Plan B.

Can I Have This Dance? [Discontinued]

 

It’s been a week since I lost my role in ‘Fame’. Because I got fired and Melissa was still recovering from her injuries, Sidney got promoted as lead dancer. At first she wanted to quit, but I didn’t want her to lose this huge opportunity just for me.
 
During that week, I didn’t move from my bed. Jason was free since his training camps started only in a month, so he took care of me, comforted me, fed me… I looked awful. My eyes were red and puffy, my hair was all messy and dirty, and I think I lost a few pounds.
 
The following month, I tried to find a new job. I auditioned for different other musicals but got rejected the instant I stepped in front of the jury. Harris must have told them about what happened and perhaps no one wanted to hire me anymore. Broadway is a smaller circle than you think. Some articles even came out in the daily newspaper. My career was at its worst state. No one wanted to work with me. I was devastated.
 
“What to do Jason?” I cried,
 
He came and sat next to me, hugging me in his muscular arms, “It’ll be okay Sorin. Don’t worry”
 
I shook my head, “No… Nothing will be the same now. Everyone sees me as a that tried to kill her friend. Everyone hates me…”
 
“Don’t say such stupid things! You didn’t do anything. I’m sure they know you’re not this kind of person”
 
“Then why do they keep rejecting me? Even the ‘Winnie the Pooh’ musical didn’t want me this morning”
 
“Just wait and they’ll find out who really did this. Truth always wins”
 
I chuckled at this. I felt like hearing my dad or Hyukkie. At least Jason believed me. I was grateful to him. Even though they didn’t give me back the taste of life, his words really comforted me. A LOT.
 
We heard the sound of keys unlocking the door. A few minutes later, Sidney came into my room. She looked at me and smiled.
 
“Hey” she simply said,
 
“Hi” I gave her a small smile,
 
“How was today?” she asked,
 
I sighed and stayed silent. Jason got up and whispered something to Sidney. She sighed. He must have told her about the Pooh thing.
 
“Jason will you excuse us for a second?” she asked him gently,
 
He nodded and walked out, closing the door behind him. It’s rare that she’d ask Jason to leave. We usually tell each other everything. She must have something real important to tell me. Sidney came toward me and sat on my bed, facing me and holding my hands.
 
“Listen… Sorin… I think it’s better for you to move back to Korea” she said,
 
My eyes widened and I took my hands away from hers. She’s always been straightforward, but I didn’t expect her to say this.
 
“I’m not kicking you out!” she said after seeing my reaction, “It’s just that… You’ve been auditioning for the entire month with no success because of all the crap that Harris has put on your back. And it’s obvious that you won’t find anything until a very long time. It’s becoming a little difficult to feed three persons with the salary of one…”
 
She got a point. We dancers are not paid at the end of the month; we have a weekly salary instead. But since I lost my job and Jason is not working yet, only Sidney brings the money home.
 
“I’ll try to get a job in a café or something…” I said,
 
“Getting this kind of job here isn’t worth it. You’d just waist your talent away. If you go back to Korea you’ll probably get a new job since nobody knows what happened here”
 
What Sidney said is not wrong. Maybe I should move back there. But I didn’t know how to tell my family. I haven’t told them yet since I was hoping for things to quiet down.
 
“I-I’ll consider it…” I simply muttered.
 
Sidney smiled and hugged me, “Whatever happens, I’ll always be by your side sweetie”
 
I hugged her back, “Thanks Sidney. I don’t know where I’d be if you weren’t here”
 
She broke the hug and looked at me, fixing my hair, “Now get some rest okay? It must have been a hard day for you. If even ‘Winnie the Pooh’ rejected me I’d be super mad!” she joked,
 
I laughed, “Okay”
 
She got up and walked out. I lied flat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Should I really leave?
 
I looked at the clock; it was 10AM in Seoul. I took my phone and dialled Hyukjae’s number. The phone rang twice and I hung up immediately. I didn’t know how to tell him what happened. How will he react? He’s going to be so ashamed!
 
I took a deep breath and dialled his number again.
 
Don’t pick up. Don’t pick up. Don’t pick up!
 
“Hey sis! How are you? How’s the musical? Does a lot of people come to see you?” his voice rang happily,
 
My voice caught in my throat, hearing how enthusiastic he was.
 
“Oppa…” my eyes got teary. How can I tell him while he’s so enthusiastic?
 
“Sorin-ah, is everything okay?” he asked in a worried tone,
 
“Oppa I don’t know what to do…” I started crying,
 
“Hey, hey, hey! Sorin-ah, why are you crying?”
 
“I don’t know…”
 
“It’s okay. Calm down. Tell me what’s going on”
 
I told him the entire story while sobbing like crazy. It was the first time I actually told someone what happened. It was Sidney who told Jason. I felt like a heavy weight was being lift off of my chest. I felt relieved, crying all my frustration and sadness out. When I finished, he stayed quiet for a moment before yelling,
 
“THAT BASTARD HARRIS! How can he fire my baby sister and make her cry when she didn’t do anything? I’m gonna kill him!”
 
I chuckled. Definitely what Hyukkie would say in this kind of situation.
 
“Oppa… Should I come back?” I finally asked,
 
I heard him sigh, “Well, I think your friend is right. It would be better and safer for you if you moved. There are great opportunities here too!”
 
“But I don’t think I’ll find a job in Goyang…”
 
“Well you won’t in Goyang. But you definitely will in Seoul! And remember! Your brother is the great Hallyu star Eunhyuk! I can help you!”
 
“You’re right,” I laughed.
 
Well. I guess I’m really leaving.
 
 
 
 
This was a short chapter!
 
Yay! Finally moving!! Our boys will be here soon!
 
Thanks for keeping reading so far. Chu~