Exhibit

My Heart's Memories

"JANG YU JIN!" Hye Sung nearly screamed into the phone.

"What!" Yu Jin yelled back, still running since she was late.

"Where are you? They're starting right now!" Hye Sung walked back and forth, her body pacing back and forth, unable to stand still.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Just wait okay?" Yu Jin yelled into the phone and then hung up.

She ran as fast as she can, her sneakers thumping on the ground. She was going to an exhibit today but she had waken late. She looked down at her watch. The exhibit started at noon and it was 11:56. She ran faster passing a ruch luxurious car.

(In the car)

"Joon-ah, you will definitely love this exhibit." Mrs. Lee said as she touched up her makeup. Joon just leaned back against the seat and he was trying to sleep, but with his mother's nonstop talking, it was nearly impossible. He looked out the window to see a girl running right past the car.

"Ya, Are we really going that slow?" He yelled to the driver.

"Oh, Young master, I can speed up if you like!" The driver slowly sped up and Joon leaned back on the seats once again. As he was about to sleep a familar scene flashed before him. It was a girl in a orange hanbok, although he could see her face clearly now, once he woke up he would no longer remember her face. She was smiling and reached out a hand to him. The car halted to a stop and Joon woke up.

'Another flashback of her, I'm really going crazy' he thought as he got out of the car.

"I'm Here! Jang Yu Jin is here!" Yu Jin yelled between pants as she reached Hye Sung. The both went into the exhibit hall. It was nicely decorated with gold stones and gold drapes. It made Yu Jin feel out of place in her oversized tee, shorts and sneakers. Her hair flowed freely in deep brown waves. She looked around the exhibit, looking for IT. The necklace she had been seeing in her day dreams since she was 21. She looked around at all the necklaces, finding nothing similar to it.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Hye Sung asked, helping look around although she wasn't sure what it looked like.

"OMO! Yu Jin, HOT guys alert!" Hye Sung nearly screamed into her ear and she looked over to see five guys. One of them had their back turned but the other four were quite handsome, and one was looking at Hye Sung. She had a quick flashback as soon as she laid her eyes on the back of the head of the guy with his back turned to her. A man on a horse, riding towards her, a bouqet of wildflowers in his hand. She quickly snapped out of it as someone bumped into her.

"Yah, I thought you were here to help me look for the necklace since I picked up your shift for you in order for you to go on a date with one of your daily boyfriends" You nudged her but she was zoned out. You sighed and turned back quickly.

"Hyung that girl over there is quite pretty" Mir said to Seungho. "Joonie Hyung, I think the one next to her seems to be your type?"

Joon turned around to take a glance at where Mir was pointing. He saw two girls but one had her back turned, only her long brown hair was visible and the one beside her wasn't his type. He shook his head no and walked away.

Soon the exhibit was over. Yu Jin walked out of the building with her shoulders slung down. Another exhibit and she still didn't find it. She was confused. Ever since she turned 21, these flashbacks kept coming to her. She wasn't sure why she saw these things but it only made her even more curious. The man in her sudden flashes was really handsome with a beautiful smile, but as soon as she snapped out of her flashes she forgot his face. It was very frustrating. She walked home alone since Hye Sung had night classes.

"Hopefully another exhibit will be soon" She said to herself quietly, sulking in her disappointment.

Joon walked down the steps and walked towards the car, catching a glimpse at a girl walking home alone. He sighed and got in the car, falling asleep as soon as he sat down and all the way home.

Yu Jin walked into an empty house. Her mom had died due to complications during labor. She lived with her dad but he worked the night shift so she always spent the nights alone. She quickly took a shower and went to bed. Dreaming of him as soon as she slept.

(Dream)

It was an old korean neighborhood that looked like it belonged to the Chosun Dynasty. Over the stone walls were two people cuddled together next to a fire.

"Yeo Rin, I don't know what do anymore" The man was dressed in a traditional male handbok and was very handsome.

"Young master, I can't do much for you but offer you my shoulder. What can a girl like me who grew up in a gisaeng home do for a noble man like you?" The girl was speaking in a soft voice, almost like a lullaby.

"Yeo Rin" the man said to her. He was in a royal hanbok, meaning he was of great status. He brought something out from behind him. It was a small black bundle. He unwrapped it and inside was a beautiful gold necklace.

"This is my promise to you. I will come back for you after the war ends and I will marry you, regardless of what my family will say. I love you this much" He pulled her up and put it on around her neck. She touched it gently and smiled, leaning back into his embrace.

"Young master, the breeze tonight is beautiful." She snuggled closer to him and he inhaled the scent of her hair. It smelled of sweet apples and cherry blossoms. A gust of ice cold wind blew by.

(End Dream)

Joon opened his eyes. He looked to see his window open. He got up and walked over to close it, a cold gust of wind blowing in just before he slammed it shut.

'I'm really going crazy' He thought to himself as he climbed back into bed. He layed in bed for a moment, trying to recall the events of his dream.

"Yeo Rin" He said slowly, the name sounding natural on his tongue. The sound of it sent chills down his spine and he turned to his side, forcing himself to fall asleep.

"Young Master...." Yu Jin said slowly, it sounded weird but it seemed as if she said this alot. She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep.

 

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE IT? INTERESTING MUCH? LOL I HOPE IT'S NOT BORING YOU! ^^

-SEUNYI