Please It's Just a Nightmare

Leave Me Alone

 

“Yoon Mi, aren’t you coming?” – It was a text from Hae Won, wait… Coming to where? I checked my calendar and I smacked my forehead. Oh ! Yoon Mi, you idiot! How can you forget? Today is Jay’s farewell party, although I planned to attend the party however I believe it’s too late because the party must have ended already, and I had to accompany my grandma shopping at another mall since she came to visit from Holland.

            I was busy waiting for my cousin playing at the arcade while waiting for my parents and my grandma to finish shopping; I pulled out my phone and called Jay. TOOT TOOT TOOT… Please pick up, suddenly I heard a sound of the phone being picked up. It was like a miracle for me to finally talk to Jay during his last day in Seoul, because tomorrow he’s leaving for Seattle in the morning. It’s a shame because his departure is during school day; if it wasn’t then I could at least said goodbye to him for real or should I say IN PERSON.

“Hello? Who’s this?”

“Jay? Can you hear me?” – I answered

“Hold on a sec, it’s crowded in here” Jay said, there was a short pause for a few seconds

“Now what was it you were going to say?” Jay continued

“I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to your party, I really wanted to attend it but I have errands to do” I replied with a tone full of remorse.

“It’s alright, at least you called” – Jay’s answer gave me a slight relief, I’m pretty lucky that he’s a chill guy

“It’s so sad you have to leave, I might miss having you around. School would if you’re not here” – I blushed while talking on the phone

“No way! I won’t be in Seattle forever, I’m still going to visit Seoul during holidays or when I have time. But I promise I’ll be back; we can still talk to each other, right? As long as it’s not by phone, the time difference and phone credit is totally killing me. “Jay chuckled

“I understand” I laughed “Well, that’s all I can say. I’ll talk to you soon when you’re in Seattle, okay? Good luck in Seattle, dude! Bye!” I added

“Sure, feel free to talk when I’m online there. And goodbye to you too” Jay disconnected the line.  For a minute there I thought I would never see him, it’s like there’s a sense of joy knowing that I can still talk to him. I know this may sound cheesy but I’d rather see Jay for a day or at least just one minute rather than not seeing him forever. After I called him, suddenly my dad asked me with whom I was on the phone with. I told my dad he’s my friend, make that best guy friend. I’m lucky my dad didn’t ask if the person I’m talking to is a girl or a guy, if I answered it’s a guy then my dad would’ve sensed something fishy about it.

             The next day, I was at school and I met with Jehan when I was about to head to my class. We happened to meet when I was going to the second floor.

“Eyy…Jehan, what’s up?” I smiled

“Nothin’ much” He replied

“So how’s Jay? When did he leave?” I asked Jehan

“He just left this morning, around 9 AM or something. What? You’re sad ‘cause you didn’t get to say goodbye to him?” He teased

“What? No, I did say goodbye to him yesterday. Although I didn’t get to attend the party..” I said monotonously

“It’s alright, he’s going to come back during the holidays” Jehan answered

“Yeah. I gotta get going now” I said as I head off to my class. Just as I was about to leave the class, suddenly one of my friends told me there was a guy who was looking for me.

“When did he ask you?”

“Around ten minutes ago” my friend told me

“Do you know what he looked like?” I was very nervous because the first thing that came to my mind was the guy that’s looking for me must be Taecyeon. And when my friend told me that she couldn’t remember the person’s face pretty well, fear totally shrouded my mind.

“I didn’t really notice what he looked like” she said “But the only thing I know is that when he came in, suddenly some guys were shouting ‘Taecyeon hyung’ and he turned around then left quickly. I’m guessing that’s his name” she added. Oh , how the hell did he manage to find my class? I NEVER mentioned anything about where my class is or even talked to him lately. This is scary, sometimes I wish I really want to disappear or better yet make Taecyeon disappear instead.

                When I was heading home, the halls were as quiet as a ghost town. I got out late because of an assignment I had to do, my friend already went home first.  There was no one except myself; I was walking while listening to music in my iPod when suddenly I heard sound of footsteps approaching me.

“Who’s there?” I yelled, but there was no answer. I continued to walk and suddenly the footsteps were heard again, I tried to speed up my walking pace instead the footsteps were getting faster. I quickly turned to the right and entered the girl’s bathroom; luckily it was near the stairs so I can go down and get the out of here. I peeked from outside of the bathroom and I saw someone, it’s a tall guy. I could recognize his features, it must be Taecyeon. And I was right; I saw him wandering around the empty halls, what is he doing at this hour? I wondered. I tried to walk out slowly and then Taecyeon turned around, he noticed me! I quickly hid in the girl's bathroom again waiting for him to turn around. When he wasn’t looking, I walked casually downstairs and then he walked slightly fast. He was trying to catch up with me!

“Yoon Mi-ah!” He called me

“Wait up!” He rushed, I was halfway down the stairs and I could feel that he’s only a few meters away from me.  He kept calling me and I scampered as fast as I could until I reached the canteen, next thing I did was trying to catch my breath from all of that running. I couldn’t believe what just happened, it’s like I’m in some sort of horror movie where I was being chased senselessly by the killer.

                    Finally, I was able to reach home safely. That dreadful chase still lingers in my head; I couldn’t forget what I just experienced. I was at the verge of crying when that event played in my mind. But there was one problem: If he saw me today, does it mean that he’ll….. Oh no! I opened my Facebook account in my laptop and noticed that guy is online, and then his message popped up.

“Hi”

“Yoon Mi-ah, I just saw you at school”

“You were alone right?”

“Why did you run away from me?” –  I was terrified as hell. I feel like I want to cry at this point

 

A/N : This one is a pretty quick update, honestly I'm feeling totally sh*tfaced and my mind is a total trainwreck at the moment because of those dang assignments -____-