Mercy

My Heart's Memories

Seo Rin walked slowly to Changsun. Her tears streamed and she tried to hold in her sobs. She placed a palm on his face as she reached him.

"Are you really my Changsun" Her voice shook and tears had started to form in Changsun's eyes.

"How long has it been? Where have you been?" Changsun grabbed Seo Rin and pulled her in for a hug as she let out her sobs into his chest. They just stood there hugging and crying. Yu Jin found herself crying too but Joon grabbed her hands and held her tightly to his side.

"What happened? When I came back from the war, I couldn't find you? The Queen told me...."

"That was a lie. I was killed. Changsun, your mother paid hunters to kill me"  Changsun looked at her in disbelief.

"They killed me......and they killed.....killed our child" Seo Rin whispered the last words.

"Child?....you....you had a child? our child?" Changsun was shocked but he had a tint of anger in his voice. Seo Rin shook her head and Changsun pulled her in fro another hug. Suddenly the two of them disappeared. Yu Jin looked around the room but they were no where to be seen.

"I'm guessing you found the answer to your questions?" The woman said softly. "According to this glass plate, the same fate has been torn for 5 generations"

"What?" Joon turned to the woman.

"You and Yu Jin-ssi's fates have been torn for 5 generations. Yu Jin will eventually die, this lifetime isn't an exception either." The woman looked away and Joon jolted towards her, grabbing her shoulders.

"What?! Yu Jin? Die?" He turned back to Yu Jin who was spechless at this point. It was too much for her to take in and she just stared into space. Die? It had never occur to her before. Joon walked back to her and enveloped her in for a hug.

"I won't let anything happen to you" he said softly. Yu Jin wanted to hug him back but all her strength depleted from her. The room started to become fuzzy and started to darken.

"Oppa....." she barely whispered before she passed out. She collapsed in Joon's arms. Joon was shocked but held onto her body.

"Yu Jin! Yu Jin" he shook her. He quickly carried her and the woman guided him to her apartment upstairs. Joon laid her down on the bed and held onto her hands.

"Yu Jin-ah...Can you hear me?" His voice was worried. The woman came back with a small bowl of ice water and a rag. After she left Joon dipped the cloth into the water and started to wipe Yu Jin's forehead, she twitched slightly but didn't wake up.

As Yu Jin was unconcious, she dreamt of another vision. Seo Rin and Changsun appeared to her. They looked happy and were hand in hand.

"Thank you for everything. But there's one more request I have before I can be free" Seon Rin smiled and asked Yu Jin.

"What is it?"

"I need you to find the necklace. Burn it so that history won't repeat itself and so that Changsun and I as well as you and Joon-ssi can be together every life with nothing to cut our fates" Seo Rin's eyes were pleading. "It's that or you have to leave Joon on your onw will, once you are the one to break your own fate this will be over"

"The necklace? Leave Joon?" Yu Jin said but then the couple disappeared.

Yu Jin woke up to find a pair of warm brown eyes looking back at her.

"You're awake! Are you okay?" Joon said as he rubbed her hands. She smiled and nodded and then remembered her dream.

"Oppa, I had a dream of Seo Rin and Changsun-ssi just now." She looked at Joon and Joon sat up.

"What did they say?" Yu Jin hesistated. Should she tell him about leaving?

"Seo Rin said to burn the necklace, so that history won't repeat itself, that's the only way to save me from death" Yu Jin looked at Joon and he smiled.

"If it saves my girlfriend then it's what we'll do"

"Your grandmother has it, do you think she"ll give it to us?"

Joon looked at her for a sec and then smiled.

"My grandma is a sweet person, of course she will, we just have to explain our situation to her"

Yu Jin nodded and Joon helped herup. They thanked the woman and then left back home.

"I'll protect you, no matter what" Joon said as he squeezed her hand slightly. She smiled at him. and thought of the alternate option. She quickly shook it off and got in the car.

They stopped by a restraunt to eat samgyupsal. After they were enjoying the food Yu Jin got up and left tp the bathroom but something slipped out of her bag as she got up. Her mom's photo. Joon picked it up and stared at it, he had remembered his dad having the same photo of this woman although he didn't know who she was. He looked to Yu Jin.

"Do you know her?"

"Ne, it's my omma" Yu Jin smiled

"Really? My father has the same photo" Yu Jin was shocked, she had never met anyone that knew her mom and her dad has never told her much about her mom.

"Really? Why?" Joon shrugged.

"I guess they were friends in high school or something. What's her name?" He handed Yu jin the photo.

"My omma? Her name is Han Hyun Ji" She smiled as she put her mom's photo away.

After that they headed towards Joon's company to find his grandmother. They walked into the back area and looked around the stage. Yu Jin heard a familiar voice. A woman.

"I want her dead this time. No excuses"

Yu Jin slowly crept around to the entrance of the runway to see the back of a woman. She suddenly remembered this voice. The voice from the warehouse that had instructed to kill her. This was the person who wanted her dead. She looked closely at the woman who was talking to a man.

"How do you want it done?" The man asked.

"The same way you killed her mother. They should meet." The woman was starting to laugh.

"What's her name?"

"Hyun Ji's daughter, Jang Yu Jin"

Yu Jin's face turned ice cold. Same way he killed her mother? Her mother had been murdered? What was going on? She looked back as the woman turned around and her fears froze when he saw her.

Joon's mother.

She gasped and took a step back, trying to comprehend what was happening, her tears streaming now. She quickly turned back but ran into a hard chest. She looked up to find Joon. He was behind her the whole time and had heard everything too.

She couldn't bear to look at Joon. His mother had killed hers. It was wrong for them to be in love. She walked away but he held her wrist. She shook it off and ran out of the warehouse, running into the 4 guys (seungho, GO, Mir, Thunder) as she quickly pushed thorugh them, wiping her tears.

"what's wrong with noona?" Mir asked but the rest didn't asnwer. They didn't know either. They noticed Joon running towards them.

"Did you guys see Yu Jin?" he asked as he looked ahead desperately. They pointed and he took off.

"Yu Jin!" he shouted as he ran towards the direction the pointed. He arrived at the park, looking around desperately for her but she was no where to be found, he took off in the other direction.

Yu Jin looked at him from behind a big oak tree, as he left she turned around and clutched her heart. His mother has killed hers but why did her heart ache, the pain was unbearable.She cried silently to herself until the sun went down.

"omma, what do i do?" She asked as her tears dried out.

Joon sat down a bench, he had tried her home but she wasn't there and he had been looking everywhere. He sighed and ruffled his hair.

"Yu Jin, where are you?"