Pursuit

Leave Me Alone

 

 (JAY’S POV)

“Yoon Mi, what happened?” – I asked her, she started to sob from the other line. There must be something wrong with her since I heard her panting.

“I…Someone is after me” – She replied

“Where are you now? I’ll get there as soon as possible!”

“I’m at the alley next to my apartment..” – Suddenly she got cut off when I heard her being gagged and dragged away. Those were the last words that came out from her as she disappeared suddenly, I kept yelling “Answer me!’ from the phone but it was useless. I was frozen to my seat like a lifeless statue at what just occurred; I redialed her number but it can’t be reached, damn it!

“Hey, bro. What’s going on?” – Jehan walked in

“It’s Yoon Mi, she got kidnapped” – I muttered

“Well why not rescue her?”

“Easy for you to say, how the hell I’m supposed to rescue her if I don’t even know where the she is?” – I raised my tone. Before I could explain anything my phone rang again and it was from an unknown number.

“Pick it up! Who knows it must be her!” – Jehan’s face lit up, when I picked up the phone there was Yoon Mi’s voice however from her voice she was in agony and fear.

“Jay, help me” – She said, I was about to ask where she is at the moment until a guy answered the phone.

“Hello there, if you are looking for this girl then I might have the answer. That is IF you want her alive” – the guy said

“What have you done to her?!” – I replied angrily, and there was a loud laughter coming from the line.

“Why should I tell you?” he replied cynically,” Do you want to see her again or not? That’s the question!” He taunted me.

“Just tell me where she is!”

“Alright, meet me at the dock at ten o’clock sharp. Whatever you do, never... I mean NEVER bring anyone else, not even the police or even your friends if you want to face it like a man! Don’t be late, or else…” – He explained

“And if I don’t?”

“If you don’t I guess…” – CLICK! A sound of a gun clicking followed by Yoon Mi’s plea, “Please… Hurry Jay!” She was about to cry at the line before it was disconnected.

“Where are you going?” Jehan asked me when I was about to leave my room, I asked him where are the cars keys but sadly he told me that the car had a flat tire. When I went to investigate the tire, there was a small hole from a gunshot. Aisshhh…. This guy! I ruffled my hair with my hand in frustration.  Whose car can I use? My parents were out of town for the week, and they took the car with them. I asked NIchkhun if his car is not used, and I had to talk my way when I asked for his permission. When I told him that Yoon Mi was kidnapped he asked me if he could come along, but I don’t want to put his life on the line too.

          I got into Khun’s car and rushed to the docks. It was pretty dark and quiet, so I had to rely on a small flashlight I found in the trunk. I searched each and every warehouse but most of them were locked; Shoot! Where could she be?! I searched around and found another warehouse but this time the door was slightly opened, I explored inside through the labyrinth of crates. The warehouse itself was dimly lighted which makes it harder and it’s easy to get lost in this endless maze, until I saw a silhouette from the distance. There was a girl tied to a chair and she struggled to get away; I quickly ran towards her. She couldn’t talk because was gagged and I had to remove it first.

“Jay, you’re here!” – Tears started rolling down her face after I removed the gag

“Yoon Mi, I’m glad to see you. Now come on let’s get you out of here!” – I untied her wrists and it was too damn hard because the knots were too tight, I reached into my pocket and found a small pocket knife; I tried to pry open the ropes. Afterwards, I noticed there were red marks embedded on her wrist from the ropes.

“Jay, I’m glad you came!” – Yoon Mi leaped into my arms quickly

“I’m glad you’re okay” I patted her back lightly. “Now let’s get out of here!” I told her, when suddenly there was a sound of loud clapping.

“Well…Well…That is very touching I must say” – the clapping suddenly stopped and a guy appeared from the shadows.

‘It’s you! You’re the guy that brought Yoon Mi here!” – I said

“DING! We have a winner! And you’re right…” – the guy replied

“What do you want?!” – Yoon Mi yelled

“Haven’t you realized yet?” – The guy smirked as he walked slowly towards Yoon Mi and grabbed her by the chin, he stared at her deeply,” What I want is YOU” He said with a deep tone.

“Who the hell is this guy?” – I asked Yoon Mi

“SILENCE!” – He yelled and then he cleared his throat,” You see… I’m actually hers. So, back off!” That guy said arrogantly, this guy is really a total show-off. He nearly killed someone for crying out loud!

“Taecyeon, what have you done?” – Yoon Mi snapped

“I’m glad you ask. Remember when we used to chat with each other until that dreadful day where you shattered my heart into a million pieces? I thought you were a good girl, and so I figured if I can’t win your heart then I moved into the dark side. I’m NOT sharing you with anyone! You’re all mine” – Taecyeon grinned at Yoon Mi.

“Hey, don’t you dare lay a single finger on her!” – I warned him; instead the guy threw a small metal ball. And suddenly the room was covered in smoke, I tried to find my way out while finding Yoon Mi but when the smoke cleared out she was gone. I quickly rushed towards the warehouse’s front door as it was about to be closed, I was lucky that I successfully managed to escape. When I got out, I saw a black car parked a few meters away and saw Yoon Mi at the front seat. I quickly got her out of the car; I ran as fast as my feet could take me to Khun’s car. And suddenly I saw that Taecyeon guy hopped inside the car and it accelerated.

“Oh !” – I turned around and saw the blinding headlights in front of us, his car was about to get closer, but luckily we managed to get inside on time.

“Jay, he’s getting close! Step on it!” – Yoon Mi freaked out

“Don’t worry, we’ll get you back soon!” – I assured her as I stepped on the gas pedal and sped up I order to escape Taecyeon.

 

A/N : Okay sorry for the pretty short update , I'm only a chapter away from the ending (Yes, it's not over yet *evil laugh*). The epilogue I'll make it a tad bit more longer *bows* I MIGHT update the last chapter around Saturday (Be gone with you chemistry! >.<)