Yu Jin's hands and smiled.

"Omo, I thought I lost my best friend. How are you feeling? Are you hungry?" She asked Yu Jin, the questions flowing out one after a another.

'Where's Joon-oppa?" Yu Jin said, eventually cutting Hye Sung's words.

"Joon-oppa? He was just here?" Hye sung cocked her head to one side and looked around. Yu Jin then noticed his jacket still on the couch in the room.

"Looking for me?" His voice suddenly appearing causing Hye Sung to jump. Yu Jin saw him in the doorway and he was smiling although he looked tired.

"Omo, Oppa you need to stop scaring people!" Hye Sung yelled at him as she scotted over so Joon could sit next to the bed.

"I'll go buy us something to eat okay?" Hye Sung said cheerfully as she left the room. Joon and Yu Jin were now alone.

"How are you feeling?" He smiled as he asked the question. Yu Jin was tearing up. She was happy she was still alive. She had thoought she was going to die and never see Joon again. Joon looked worry at the sight of her tears.

"Are you hurting?" He asked as he grabbed her hands. She shook her head no.

"That's good." he wiped one of her teardrops.

"Oppa, how did we get out?" Yu Jin asked

"I eventually found a way out. Although you might not believe it" Joon said looking at the ground.

"what?" Yu Jin was now curious.

"It was as if I was walking out of a forest. The directions just came to me as though I had been there before" Joon said.

"Really? Maybe we were being protected" Yu Jin said smiling.

"Yu Jin!" Yu Jin heard her father's worried voice down the hallway and she looked towards the entrance as her father stormed in, Hye Sung chasing in after. Her father paused when he saw Yu Jin on the hospital bed and then looked at Joon. He walked over and pulled Joon by the collar.

"You jerk, what did you do to make my daughter like this?!" He screamed at Joon and Joon was trying to break free while trying not to hurt him.

"Mr. Jang, you've misunderstood.." Hye Sung tried explaining but Yu Jin's dad wouldn't accept it.

"Appa! Let him go! If he did anything, he heped me" Yu Jin said as she tried to get up, the pain on her stomach unbearable and the blood starting to soak through the bandaging. She winced and Hye Sung ran over to her, trying to hold her steady.

Yu Jin's dad looked at her and then let go of Joon. He ran to his daughter's bedside and laid her down gently.

"My daughter. I thought I had lost you too" Her dad was crying now and so was she.

Joon and Hye Sung left the room quietly and stayed outside.

"Please don't misunderstand Mr. Jang." Hye Sung said out of the blue and Joon looked at her.

"Yu Jin lost her mother when she was born. She doesn't know it but her dad told my dad since they are best friends." Hye Sung started to cry.

"Yu Jin thinks it was due to birth complications, but no. It was because her mom was shot in a drive by shooting. She was only 5 months old."

Joon looked at Hye Sung and nodded. Yu Jin had never shown any signs of being motherless, he didn't know either.

(Back in the room)

"I thought I lost you too my Yu JIn" Her dad held onto her hands, "Which bastard dare touch my daughter, I will cut off his hands"

Yu Jin smiled at her father.

"It's okay appa, I'm okay now. All thanks to Joon-oppa"

Yu Jin's dad smiled at her and nodded his head. Soon her dad left for work again and so did Hye Sung, leaving her and Joon alone.

"Sorry about my dad" Yu Jin said and Joon simply smiled.

"Ani, I would've done the same in that situation" Joon rubbed her hair.

"Why are you still here? Don't you have work to do?" Yu Jin asked as she looked at the clock.

"Ani, I have to spend the day taking care of you" Yu Jin blushed and weakly punched him and he dodged it while smiling like a dork.

"You never seem to have anything to do, 'young master'" Yu Jin .

"Well I do now" Joon smiled at her. His phone suddenly went off and he fumbled around for it. He took it out of his pocket. It was his mom.

'Yeobosaeyo?" he answered brightly

"Joon? Darling where are you?" His mom's voice was kind through the phone.

"I'm at the hospital with the girl I told you about?" Joon looked over to Yu Jin and smiled. She couldn't hear what Joon's mom said but Joon's reply caught her off guard.

"Don't worry Omma, It's okay. The press can say anything they want after all, she's my girlfriend." Joon grabbed Yu Jin's hands while Yu Jin stared at him in shock.