Chapter 55: The New Scrapbook

Pretend

"This scrapbook is the witness of my real me............ Everything in this scrapbook is my whole world......my life... Dito umikot ang mundo ko! I became who I am right now....it's because of the emotions that was written inside this book........ When that night happened.....hindi ko alam kung ano ang iisipin ko..... I felt used....pero I tried to pretend na everything is okay for me.... Na kaya ko!.... Na bale wala lang ang nawala sa akin..... but you stayed....and I was thankful of that.....kahit paano...na lift mo ang pagkababae ko..... I guess...my biggest mistake is to ask for more than you can offer..... I started asking... questioning....wanting..... for you to love me back..."...

Kim took another deep breath..... "Natakot akong magdemand.....dahil ayokong mapilitan kang mahalin ako.... iniisip ko.... na it's enough for you to be at my side..... pero I was wrong.... dahil everyday na magkasama tayo...... yung insecurities ko...lalong lumalalim...... My heart was longing for the three words......."...

Kim look at Gerald..........her heart melted....... He looks like a lost boy who was about to cry.....he's frowning......but not mad..... he looks confuse.....but patiently waiting......

She neared herself to him....and laid her head on his lap...... Gerald quickly put the pillow on her head.....and fix the strains of hair out of her face......

Kim grinned........ pano ba niya matitiis ito.........
" The day I ditched you on our wedding day....... It's the same day....I died... And the day that I've learned...na umalis ka na........nagsisi ako......but I know.... I was too late...."...

Gerald grab her hand.....and kiss her fingers........ Kim's started to relax........ "The day you came back..... hindi ko alam kung saan ko ilalagay ang sarili ko..... but when I saw the anger in your eyes..... natakot ako for myself.... Dahil..I know in my heart.... My love never died.... and.......the only thing that was left with me.. is my pride...dahil...my heart was never mine anymore......you kept it in your hands all this time........ Kaya everytime na tinatakot mo ako....... I pretended to be tough....and tried to lift my pride..... pero deep inside..... i know...i'm hurting myself too...".....

She heard Gerald taking a deep breath.......alam niyang gustong-gusto na nitong magsalita..........but he was still patiently waiting for her.....

"And then..... pinuno mo nga ako ng "I love You's"..... natakot naman akong ibalik sa iyo.... dahil sa lahat ng nangyari sa atin.....hindi ko na sigurado....kung kaya ko ulit isugal ang lahat..... natakot akong masaktan ulit..... Ang hindi ko nare-realize..... na matagal ko nang sinasaktan ang sarili ko....".... Her eyes started to moistened....

Gerald massage her forehead.........

Kim close her eyes...... "then...you gave me the twins...".... a smile formed in her lips.....

Gerald was taken by Kim's look..... she was so damn pretty....even just releasing a simple smile.......

"You made my life complete...... by giving me the two angels in my life..... And I thank you for that!"....Kim look at Gerald......

Gerald gave her a kiss in the forehead........telling her...that she's welcome...

"tapos.....here comes the unplanned wedding........ Ginulat mo ako..... .. Natakot akong....babalik na naman tayo sa umpisa....where...everything...happen in the instance.... at baka...nabibigla ka lang ulit... ayokong gawin mong excuse ang kambal...para mahalin ako... I want a love thats pure...and real.... Yung galing sa iyo.... at hindi dahil sa sitwasyon natin!"......

"b-but......"....Gerald was protesting.....pero hindi niya naituloy......

Kim grabbed his head....and pulled him....against her lips...... .... The kiss lasted for a while....... wala sanang balak bitawan ni Gerald si Kim..... but kim pushed him away.....

"Sabi ko sa iyo....huwag ka munang magsasalita..eh....baka hindi ko matapos ang sasabihin ko..."...she said...

Magsasalita sana ulit si Gerald.....pero gusto muna niyang marinig ang sasabihin ni Kim.... Aba!... this is once in a lifetime event....where...he could hear Kim's heart out..... He nodded...

Kim grabbed the other scrapbook in the bottom of the bed.....

Ngayon lang napansin ni Gerald...na may isa pang scrapbook........it was the scrapbook he gave to her...when he propose.....on the rooftop.....

Kim open the first page....... There's a picture of him.....while holding the twins........basang-basa siya ng pawis sa picture....at parang takot na takot.......

"Kailan yan?"...hindi mapigilang tanong ni Gerald....

"That's the first time you changed Baby Gerald's diaper.....tapos iyak naman ng iyak si Baby Kim Emerald....... I saw how you wanted to carry both of them....pero takot na takot ka....kaya nagpatulong ka kay Kuya Vhong.....tapos nung makarga mo na ang dalawa.....for some reason....baby Kim Emerald...just stop crying...... ".... she turned to another page.....

A picture of him sleeping in a small couch.....in the hospital........

"Parang torture naman ang itsura ko diyan..."...he complained...

Kim chuckled.... "Torture talaga......pero....ni hindi mo man lang ininda ang hirap mo...dahil tulog na tulog ka pa rin........"... Kim held his face.... "Alam mo ba kung ano ang nagpagising sa iyo diyan?...."...

Gerald tried to think.....pero hindi niya maalala....

"Baby Gerald's cry....... isang ingit lang..... bumalikwas ka na kaagad.....and carried him.....".... kwento ni Kim...... "You are a very good father..."