Chapter 38: Why Me?

Pretend

Gerald took a deep breath.....as he watch Kim walking along the living room........

Kakarating lang niya galing ng school........

He couldn't help but to smile........

Kim fits her pregnancy......kahit malaki na ang tiyan nito.......her face were more beautiful.....bagay na bagay dito ang pamumula ng pisngi......

How long was it been..........Kim was on her 9 months......anytime now.....their baby can come out.....

May progress na ba regarding your relationship?........progress?...........wala!....it was still the same.......ganon pa rin..........

Up to now!!....he's still scared to ask her...........

He remembered how his mom wanted to go home in the philippines........ito na raw ang manliligaw kay Kim for him........but tinakot niya ito.....he said na if she does that....there's a big chance that they will all lose Kim and the baby.........kaya.....napakalma niya ito.....

But his mom makes sure that she will go home....when Kim gave birth...........and plus...he promise his Mom ...that he will finish his school.......kaya ngayon....student na naman ang dating niya.....

Meanwhile.....

Kuya Vhong were more excited than they were.....puno na ng damit pangbaby ang isang closet na pinagawa pa nito...para daw sa pamangkin nito....

Kuya Vhong also make sure the Kim's room is ready for the baby.......... Kim's room?........ yap....it's still Kim's room.........

Kahit hirap na hirap na siya.....at nadaig niya pa ang mga pari sa Cathedral...........he didn't dare to touch Kim again......

He kept his promise.......na he will make everything right...before he will ever lay his hands on Kim again.....

The only problem is........he didn't have a nerve to ask Kim for marriage......... 
...........yes...they Kiss.........yes...they hug....... yes....there's a petting........but that's it.......pakiramdam niya ay isa siyang santo....

It hurts him a lot to stop the fire that's been started.......but he was able to do it!!

Eh hanggang kailan naman kaya ang drama mong ito?........forever?.........siguro nga.....baka forever na siyang maging santo!.........waaahh...wag naman!!

Gerald took another deep breath......

He remembered the first time that baby moved........he jumped out of bed.....and put his head on Kim's belly........ he felt the movement again....... HE was so excited that he even tried to talk to Kim's belly...........

He made a habit to talk to Kim's belly.....he make sure that baby will hear his voice everynight........

And as the days past......Baby's kicks became harder and harder.........and he could see how Kim's tummy deforms once in a while...... Minsan naaawa siya kay Kim....dahil nakangiwi ito habang gumagalaw si baby....kaya minsan pinapagalitan niya ito...... "Baby......mommy's hurting...stop that!!".... and for some miracle........or maybe...baby understands his Daddy......baby will stop moving..... "That's my baby!!"....he will say....and will held Kim's belly......

There's also nights when Kim will wake him up in the middle of the night.........screaming in pain....... He will jumped out of bed....and start carrying her outside the room....but kim will stop him....kasi her foot were just cramping.........

Those nights were torture.....pakiramdam niya ay magkakaheart attack siya......... What more if it's the ....actual day....

He can't even handle it....everytime he sees Kim in pain..... Pano pa kaya kung naglalabor na ito....

He even have stocks of books for how to take care of a baby.......his favorite was ..."books for the dummies....how to become a daddy!".......... eveything in the book freaks him out.........but he will keep reading it.....kahit pinagpapawisan siya sa mga nababasa niya......

And now....the anticipation....was getting stronger........everytime he was finish with his last class.......nagmamadali siyang umuwi....he wants to make sure the he was on her side....when her water broke....or when she starts feeling pain...... He wants her to feel....na hindi siya aalis sa tabi nito......

Kim saw him by the gate........."Ge!!".....her face lighten up...........para itong bata na inabutan ng kendi........ Yun lang ang consolation niya........na he knows for the fact that he is special indeed for Kim.....Okay na iyon.!!..........kaya?.........oo okay na iyon!!

Abot tenga ang ngiti niya na sinalubong ito.....he kiss her on the lips.......... and kiss her belly....."How's my baby?.....did you took a good care of your mommy?....".....he said.....

Para namang naexcite si baby.....and he could see Kim's belly starts to deformed again........and baby starts moving inside.......

Napangiwi si Kim......"Aray!!.....Kanina pa iyan! Galaw ng galaw......... ang lakas manipa!!".......sumbong ni Kim.....

Gerald held Kim's belly....."It's okay now....baby.....Daddy's home!!"...

Then in instance.........baby moves lesser.......na para bang naramdaman nito ang init ng palad niya........

He kneeled in front of Kim.....and put his ears on Kim's belly........trying to listen.........

"Hoy!! Guy and Pip!!........pwede ba sa loob na kayo ng kwarto ninyo......Hindi na kayo nahiya...nakalulon ka na nga ng pakwan......diyan pa rin kayo sa harapan naglalampungan!!"....sigaw ni Kuya Vhong......

Natatawang iiling-iling si Kim...ng mapansin ang dala niya....

"Ge?......ano yang dala mo?"........Kim asked excitedly.....

Gerald stood up....... "Lechong manok! I think mas safe ito kesa sa Lechong baboy.....baka mahighblood ka pa don!!"......

"Wow!! Tara kainin na natin....."...yaya ni Kim dito.....

Hanggang sa pagkain..........Gerald makes sure that Kim will eat a lot.......ngayong dalawa na silang kumakain........kailangan niyang masiguradong....Kim is eating enough.....

Minsan ....he was even feeding her literally........kapag umaayaw na ito sa pagkain........."Isang subo pa!!......sige na.........malapit na maubos ang pagkain mo oh!!.........for baby......please!!".....Kapag nakita na siya ni Kim na nakikiusap.......she would be obligued to do it........

Kung tutuusin.........para na rin silang magasawa............well.........minus the "love making"......and the "I Love you"...part..............but what the heck............as long as he's part of her life...........it's okay.......

Kim on the other side........was feeling guilty as day goes by............pakiramdam niya....ay ang daya-daya niya..........

"Ge?"........

"Hmmnn?"....he was finishing up his food....

"Why me?".....she asked...

Gerald frowned..... "What do you mean?".....naguguluhang tanong nito....

"I mean.....why me?.... I don't think I deserve this!!"...she said.......

Gerald look at her........"Kim.........even how many times you tried to push me away...... I will still keep coming back...... And even how many times you tried to get rid of me............ It will never happened..... Too bad!!!.........para akong masamang damo........ kahit ilang ulit mong patayin........I will still grew back......and will grew more........ Ikaw lang ang nagiisip na hindi ka deserving mahalin........but you're wrong..... dahil I have to thank God everyday.....kasi ibinigay ka niya sa akin!!..... I can't ask for more.....dahil.....tama na sa akin na malamang....importante rin ako sayo!!..".....

He reach for her.....and guide her on his lap...... fix the strains of hair fell on her face......."And I don't want to pressure you on anything!!! Hindi ako nagmamadali!!... Like what I've said before.... I have my whole life...to show to you na mahal kita!! At hindi magbabago iyon!! I can wait....until you're ready!! Kaya...wag ka nang magalala......kasi.....Kim......".....he paused...

Kim look at him in the eyes......

"I........."....stop it Gerald.....don't pressure her!!........"Ang bigat mo na!!"......he said instead.....

Kim pouted her lips.........."bastos!! ".....she was going to stand up........when Gerald stopped her.....

"Joke lang!! ang y-y mo nga eh!! Tignan mo....saan sila makakakita ng ganyang katawan!!".......he said ...

Binatukan siya ni Kim......"SIge....mang-inis ka pa!! Kapag nakapanganak ako......makikita mo!!! Babalik ulit ang figure ko!!".....

"Sinabi mo eh!! ...Wala na akong angal don!!".........he said mockingly.....

"Nangiinis ka eh!!"......angal ni Kim....... She felt the baby move......medyo napalakas ang sipa nito...."aray!!"....

Gerald even felt it on his side......."Sorry.....nagalit na kaagad ang baby ko!! Binibiro ko lang si Mommy!!"....kausap nito sa tiyan niya......

Kim smiled..........she thank God....that He gave Gerald to her........