Visions

My Heart's Memories

Yu Jin thought about the voice and stayed quiet as Joon drove to the restaraunt, he looked at her and grabbed one of her hand with his free hand.

"Don't be worried, My mother is a nice woman" His smile was assuring as he squeezed her hand. She smiled weakly back. She looked towards the road and suddenly the memory of walking to the palace gates with Changsun flashed across her mind and she suddenly remembered Seo Rin's story about meeting the queen. She was in the same situation right now. She gulped and took a deep breath. History can't possibly repeat itself....right?

As they arrived at the restaraunt Joon got out of his side and ran over to her side to open her door. She hesistated for a moment but then got out. Joon held onto her hand tightly and they both walked towards the entrance. Yu Jin felt her chest tightened and her breathing was becoming uneven but she quickly shook it off. The waiter led them to a room in the back where a middle-aged lady was sitting. Yu Jin froze when she saw Joon's mom. It was the same face in her flashback.

"Sit down" Her voice was cold and not pleasant. Joon pulled out a chair for Yu Jin and Yu Jin bowed and greeted her before taking a seat.

"Omma, what do you think? I told you she was beautiful" Joon smiled as he sat next to Yu Jin, his hands interlacing hers under the table. He slightl squeezed her hand.

"So...where do you work?" His mom's voice sounded familiar to Yu JIn but she couldn't remember where she heard it before.

"I work at Yongin Nursing Home. I am a nursing aide" She answered, trying not to show any fear in her voice. Joon's mom was not amused.

"Where does your father work?" She asked not looking at Yu Jin.

"My father is a road constructor and does the night shift" She said, she was never ashamed of her dad's job.

"Ah, so his daughter always wanders the night then?" Yu Jin was shocked by Joon's mom's remark.

"Omma" Joon said, his voice showed slight anger. Suddenly someone came into the room.

"Ah Jiyeon-ah, you're here" His mom got up and went to greet the girl happily. Yu Jin turned around to see a girl about her age but was very beautiful.

"Oppa?" She looked at Joon and ran over to hug him.

"Jiyeon?" Joon's voice was full of shock but he let go of Yu Jin's hands to push Jiyeon away. She was smiling but stopped when she saw Yu Jin. Yu Jin quickly got up and bowed.

"Auntie, is this her?" Jiyeon's voice was full of disgust.

"Yes, that's her. What did I say Jiyeon? You didn't need to be worried" His mom was smiling at Jiyeon. Yu Jin looked at Joon confused.

"Oh Yu Jin-ssi, I want you to meet Jiyeon. Her father owns a jewelry store in the states and Jiyeon just came back from studying abroad. She is Joon's fiance"

Yu Jin was speechless. She tired to hold back the tears from embarassment and looked to Joon but he was as speechless as she was.

"Oh, is that so? Then I shouldn't be wasting your time here, I have no reason to be here" Yu Jin grabbed her purse and left the room. Joon quickly followed after, ignoring Jiyeon's protest.

She opened the front entrance and walked out into the cold night. Joon caught up and grabbed her wrist and spun her around. Her faced was full of tears and Joon was pained at the sight. He pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm sorry....I'm so sorry" that was all he could say. Yu Jin pulled away from him and wiped her tears. 

"Go back" She turned around and started walking but Joon pulled her into a tight back hug.

"Don't go" he whispered into her ear.

"What am I supposed to do oppa? You have a fiance that your mom introduced to us. That means she doesn't acknowledge me" Yu Jin's voice was shaky.

Joon didn't know how to reply. He was still in shock from his mom's sudden confession. Yu Jin pulled away after Joon remained quiet. She turned to him, her eys full of tears.

"I need some time oppa" She said quietly and turned to leave. This time Joon didn't stop her.

As Yu Jin reached her apartment she quickly ran to her room. Never had she been so embarassed nor either has her heart ever hurt this way before. She picked up the framed photo of her mom on her drawer and sat on her bed. She brushed her fingers across her mom's face.

"I guess this is when a girl needs her mom" she said quietly as she broke into sobs. She laid down and went to sleep in her dress.

The next day Yu Jin woke up with swollen eyes so she called into work. Hye Sung was sweet so Hye Sung let her off that day. She laid in bed, rethinking about the events that happened yesterday, all wishing it was just another flashback. She sighed and burrowed her face into her pillow. She heard her doorbell rang and she looked at the clock. Hye Sung must be stopping by. She didn't bother to fix her messy hair as she thought it was Hye Sung. She opened the door and to her surprise it was Joon. She quickly closed it but Joon managed to come inside quickly. she turned away.

'What do you want?" She asked not wanting Joon to see her face.

"I'm worried about you." His voice was full of concern.

"You shouldn't be" Yu Jin fought the urge to run into his arms, to feel his warmth.

"Yu Jin-ah" He grabbed her hand but she pulled it away.

"Go to Jiyeon-ssi, Joon. She's waiting for you" Yu Jin wanted to get Joon to leave.

"Stop being like that, you know I don't love her" His voice showed a tint of anger now.

"You're gonna have to learn to then. She's your fiance" Yu Jin was shocked at her boldness.

"And that is going to make you happy?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes!" She nearly screamed as her tears streamed out.

"Don't be like that" Joon said softly but she shook her head no.

" I don't know Oppa" She started walking to her room but Joon grabbed her wrist and spun her around, pinning her to the wals, his arms on both sides of her.

"If you loved me, you would try to work this out with me. Why are you being this way?" His voice was higher.

She looked into his deep brown eyes.

"I don't love you oppa" She said as her heart broke.

Joon let out a yell as he punched the wall next to her, blood starting to show on his knuckles.

"Why can't you understand?!"

"I want to! But what use is that?! I'm just a poor girl and I'm not good enough for you! There, i said it...."

Joon's lips found hers and he pushed his lips against hers with force. Her eyes were opened and she tried to comprehend what was happening. Soon she gave in and closed her eyes as she and Joon's lips explored eachother. After a while they both stopped for air. He leaned hid forehead against hers.

"We can work this out Jagi" He whispered. Yu Jin just cried, unsure why she was crying but the tears wouldn't stop. Joon pulled her in for a hug and they stood there for the next hour, just in a tight embrace. Yu Jin suddenly remembered his knuckles. She pulled away and grabbed his hand.

"Oppa, your knuckles..." she looked at his knuckles, they were red and had small cuts with slight blood oozing out. She quickly ran to get her first aid kit.

She sat down on the sofa and started to clean up Joon's hand. Joon examined his face as a flashback came to him.

The girl in the orange hanbok. She was also treating the wound of a man, he was injured on his hand as well.

"Oppa?" Yu Jin's voice cut his flashback. "Oppa, are you okay?" Joon looked at her and just stared.

"Yu Jin-ah, do you believe in psychic readers?"