Doubt

Leave Me Alone

 

         My curiosity for Taecyeon grew ever since the first time we talked via Facebook chat. I started to talk with him pretty often and I told Jihye about it, however she wasn’t amused.

“Yah you have to decide right NOW! Are you going to be with Junho or that guy? I told you not to get close to him yet you ignored my warning! Whatever you do don’t come running towards me if he starts to stalk you!” She scoffed.

“What’s wrong with you?” I raised my tone

“Look.. I don’t want you to end up getting into trouble for the rest of your life all because of one ridiculous mistake. It doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to talk to him; it’s just that this is for the sake of your reputation during the whole school year.  I know most of the seniors including him, you don’t want what I experienced with him to happen to you right?” Jihye finally calmed down.   

Most of my friends told me that Junho and I should start dating as soon as possible because they said Taecyeon is no ordinary guy.

“Khunnie, what do you think of Taecyeon? Do you think I should continue to talk to him?”

“It’s your decision. But if I were you, you shouldn’t get too close to him. Some say he’s a player and he’s even worse than Junho. Some girls think Junho is really a total jerk but it’s just what it looks like outside, he is actually a nice guy if you know him very well. “ Nichkhun advised. I’m starting to have second thoughts about Junho even though I’m starting to like him. Should I really continue to like him?

Talking to Taecyeon on Facebook has become a daily thing for me. Every night I would log on and talk to him even if it’s just a short conversation. My mom grew suspicious because I spend too much time on the computer; I told her that I’m doing an assignment. So far she doesn’t even know about what I’m actually doing.

“What’s up?”

“I’m having a problem”

“Tell me”

“Is it your friends again?”

“Yeah”

“What’s wrong? :(“

“They still insult you again”

“I see..”

“Don’t let them get into you”

 

“You know how they are”

“I know that feel. Honestly I tend to feel lonely”

“Why?”

“Dunno”

“But every time I talk to you I feel comfortable”

“Well that’s great I guess”

“Yoon Mi, can u do me a favor?”

“What is it?”

“If u hv any problems please let me know”

“I’ll be here for you”

“Mmkay..”

“Btw I don’t even know what to call you”

“You can call me oppa^^ Ok?”

“Alright”

            Boy, that escalated quickly. I wasn’t expecting to turn out like this, and not to mention the way he talks to me has changed. He starts to treat me like I’m his close friend or something even though we haven’t even met in person. I was trapped between two choices; whether I should stick to Junho or Taecyeon, the main problem is I’m really dying to talk to him for real not online. Even if it’s just a short conversation it’s fine just so I know what he looks like.

“Oppa, when do u think I can see your face?”

“Be patient. Maybe when the right time comes”

“Btw I just looked through your photos ;)”

“Really?”

“Yeah, you look fine to me”

“I gotta go, I hv to study”

“There’s a big test tomorrow”

“Okay, good luck :*”

“Oops sorry that was a typo”

                  Oh dear I must be dreaming. Could it be he’s….No, that’s impossible! How can he start to have feelings for me? Is it possible? From the way he talked to me I think there’s something wrong with him. At night I couldn’t sleep because our conversation kept me up all night, I couldn’t think straight because I’m starting to question whether all of this is real. If I was Taecyeon, I won’t be having feelings for someone who I only talked via online since it’s easy for people to fake themselves in something called surrogate reality where you can be a different person than you are in real life so quick. His words buzzed around in my head like a bee buzzing around me again and again.