The Mysterious Singer On Stage

Unfair Popularity

"G.NA unnie!" the girls screamed, "WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU NO MATTER WHAT!"

"G.NA!" the boy yelled, "WE LOVE YOU! YOU CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE ONE OF US AS YOUR KINGKA!" Omo, I wonder how the news that I wanted a kingka got so fast! G.NA thought, giggling to herself. She found IU, talking to two girls and handing them money. G.NA raised an eyebrow as she walked up faster to IU.

"Ya, IU," G.NA called. IU jumped and turned around.

"Yikes!" IU squeaked, "Um, Annyeong~"

"Don't 'hi' me!" G.NA said, "Why were you paying them money? Were you getting bullied? Gosh, I can't believe it. I thought we were friends! You were supposed to tell me these things--"

"G.NA unnie! I'm fine!" IU laughed, "I just payed them for spreading the gossips and rumors around. You know who they are: The Gossip and Rumor Queens."

"I thought I was the queenka, though?" G.NA asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You are the overall queenka, but they are like your princesses. Get it?" IU asked. G.NA mouthed an 'O' as she nodded, putting her index finger on the bottom of her lips. She grinned and smiled.

"How much did you pay them? And who are they?" G.NA asked, watching the two girls who just got payed by IU walking away.

"I payed them $20 and the girls are usually known as the 'Gossip Twins.' They really look alike, but they aren't. The one at the left is Yoona, while the one at the right is Yuri."

"$20?!!? Don't you think that's too little?" G.NA asked. IU smiled.

"Don't worry, unnie! They would ask for more money if they wanted," IU winked as G.NA sighed in relief. The two girls smiled and entered the school. Realizing that the hall was empty, they looked around, trying to find someone.

"Omo, I wonder where everyone is!" IU whispered, noticing how quiet the halls were.

"Are we at the wrong school?" G.NA asked worriedly.

"No, not at all. If we were, then there won't be anyone calling your name outside of school," IU pointed out, turning.

Suddenly, the two heard blaring music two halls away from them. IU signaled G.NA to follow, while she obeyed. The two quietly crept closer to the music, noticing how loud the music was. They heard girls screaming louder and louder. They arrived at the noisy room, entering it.

"Who's that?" G.NA asked, covering her ears and shouting. They had just spotted a guy on stage, holding a microphone.

"WHAT BAT?!" IU shouted.

"I SAID WHO'S THAT?!?!?!" G.NA yelled loudly as IU shrugged.

"I THINK HE'S A NEW STU--" Before IU could finish, she gasped as a couple of girls pushed her aside.

"MOVE IT!" the girls shouted angrily, trying to approach the very front of the stage.

"EXCUSE ME!?!" G.NA scoffed, practically shouting at one of the girl's ear. The girl glared at G.NA and pushed her even harder, running towards the stage.

"Girls don't show any respect towards me," G.NA mumbled to herself, rolling her eyes to the floor. No matter how hard G.NA tried to find IU, she was nowhere to be found. Great, she thought, I'm lost with a bunch of girls fan-girling over that guy on the stage. Just who is he? G.NA thought, glaring at the guy. She made eye contact with the mysterious man. She slowly raised her hand horizontally, pretending to slice her neck as she gritted her teeth. The man looked threatened. Nevertheless, he pretended that he never seen such a thing.

The microphone moved towards his lips, as the guy took a deep breath. He glanced at G.NA once more, and then closed his eyes lightly, the other hand on his chest. Then, he started singing. Well, technically, he continued singing. G.NA stopped staring at the guy with hate and stared at him with awe. His voice… gosh, it's so perfect! G.NA thought, slowly smiling. The man made eye contact with her once more. Once he did, G.NA immediately frowned. The man looked shocked at how G.NA was staring at him. 

After a few minutes, the song ended. Fans cheered even louder, blowing kisses to the man. One girl ran up to him on stage, grabbing his hand with her two little hands.

"I LOVE YOU, BRIAN OPPA!" the girl squealed as she was dragged down by others. However, the other girls tried to get up and follow Brian, trying to touch him. Brian, huh, G.NA thought, I'll remember that name.

"THERE SHE IS! THE BEAUTIFUL QUEENKA!" the boys shouted, pointing at G.NA. Uh oh… G.NA thought slowly, turning and facing Brian, who was on stage. He seemed alarmed at the bunch of girls trying to reach him. G.NA pushed the other girls out of the way, trying to run away from the group of boys. As much as she wanted to take one more glance of Brian's face, she couldn't. 

Brian, too, however, also left the stage. He headed to the same direction G.NA was going, since he didn't really know the school. The two popular students ran all around the school, trying to hide from their fans. Those who were left behind thought that it was G.NA's and Brian's destiny that they met and got popular. As IU heard this, she began to feel uneasy. I wonder if G.NA would accept such as thought, she wondered, trying to find G.NA.