Guilty Conscience

Leave Me Alone

A/N : Took me a while to update this one, it's been pretty hectic lately.  As the title says, there are some parts where Yoon Mi's thoughts clash so her thoughts are in black and gray.

 

          I’m lucky that my mom doesn’t know much about the rose I got, I was grateful that she’s not a nosy person because she knows that it’s bad to interfere with their daughter’s privacy. She didn’t say a lot about it, so I guess I was off the hook since she only asked me one question.

“Where did you get that?” My mom pointed at the rose, the one I’m holding, which I just received at school. She must have thought that I got it from a secret admirer or something; I shrugged it off by telling her that all the other kids also got it during the Valentine’s Day event. At least my mom didn’t continue to ask me weird questions.

I don’t know why I keep changing my perception on Valentine’s Day since the Junho incident. And pretty much this is what happened at that time

(FLASHBACK)

               I brought some chocolates which I’m going to give to my friends, when I was about to leave during break time suddenly I realized one thing: I.FORGOT.TO.BRING.IT. Damn it, how can I be so forgetful?! Hopefully it’s still on my desk, but when I checked it wasn’t there. Until I saw a big familiar wrapper, clutched in someone’s hand. I couldn’t see who was holding it and I nearly gaped because it was Jihye.

“Jihye, did you take the chocolates on my desk?” I asked her

“Whaa…It’s yours?” I nodded

“My bad, I thought you’re to give it to Junho” she gave me a surprised look. “Mianhe” she said

“Oh it’s fine really” I faked a smile

“Aren’t you glad I gave it to Junho?” Jihye smirked

“Ahahaha…That’s nice, but please let me know before you take it” I answered awkwardly. Oh dear what is she up to? I hope something wrong doesn’t happen! I tried to completely ignore it, but I knew that I was going to be dead when all of a sudden some of the students from Junho’s class kept smiling at me.

“Awww….How sweet of you” One of them grinned when they saw me. I was still oblivious of what just happened and then I asked why he said that. Apparently Jihye didn’t just give the chocolates to Junho, she gave it to the WHOLE class and said that it’s under my behalf.

“Did Jihye really give the remaining chocolates to Junho?” I asked

“Of course! The whole class cheered, but no worries Junho just smiled and told me that if I should give you his regards if I see you. He did thank you for the chocolates though” Not sure if I should jump my heart out due to excitement or keep my head hung low in shame because I just sacrificed my good name for the sake of love. It was the worst Valentine’s Day ever, and I guess this is the start of a whole new disaster.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

                What happened to the rose I just got? I went upstairs into the bathroom and filled a small transparent jar with water, and then I placed the jar next to the mirror with the rose inside. What caught my eye was a small card attached on the stem, so I removed the card and there was a writing that said ‘You are not alone’. Okay this is getting creepy, I thought.

I tried to figure out who sent the rose. Sadly there was no name on the card because the sender’s name is anonymous and only the committee members have the list of names. I asked several people but I got various answers. Some say Junho sent it, but that must be a lie since there’s no way he would do that. Even one of them said Taecyeon sent it. What the hell?! This is just some crazy dream, right? I just wish that I don’t want to live in this planet anymore. Just banish me from this cruel world and put me out of my misery! 

At first my plan was to ask whether or not Taecyeon really sent it for me, I was about to do that when suddenly

“Hi”

“Happy valentine’s day, will u be my gf?” I guess they were right, probably he sent it. Should I ask him about it? I was about to do it but then something stopped me.

“Alright let’s do this!” My mind convinced me

“YAH, LISTEN! Why the would you force him to answer? Who knows that he’s not the one, could it be a prank!” My heart objected. There was a big struggle between both sides, so I held in the urge to ask him. A few seconds later, he replied again

“Why aren’t u answering? :(“

“I was wrong, I thought you wanted to get back again” Aishhh…He’s getting delusional again! Another bitter pill I had to take again. This guy is going to be the death of me, I grunted. Can’t this guy get over me already? Then he typed again

“I’m not feeling well today :(“ – And….Do I have to swim from Seoul to Seattle and back again while saying, ”WOW” like that? Not sure if he really does feel like that or he’s drunk as hell.

“Why?” – I replied

“ ‘Cause the girl I like didn’t return my feelings”

“Who?”

“Aishh…This girl -___- “  - And then he logged off all of a sudden, usually I’m the one who logs out first. He must have been very irritated by my response. Thank goodness this guy finally decided to hit the road! He realized that there’s no use trying to win over me, I don’t even like him. And then my conscience comes into play

“I feel bad for him, maybe I should apologize” - My heart told me

“Yah, what the hell?! That guy just ruined more than TWO bloody years of my life! I’m glad he’s gone now, or better yet I wish that guy would rather sleep with the fishes” - and here comes my mind

“That’s mean”

“So what? it! I’m NOT going to let some mediocre guy get in my way, I’m finally free!” – But I was wrong, because every time when I walk down the halls at school I dread passing by his class. I even had to take the long way up if I want to get to my class; it’s like everywhere I go he’s there coincidentally. I’m guessing this might be destiny’s work so I could get back together again.  This guy is really driving me nuts, if you ever ask me what it feels like to be stalked by some creeper dude then you’ll never believe what happened.

                    Since then, break time has become some sort of horror movie where every time you go the creeper dude always show up no matter if you’re alone or even with your friend. Yes, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. And this is how it usually happens, when I visit my friend’s class he always showed up. I barely set foot inside and I reluctantly called my friend in front of the door, when she asked why I did that I never answered. Even if I enter her class I just pray that he’ll never find me, but I was wrong because I never expected that he would.

I was about to head towards the stairs, but suddenly I stopped when I saw someone in front of the teachers’ office. It was a tall guy, I couldn’t see clearly who it was until as I inched a bit and my mind was like, ’Oh … ‘ There were two choices : I take the other stairway but it requires even more time since I had to go back again or I take that stairs but I had to speed up a bit. So I had no choice but to take that stairway. I was almost heading down when suddenly that guy turned around and called me.

“Yoon Mi-ah” He called, but I tried my best to ignore him. I went down the stairs as fast as my feet could take me, trying to hide my scared face. Who knew that this could be the scariest experience of my life? When I reached the second floor my heart raced at the speed of light, and my hands felt clammy. I felt like I wanted to cry and scream for help but I couldn’t, I felt vulnerable.

At night Taecyeon asked me why I didn’t answer when he called me at school today. And then he apologized for flipping out at me a few days ago when he told me that he thought I didn’t want to get back again with him.

“I was wondering if I could make it up to you” – he typed

“Really? What is it?” – I answered

“Which class r u in for cca?” – Oh great! Maybe I should trick him saying that I took soccer, I thought. But then again Jihye’s cronies would know for sure which makes me end up being humiliated for the rest of my year.

“Why do u ask?” – I said

“I wanted to accompany u, maybe I’ll se u on Wednesday during second break in front of the stairs at the 1st floor” – he told me. Well I guess this is actually a warning for me to find an alternate route when I’m heading to yoga class.

The next day during second break before CCA period, I saw Taecyeon walking closer towards me. I had no choice to pretend that I’m entering my classroom and waited for the coast to clear, then I could get out. He was a few meters away from me, standing in front of the geography class door. He wasn’t facing me so I dashed inside Khun’s class, and I hid behind the classroom door. I peered a bit and saw him about to reach in front of the class, I felt like I was in a near-death situation. A few minutes later he was gone, I sighed with relief that it was over.

 During on my way to yoga class I asked my friend to come with me by passing through another route, because Khun told me that he spotted Taecyeon on the first floor walking aimlessly in front of the stairway next to the audio-visual room. I knew that he was actually waiting for ME, in the end I managed to escape his clutches. And turns out I didn’t escape 100%.

“Hey why did u run away from me today? XD” – He said

“How did u know?” – I asked him

“Of course I can tell it’s you, I know ;)”

“Do u wanna hang out this Saturday? See a movie maybe? I have a ‘surprise’ for u” – I know what he meant by ‘surprise’, a few weeks after his confession he started to treat me like I’m his official girl (which sounds rather like we’re newlyweds) and most of the chats we had were filled with some cheesy stuff but sometimes it can lead to something a bit more extreme, if you know what I mean. And when I reread those conversations it gave me chills down my spine since this is the side of him that I just found out.  The one that really haunted me was when we talked about first kiss, he told me that I was going to have it if he ever asked me out. But I find it creepy when I think of it, I mean doesn’t it seem a bit awkward?

              I figured that changing my route wasn’t quite effective as I thought it would be, because even with the alternate route he can still find me. My only option is changing my look again although I just got my hair until medium-length around four months ago, yet how did I manage to get away with my mom allowing me to get another haircut? Easy, I told her that my hair grew again and I wanted to maintain the length so I finally got it cut so short that if I was in my casual clothes people would think I look like a guy from the distance. I felt that I couldn’t contain myself when Jihye freaked out again due to my new look, probably because she didn’t knew the REAL story behind it. For now, I was able to get back on my normal life again. Another thing is that I’m currently looking forward to this June because Jay told me that he’ll come back to Seoul for the summer, which made want to wish time would speed up and there are no plans that can separate me from meeting him again.