This Can't be Happening (2/2)

Leave Me Alone

 

(TWO WEEKS LATER)

As I walked into my room, I laid myself on the bed. The long flight is totally excruciating, I can feel my energy being drained rapidly even though the trip itself was fun. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep, I didn’t care if I haven’t changed my clothes yet; what matters the most is that I really should get some rest.

When I woke up again, I asked myself whether Taecyeon has sent any new messages. And there were none so far, but then he showed up.

“Hi baby”

“How’s your trip?”

“It was good”

“That’s nice”

“U know, I couldn’t stop thinking about u when u were gone” Okay, this guy is totally creeping me out. First, the super cheesy talk and now this? Can’t my day get any worse?

“Why?”

“We need to talk”

“I heard u like someone else. R u cheating on me?” What the….Cheating? I never recalled anything about dating this guy. How can he say that easily?

“What r u talking about? I NEVER did anything to you”

“Don’t lie. You like that Junho guy right?” Seriously what does this guy know about me? Aishh…He’s such a pain in the neck! He got upset all just because I like someone else yet we’re not even dating?

“Tell me now! What does he have that I don’t?” This is insane. He’s pissed off because of this? Is he high or something?

“Ya! Will you please cut it out! So what if I like someone else! We’re not even dating!” I snapped back at him. It’s not like I’m his puppet which he can control my thoughts and actions.There was a pause which lasted around 5-10 minutes, and then he replied

“I’m sorry :(“

Since our fight, I get a bit upset if someone brings up about Taecyeon. I tried to avoid talking about him and diverted my focus on other things yet I couldn't do that.

“Any updates on Taecyeon yet?” Jihye asked me

“He’s being too overly attached to me. I don’t know why he’s like that, it bothers me” I scoffed

I tried as hard I could to forget about him, however I felt like I was being haunted. Every time I walk around by myself there’s a strange aura as if someone was spying on me. I was very petrified that if I want to go outside of class I would ask Khun to come with me.

“Something bothering you?” Khun asked. I only kept my head down. As we walked, I can feel some of the students from the other classes were staring at me even some were shooting daggers. At other times I could hear them talking behind me.

 

‘Hey isn’t that the girl who likes Junho?’

‘Really? I thought she’s with Taecyeon. I heard that she broke Taecyeon’s heart and she denied it’

‘I wonder if Junho would still want her. Isn’t she being a bit... I don’t know a bit y maybe?’

 

“Do you think Junho doesn’t know about what happened between Taecyeon and I?” I shivered

“Probably he won’t know. Why do you ask?” Khun replied monotonously.

“I’m scared if he doesn’t want me. I just want to save myself from this mess” I nearly cried

“What’s wrong? I thought he likes you back”

“It’s not that. It’s just that I’m sick of having Taecyeon constantly treating me like this, I feel violated” I said.

“ Look, as long as you ignore him everything will slowly be alright. All you need to do is calm yourself down first and then you can start focusing on something else” Khun advised. My tears were overflowing with pain, fear, and also regret from what happened between Taecyeon and I, I couldn’t handle it. I really wished that I never met him in the first place. I was still sobbing as I burrowed my face on Khun’s shoulder. I felt like I became as fragile as glass. When Jihye showed up, Khun told her not to bother me for a while.

(Nichkhun’s POV)

Yoon Mi was crying so hard that it’s impossible to stop her. I didn’t care about the other students who passed by and saw us. This is the first time I’ve seen her upset ever since junior high, she rarely cries but in this case she was at the verge of breaking down. As she started to calm down a bit, she told me everything. Just from listening to her story, I feel like I can’t forgive that bastard who scarred Yoon Mi.  Can’t he just leave her alone instead? She declined him several times yet it only makes him show up more often.

“Yoon Mi, I’ll help you. If he ever comes looking for you I want you to forget about it, find an alternate route whereas possible.  If he does something bad to you, tell me. Promise?” I said softly.

“I promise” She smiled despite the fact that her eyes are slightly puffy after crying.