Epilogue

Leave Me Alone

 

 “Jay, he’s getting close! Step on it!” – Yoon Mi freaked out

“Don’t worry, we’ll get you back soon” – I assured her as I stepped on the gas pedal in order to escape Taecyeon

**

(A/N: This is still in Jay’s POV)

             We were on our way to my home and I was glad that we finally escaped that guy. I wiped the sweat that was running down my forehead, I was in the middle of driving when suddenly Yoon Mi peered through the rear window and she was frozen to her place.

“Jay, I don’t mean to burst your bubble but..” – She stuttered

“What is it? Tell me!” –I was beginning to feel paranoid

“I don’t think you’re gonna like what you see” – she said. I looked at my rearview mirror and noticed there was a pair of bright white headlights behind us. ! It’s Taecyeon! I tried to speed up however it was no use because his car was already next to ours. I couldn’t see his face very well not just because it’s dark and raining cats and dogs, but the windows were tinted so it’s tricky to see him. And then one of the windows rolled down, a man pulled out a gun then he started to shoot the side panel. Don’t tell me he’s going to aim for the gas tank, I thought. I struggled to move faster and successfully escaped him, but then his car was closing in quickly; then I saw Taecyeon rolled down his car window too and they constantly aiming bullets at us, the bullets were flying as fast as the speed of light.

“Get down!” – I ordered Yoon Mi

“But Jay what about..”

“Just do it!” – I raised my tone. But the bullets were still attacking us, and the rear window was broken; I reached for the gun at the front seat and started to shoot Taecyeon’s car. Somehow it’s hard to aim exactly at him since the shots only hit the car’s door, darn it! How am I supposed to shoot him at this rate?! And suddenly the sound of thunder was heard then it began to rain heavily; I ignored the rainwater that kept entering the car from the windows and I shot his car. I successfully shot at one of the headlights and the car’s bonnet, I kept shooting until it was broken and smoke came out. Damn it! I cursed myself when I noticed that I was out of bullets; I tried reloading and aim for the car’s bonnet again until it completely came off. When Taecyeon’s car got close again, I saw something peculiar about him which is he stopped shooting and instead he smirked at me.

“Alright fine, you win but it’s not over yet! Have you checked the back seat?” – He gave an evil laugh

“Whatever, Yoon Mi is fine! At least she doesn’t have to see you ever again, you sick person!” – I scoffed as I drove off.

               I was halfway home; I heaved a huge sigh since everything is over now. No need to worry about that pesky Taecyeon guy! I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone and told Jehan that I’ll be home soon. When I finished calling him then my phone rang again

“This better be important!” – I grunted. “Hello?” I asked

“Hhhh…hhh…” – A sound of heavy breathing was heard from the phone, must be a wrong number! I disconnected the line and the same number called me again.

“Hello?” – Darn! The line was closed again! A few minutes later the phone rang again, I checked the name and it was Nichkhun who called.

“Hey Jay, have you found Yoon Mi yet? I was about to call the police” – Nichkhun answered

“Yeah she’s here, I haven’t check on her yet but we’re on our way to my place” – I replied

“Thank goodness! Wait? Did you say you haven’t check on her yet?” – Nichkhun started to get confused

“What’s going on?”

“You should really check on her RIGHT NOW!” – Khun disconnected the line, and the mysterious number called me again.

“Alright who are you and what the hell do you want?!” – I’m starting to get pissed

“Remember when we were too busy having a shootout an hour ago? I hope you liked the ‘surprise’ in your back seat!” – The guy laughed maniacally and he disconnected the line, this guy must be trolling me again. I smiled lightly because we were already at my house; I parked the car in front of the house and tried to call Yoon Mi.

“Yoon Mi-ah, we’re here!” I said cheerfully but there was no answer. I got out of the car and I was greeted by Jehan with Nichkhun who had a worried expression plastered to their faces.

“I’m glad both of you made it!” Jehan said

“Where’s Yoon Mi?” Nichkhun asked, I opened the back door and noticed that Yoon Mi was still lying down. I’m confused whether if she fell asleep or not so I tried shaking her, no response nor a single twitch. I tried carrying her on my back and went inside; When I was about to lay her on the couch I noticed that my hand felt a bit sticky as I tried to support her head, after she was on the couch I felt like jumping out of my skin at sight of my hand that turned crimson red. Oh no…. I tried to check for her heartbeat but I barely hear a single murmur.

“Nichkhun! Jehan! Quick, get over here!” I yelled from the living room. Both of them rushed to me and I asked them to take me to the hospital. When we arrived at the emergency unit, Yoon Mi’s body was carried by the paramedics in the gurney. I watched as the emergency doors were shut in front of my eyes, I peeked through the door waiting anxiously for results from the doctors as they were taking various tests from her.

“How did it go?” – Jehan asked impatiently

“Not yet” – I tried to keep cool, and then I heard the sound of the doors opened.

“Excuse me, Mr. Park?” – The doctor called

“Yes? Is she alright?” – I asked him nervously; but alas the doctor lowered his head and sighed heavily, he had a sad look on his face.

“What is it?” I was feeling very anxious

“I don’t mean to sound like the Grim Reaper but I believe that she has met her Maker, because she was at death’s door when we ran several tests on her. We tried however, I’m sorry…” – He patted my shoulder lightly. It felt very bitter for me to swallow the fact that Yoon Mi is gone now, Nichkhun nearly shed tears and told me that she was just feeling fatigue then she’ll wake up soon; from the look in his eyes he was trying to deny it, even Jehan tried to calm him down. There was nothing else we could do to save her since it was too late and I was completely devastated.

(ONE WEEK LATER)

                  It’s been a week I’ve tried to forget about what happened when Nichkhun and I were on our way to the cemetery, I glanced at the rear window that used to be broken and it had a small gunshot hole. Today I was supposed to be back in Seattle, but I had to recollect myself from the fateful incident.

“So, aren’t you coming back to Seattle?” – Nichkhun asked while he drove the car, I shook my head vigorously.

“What did you tell them?” – He asked again

“I told my friends and my family there that I have some errand to do before I could go back, probably around 2-4 weeks I’ll leave” – I explained. Suddenly there was a short silence between us and it broke off when my phone rang, it was from the mysterious number again!

“Hello Jay, do you remember who I am?”

“What do you want?” – I asked

“I only wanted to say that I don’t feel any guilt about killing Yoon Mi, besides she cheated on me”- he said calmly

“You jerk! did you know that she was sick of what you did to her? You can’t treat her like some sort of object, why the are you too damn persistent in this thing? You know that she doesn’t want you because of your actions! Leave her alone!” – I raised my tone, and finally the guy disconnected the line. I started to think if I should tell the police about this, luckily I have enough evidence to prove them. When Khun and I tried to explain to the authorities about Yoon Mi’s incident they decided to do a search party in order to catch the culprit, Taecyeon, who was behind all of this. However we waited for months and the police reported to us that there was no sign of him, which is very disappointing for me. Until now Taecyeon’s whereabouts remain as a mystery that is still unsolved until this day.

“Here we are” – Khun said monotonously. We got out of the car and searched for Yoon Mi’s grave; once we arrived there I placed a bouquet of flowers on it.

“I guess this is my fault for letting you like this, I’m sorry” – I lowered my head

“It’s okay, Jay. Just don’t let it get into you” Khun said calmly as both of us walked back into his car. Yoon Mi-ah, don’t worry about me. I’ll be alright, I said to myself.

 

A/N : It's over? Egad.... ;_; I wanna say thanks to those who commented and subscribed to my story *hugs* My next story is going to have a tad bit of fantasy in it, and the band featured in it will be EXO-M. Have a nice day and peace out y'all! :P *P.S : If you've never heard of the word gurney, it's a stretcher that paramedics use ^^v*