Almost there

A little lighter, a little darker

     I sighed, looking in the mirror. The cut was still visiable on my lip where my mother slapped me. Tonight was the last night of this nightmare. I was packing all my best clothes that Kate and I went shopping for. Kate had been busy most of this summer, but we finally reunited and went shopping a few days ago.   

    *~Flashback~*

     She was in shock to see the cut on my lip, but she knew who it was from. She would always sigh and tell me, "Diana. You seriously need to move out of that house. Come live with me and my parents. They would be happy to have you." I would always say to her, "I can't just run away from my problems. They just get bigger."

  Except this time, I just laughed. "Thank you Kate. That means a lot, but i don't think I will be coming back anytime soon." She gasped, "Why?" I grinned, "Because my home is in South Korea, and not just my home, my heart is there." She grinned back and hugged me. "I am so happy you found someone else to love."

   I frowned, "Someone else?" She winked. "I remember how you looked at Tree. You were." I scoffed. "Uh huh. Suure." She giggled. "In denial~" She looked around the shops. "Omg look over there! That dress is so you!" and rushed into the store.

    I covered a laugh thinking, Now how did I not eat her alive before I changed? I went into the store and saw a breath taking dress. Kate beamed and took it off the rack, showing it to me fully. "Totally you right?" She asked excitedly. I walked over to it and touched the fabric. "It's perfect." She winked. "And check it out, it's in a ligher color."

   i playfully pushed her as she laughed. "Well a little lighter doesn't hurt right?" I smirked, "Neither does a little darker right?" She made a face, making me laugh again.

*~End of flashback~*

 

   I looked at the dress with gleaming eyes. I would wear it tommrow, since the gang insited to meet me outside after I had gotten my luggage. I heard my skype start to go off. I went to the computer and a bright smile showed up on my face.

   Kai: Hey beautiful :*

    I giggled and wrote back..

   Diana: Hey butthead ;)

    Kai: :(  Wae?! Not fair!

    I could imagine him pouting at the screen. How I wished to just hug him right now.

   Diana: I miss you! God I bet you look adorible since I know you are pouting.

    Kai: :O  Do you know the future?!

    I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

    Diana: If I could, I would have saved myself from meeting you  ;)

   Kai: Well SOMEONE is cheerful today -.-

    Diana: <3  Yes I am. Want to know why?

    Kai: And why is that?

    Diana: BECAUSE I GET TO SEE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE! ^_^

    Kai:  :D  I get to hold you in my arms again.

      I sighed and then wrote

      Diana: I wish you could.... I need you over here.. and uuhh something about my face has changed

    Kai: What happened?!

     Diana: Don't get mad ok?

    Kai: Maybe. Now tell me.

    Diana: I got slapped and my lip split....

     Kai: ! WHO DID THAT TO YOU?!

    Diana: My mom.. I made her really mad..

    Kai: That's it. I am going to after that woman.

    Diana: You are too nice. Don't do anything. It's fine.. I'm almost home.

     Suddenly Kai wanted to video chat. ".." I cussed under my breath. I sighed. I haden't seen his face for awhile, and I couldn't wait so I clicked the answer button. His face showed up on my screen and I felt my stomach lurge. I wanted to just run to him and hold him tight.

    He gasped when he saw my lip. "She did that to you?" I nodded, for some reason unable to speak. I was so glad my Mom was out, she was on a little date of hers so she couldn't hear. "Ok you are never going back there. Not without me. Got it?" My throat closed up on me. I just gawked at him.

     "Diana? Are you ok?" I just closed my mouth and nodded. I decided to type since my voice has left me a stray.

     Diana: Seeing you made me not able to talk. Thanks...

   Kai looked smug and amused. "It's because of me being handsome right? Knew it. It is too much to handle." That made me scoff, bringing my voice back. "Ok, you killed the sweet, loving boyfriend act." He huffed and crossed his arms. "No... You made me break it." I stuck my tounge out at him.

    " head.." I then added "I miss you so much.." "I miss you too. ." He sighed. "You will be back from North Dakota soon right?" (A/N: Yeppers~ I made Diana from North Dakota. Idk why   xD) I smiled, "I will be leaving in uumm.." I looked at the clock. It was 8:30 now. "I will leave at about 12 AM here to get on my 1:30 AM flight."

     He puffed his cheeks, irritated. "I wish you were here with me. I miss your hugs.. and I have missed you voice." "Plus, you finally got a camera so I could see your face!" I exclaimed happily. He grinned, making me melt on the inside. "Now I get to see your beautiful face." I blushed despite myself.

    "I see you blushing~" I nervously giggled. "No I'm not." "Yes you are~ Ohh I made you blush!" I squealed, "Stop it I did not!" I couldn't help, but giggle when he wiggled his fingers tauntingly. I heard grunting from outside my window. I groaned, "CALVIN! NOT NOW!" I barked in English. Him and the team would sometimes climb into my window when they needed help or got into fights. 

     "Aaww~ Is Jackson talking to her sweet boyfriend~" He made mocking kissy faces. " off dude. You don't know anything." I put on a cold face. "Diana-ah~" I bit my lip and hissed, "Kai not now.." Calvin suddenly pushed me off the chair and put his face into the camera. "HIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" He yelled into the microphone.

     "CALVIN! YOU BASTARD!" I sent Kai a sheepish smile before turning to Calvin. "What do you want pest?!" "Diana!" He whined. "Dude why are you here?! It's late!" "The guys and I need your help!" "Why?" I said narrowing my eyes. I heard Kai whine "What are you guys saying?!"  

     "The guys sent me up to give you a present. We wanted to know if you really like it." I relaxed.. "Oh.." I then punched him in the arm, "DUDE! I thought you guys got into a freakin fight with the Jamison brothers  and their friends again!" Calvin laughed and shook his head. "Not this time. We are good boys." I snorted. "Yeah. Suure." "DIANA!" Kai whined loudly, making me and Calvin look at the screen.

      "Yes, head?" He pouted, "Why is he there with you?!" "He has a present from him and the guys." I pointed to Calvin and then at the screen. "Calvin, this is my boyfriend Kai." I looked at Kai and softened. "Kai, this is my friend Calvin."  Calvin waved. "Sup dude." Kai frowned. "Uhhh hi?" He said in weak English, his face flushed.

      I squealed, "Aww nice try! That was so cute!!" Kai blushed and said in english, "I love you~" It was my turn to blush bright red. For two reasons, he sounded to cute, so sweet and so charming saying that to me in English. Second, he said that to me in front of one of my team mates.

     "HOLY ! YOU MADE DIANA BLUSH!" Calvin exclaimed. I elbowed him lightly in the stomach, "Don't you dare tell the team about this!" I begged. "OUCH!!!" "Don't you dare!" "You'll be gone! You can't do anything!" "I'll flick your adams apple. 

      His eyes widened. "No! Please don't!" I sighed and lightly pushed him. "Fine.. I'll spare you, just this once." He suddenly ran to the screen and said to Kai "OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR MAKING HER SO NICE! I OWE YOU MAN! I LOVE YOU!" I fell back and started to laugh. Kai looked awkward. "Kai, I'll call you back ok? I love you~" He smiled. "I love you more." "No. I love you more." Kai grinned widely. "Write to me when that Calvin guy leaves ok?" I nodded and blew him a kiss. I ended the video chat.

   Calvin was smirking. I scoffed. "Stop doing that. That's my thing." "I have something for you. Come on." I smiled and then patted his arm. "I'm sorry for scaring you. And hey, i'm not THAT nice. The Diana you once knew is still in me." He nodded. "It's alright. You are just proud." I rolled my eyes,  "Ok please just show me the present."

    He laughed and took out a bag. I tilted my head to the side. It was rather large. I opened it and gasped, almost ready to cry. They framed my old jersey, with my name signed on the back, and even a picture of the team when we won the championships. "Thank you." I whispered and hugged him for the first time.

    I knew he was shocked. He hugged me back and patted my back "We are going to miss you when you leave." "I'll miss you guys too.." I said with a sigh. "I'm sure you miss Kai more though." I smiled shyly, "Yeah..."

    He chuckled, "Our rock has now turned into mulsh." I snapped my fingers, "More like hot lava~" He smiled and ruffled my hair, which I let him do for once. "Got to go." he turned to go, but then turned again. "Can you take a picture with me? For Facebook and stuff." I nodded.

    He put his face next to mine and smiled. I just put up a peace sign. He took the picturee, but then pouted. "Smile! Come on Jackson!" I rolled my eyes and softly smiled. He took the picture and grinned. "Great!" "Let's do a serious one, I don't want you guys to forget my 'Death' face."

    "Ohhhh ! You mean your laser beam stare?! You could kill people with that!" He gawfed. "Hence the name 'Death' face, dufus." I said with a smirk. We took the picture. He had on his game face and I mutered up my most serious and dirtiest look. We looked at it and I stared to laugh. Suddenly his phone annouced low battery.

   "LOOK WHAT YOUR STARE DID! IT'S KILLING MY PHONE NOW!" I slapped the back of his head, "Go charge your damn phone!" "U MURDURER!!" "You block head!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(The next morning)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

      I got ready and put on the dress. I looked in the mirror   

 

 

 

 

                          

 

   It had little flowers and had purple. I thought purple was a nice color, it reminded me of my grandmother who loved purple. I smiled in satisfaction and was fully packed. I wrote to Kai on skype, telling him I would be leaving now.

   My mom drove me to the air port without saying anything. I was glad, I didnt want to speak to her since the incident. My mother is known to hold grudges, so if you speak to her while she is angry, you will regret it. We stopped by the door. "Get out." She said without emotion.

    I nodded and grabbed my luggage. I closed the door and looked at her one more time. She wouldn't look at me. "Bye mom.." I said. She nodded, still looking ahead and drove away. I felt my heart sink a little, but shook it off. I then went through secutiry and got into my gate. I took out my Wolverine plushy and softly smiled, cradling it.

   My happiness.. I am now going home. "ATTENTION! GATE 43 IS NOW TO BOARD! GROUP A!" I took a deep breath as I stood up. "Almost there." I whispered.

 

 

**************************************************

 

Ok my computer isn't working and the computer I am on.... Isn't truly my favorite.. If my spelling is not very well.. I am sorry. I was not gifted with spelling  xD  and this computer doesn't allow me to do many things... No color and crazy stuff so... *cries*  but I hope you all enjoy this!!!