Goodbye

My Heart's Memories

Yu Jin walked home that night, surprised to see her dad home. He stood up as she walked through the door.

"Where have you been?" He smiled calmly at her.

"I was out with Hye Sung....." She looked away, should she talk to her father about this? She turned to her dad.

"Appa.....there is something I want to discuss with you about...." She sat down on the couch across from her dad. Her dad looked at her weird but then knodded.

"Appa....Why...why didn't you tell me about Omma's death?" She stared at her dad who was now shocked.

"Wha...what do you mean?" He sat up straighter now, his hands rubbing his thighs in a nervous matter.

"Omma didn't die of birth complications right?" Yu Jin was crying now. "Why did you lie to me? She was killed! Why would you lie to me?!"

 Her dad stared at her then suddenly stormed out leaving her alone. She curled up on the couch and sobbed, eventually falling asleep until morning. The next morning she heard the doorbell ring. Thinking it was Joon she didn't want to answer. She got up and walked to her room but then she heard a man's voice.

"Excuse me?! Please open up, this is an officer" Yu Jin quickly turned around to the door and stared for a while before opening up. It was really a police officer.

"Are you Jang Yu Jin?" Yu Jin nodded and he showed his badge.

"Your father is Jang Jin Hyuk, correct?" Yu Jin nodded.

"I'm sorry but you might want to come with me to the hospital, your dad was drunk yesterday and got hit while crossing when he wasn't supposed too, his injuries are severe"

Yu Jin froze. Her legs feel weak and she couldn't breath. How can she lose her father now? She didn't eve say anything good to him the last time they talked? She quickly threw her shoes on and left with the officer.

As she arrived at the hospital she followed the nurse quickly to her dad's room. She walked in and saw her dad on the hospital bed, on life support.

"appa...." She said slowly as she walked to him. She shook him gently and he didn't respond.

"appa!" She shook harder but he still wouldn't respond. She cried as she threw herself onto his chest. He moved and opened his eyes slightly. Yu Jin got up and looked at her dad.

"My Yu Jin...." He barely whispered.

Yu Jin grabbed her dad's hands and noticed they were hard and dry. She quickly took out a lotion from her pursed and applied it on her dad's hand like she did often.

"I'm sorry appa" She managed to say through the sobs. He smiled and shook his head.

"My Yu Jin, appa might have to leave soon. Please stay strong" His voice was weak.

Yu Jin nodded through the tears, knowing that at this point her dad wouldn't make it. She cried as she applied the lotion.

"Remember, Live life without any regrets My Yu Jin. Your omma has always taught me to live on with this saying, I wish the same to you"

He was brealy able to speak now.

"Omma loved you, I love you so much too, Omma and Appa will watch over you from heaven, Stay strong, Our Yu Jin, we will meet again someday and when it happens, omma and appa promises to stay with you forever, please be strong until then"

He raised his ring finger and motioned for Yu Jin to take it off. It was her appa's wedding ring, she wore her mothers around her neck. She nodded unable to hold back her sobs. He smiled at her and closed his eyes.

"I love you Appa" She whispered into her dads ear and a smile showed across his face.

Her father died later that day. Yu jin sat in the hospital room staring at the bed her dad was just sleeping on just moments ago before they pronounced him dead. She was in shock, all that happened was too much for her to take in at once, she wanted to call Joon but that wouldn't be right. She curled up and looked at her fathers ring, that was all she had left of him.

She walked lifelessly home that day to find Joon in front of her home pacing back and forth. As soon as he saw her he ran over and placed his hands on her shoulders. He looked at her, hey eye makeup was smeared, she had puffy eyes and her hair was a mess.

"Yu Jin.....are you okay?" He asked calmy but she just stared into space. He shook her gently and she managed to look up at him with her tired eyes.

"what?" She barely whispered.

"Yah, why are you like this? Are you okay? " Joon's voice was rising, she gave no response.

"Yah...." Joon was scared now, did his mother do something?

"Oppa, go away" Yu Jin's sudden response shocked the him. She looked up to Joon.

"Go....away" She said softly as she pulled Joon's hands away from her shoulders and walked passed him, forcely pushing him aside in the process.

"Yah, You..." Joon walked towards her and grabbed her wrist but she violently shook Joon's hand off shocking him.

"I said Go AWAY! What part of that do you not understand?! GO AWAY!" She screamed, venting her anger and her tears out at Joon who was now speechless.

"What happened? Why are you like this?" He said as he walked towards her. She backed away.

"My life is ruined! Thats what happened! I found out my mother was murdered and just today I lost my father!" She stopped at her sudden confession. She stared at him now, her eyes were burning. She crouched down and sobbed her heart out. He walked towards her and wrapped his strong arms around her pulling her into his chest. She protested at first but then soon gave in and sobbed into his chest.

He scooped her up and carried her to her home. He set her on the sofa as he kneeled in front of her. She looked at him and e wiped her tear stained face.

"I'm sorry...." he said as he looked at her. He felt guilty that he still wanted her, even what his mother had done. He remembered his reason for coming. He pulled out the black box to show Yu jin and she looked at the familiar black box. He opened it up and in the box was the necklace. Yu Jin's eye widened and she looked at him.

"My grandmother gave it to me" Joon looked right into Yu Jin's eyes.

LIVE LIFE WITHOUT ANY REGRETS

The quote crossed her mind and she looked at Joon.

"Oppa, I didn't tell you all that Seo Rin told me that day." Joon raised an eyebrow, confused.

"She said we could either destroy the necklace or I could just seperate from you." Yu Jin looked at Joon who had shot up.

"What?!"

"Let's go our own ways Oppa"