Awkward

Leave Me Alone

 

"Once again I'm sorry.. I just can't do this" I tried to run away from Jihye as fast as I could. Yes, you're wondering why I'm running away right? You see... When i was turned down by Junho in front of his class it really killed my pride because can you imagine what it's like if you were in my shoes? When I reached my class, I saw Ye Eun in front of me

"Yoon Mi-ah are you alright?"

"I'm fine" I came in class while breathing heavily as if I just got chased by a wild animal. Ye Eun asked me where have I been, I told everything about it. Rather than feeling bad for me, she laughed.

 "See! I told you it's better if you're with someone else!" she laughed loudly

 "Ya! I'm serious here!" I left her as I walked towards my seat. When I reached my seat, I pulled out my Science notes and read them. not bad for reviewing for the next period. Suddenly, there was a guy sitting in front of me.

 "Is this seat taken?" he pointed to the empty seat in front of me. I nodded slowly, I was expecting him to talk to someone else but instead he sat while facing me.

 

"Rough day, huh?" He gave me a concerned look  

"Yeah but I think you should just stay away from this, please." I replied while rewriting my notes. I turned my eyes towards him. 

 "Wait.. Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked him

"Oh my goodness, how can you not know? I'm the guy that came into your class for my project! I remember you taking one of the questionnaires!" He exclaimed. And there was an awkward silence between us.

 "Oh I get it! You must be Jay right?" I felt like there was a sudden clarity in my mind. Jay just laughed after he heard my response. No wonder his name sounded familiar to my ears. Jay, he wasn't just good at music but his grades are mindblowing. His scores was very close to the guy who got the highest  scores out of my grade. 

"This is weird" Jay said

 "What? What's weird?"

 "How come I know you yet you don't even know me?" He laughed. My face turned red like a ripe tomato when I heard his  response. 

 "This might sound weird but mind if I know what happened?" Jay asked

"It's some problem with a guy I like, well USED TO like him until we drifted away. The guy's a total douche actually, if only I'd realize sooner" I sighed

 "Boy that's gotta be tough. Just leave 'em" there was a short pause between us, until a teacher called me.

 "Anyone named Yoon Mi here?" She called. It was the school counselor, I rushed out from class as she called me. On the way to her office, I asked her what was happening. The teacher told me to just see later. Once we arrived at the office, there was my homeroom teacher and my mom.

 "Mom? Why are you here?" I was shocked. My teacher told me that there's something wrong about my grades, so she called my mom to come to school. 

"Do you have any difficulties in your studies so far?" my teacher asked. Yes, there is it's those guys. I shook my head vigorously, however she knew there's supposed to be any because she pulled out my temporary report. I can see my bad grades written in bright red, she knew something isn't right. I can totally feel my mom was shooting daggers at me when she read my report, which means I’m dead. My hands feel clammy and my heart pound as if it was at the speed of light. Although the talk lasted for 10-15 minutes or so, it felt like 10 centuries to me. I finally walked out the counselor’s office with a shocked expression plastered on my face. It really pisses me off! Although the teacher highly advised me to ask a friend to help me with subjects that I find difficult to understand. But then again, who to ask? Probably I should ask Jay to help me.

                   Ever since the talk, I usually ask Jay if I have any problems. He’s not just a good listener, he’s a very nice guy. Sometimes we hang out in class after school and study together, and sometimes his brother Jehan visits our class. One time, when the three of us came out of class my mom was waiting for me at the gate.

“Bye guys, see you soon!” I waved at both of them while walking out of the gate.

“Who’s that?” My mom pointed at them

“Them? That’s Jay and his brother, Jehan”

“Is Jay the one who’s in the same class?” I nodded slowly. But suddenly my mom’s questions start to get weirder

“Is Jehan his brother?” My mom asked again

“Yes he is, he’s two years younger than Jay”

“So who’s the one that takes them to school?”

“I don’t know, Mom”

“Where does his parents work?”

“What? How am I supposed to know.. “ Mom, please stop asking me these awkward questions! My face nearly turned red when she asks those questions,I don’t know him too well yet.

“Yoon Mi, maybe I should get to know your friends even more besides Khun. Is it okay if I get to see Jay and his parents?” My mom gave me a light smile. Mom, you’re going to be the death of me….

 

 

A/N : Mianhae for the super slow update, last week I had a problem with my laptop but now  it's back again! Yay! Anyways, Taecyeon's appearance will be less frequent in the next few chapters. It doesn't mean he won't appear again in the story, you'll just see when will he return ._.v I feel pity for Yoon Mi when writing this