Surprise Call

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

YG held an unexpected party at NB1 Nightclub to celebrate Dara’s successful debut. Dara, who wasn’t keen on the idea, had no choice but to play along. Almost all of the YG staff members and trainees were present. The club was insanely crowded. Dara sat by herself in the bar area. She observed the atmosphere as she took a sip out of her non-alcoholic beverage.

Little did Dara know, there was another person carefully monitoring her actions. GD sat quietly in a booth not far from the bar; his eyes never leaving Dara’s sight. The rest of the members were drinking to themselves. Jiyong could tell that Dara was extremely bored and the atmosphere made her really uncomfortable. He smirked.

Dara checked the time on her watch. 8:45 pm. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and I’m dying to go home. She was about to go to the bathroom when all of a sudden, CL approached her.

“Unnie! You were great today!” She held her thumbs up. “Aniyo Chaerin-ah! WE were great. Your rapping skills still never fails to amuse me!” Dara beamed. CL blushed. They talked for a good few minutes until Dara had the courage to excuse herself to go to the rest room.

She locked herself inside and stared at her reflection on the mirror. Dara took a deep breath. Reality slowly hits her. She smiled. Her thoughts were interrupted by her ringing mobile; not bothering to look at the caller ID, she cleared and answered the call.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Dara” a voice whispered on the other line.

Dara froze. That voice. It can’t be.

“Donghae?”

“How are you?”

“Uh, I’m… I’m good.” She stuttered.

Donghae sighed. “Let’s meet up.”

Dara pursed her lips and didn’t say anything.

“Meet me at the café near our old school.” He clicked his phone shut.

Dara remained still. What just happened? She wasn’t expecting it at all. Dara felt bad for not keeping in touch. She was mad at herself for ditching her only best friend. She grabbed her things and stormed out of the bathroom.

She looked around the club for YG sajangnim. As soon as she spotted him, she slowly walked over.

“Sajangnim.” Dara bowed. “Thank you for this wonderful party.”

“You should be enjoying yourself Dara.”

“I did have fun but I’m afraid I would have to leave sir.”

The president furrowed his eyebrows and checked the time on his watch.

“It’s only 9 pm. You arrived 45 minutes ago.”

“I agreed to meet a friend whom I haven’t seen for a long time.” She explained.

“Arasso. You did extremely well today. Go home and get plenty of rest. Neh? Don’t forget that you have a schedule in the morning.” He patted Dara’s back.

She smiled. “Neh, sajangnim.”

Jiyong who watched from a distance had a puzzled look on his face. Where is she going?

Dara said her goodbyes to everyone who were present at the club. She just nodded when she passed by Big Bang. As she was about to walk out the door, Taeyang grabbed her hand.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Taeyang laughed. Jiyong positioned himself behind the curtain near the door. Somehow, he wanted to eavesdrop.

“Aish! Oppa! You scared me.” Dara wailed.

“Mianhe. Why are you leaving early?”

“I’m going to meet Donghae.” Dara said flatly.

Jiyong gulped.

“Chincha?”

“Neh. He rang me just then.”

“Arasso. Be safe and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Dara nodded and left quickly.

So she’s meeting with her best friend, Jiyong thought.

Her manager, Jjangmae was responsible for making sure she gets home safely. As Dara got inside the van, she remained quiet.

“Oppa” She tapped Jjangmae’s shoulder.

“Neh?”

“Can we stop by a chicken stew restaurant?”

“Waeyo?”

“I’m going to meet a friend at a café and I want to get him something.”

“Right now?”

“Neh. Is that okay with you?”

“Of course, Dara.” He winked.

Dara found herself lost in deep thoughts. I can’t believe I’m going to meet Donghae.

The van pulled up in front of the restaurant in Hongdae. Yeolbong restaurant is owned by Se7en (one of YG’s successful solo artists). Dara never had the chance to interact with him as she was trained secretly in another building.

The restaurant was extremely packed. Dara sighed knowing that she’ll be late for their meet-up.

“Can I take your order?” the woman behind the counter was busy playing with her phone when Dara approached.

“Can I please have two orders of dak doritang with rice.” Dara said politely.

The woman suddenly looked up and gasped. “Omo!” She shrieked. The customers turned their heads towards the counter.

Dara just nodded.

“Coming right away, ma, ma, ma’am” the girl stuttered. She turned around and ran towards the kitchen area.

Is there something on my face? Dara questioned herself.

The customers eyed her up and down, Dara who was unaware that they were all staring at her turned around.

“Woah! It’s Sandara Park! She debuted today on Inkigayo!” A chinky-eyed man said loudly.

Dara had no idea what to do. She just smiled and nodded. A minute later, the people started to get out of their seats and slowly made their way towards her direction.

Uh-oh. She thought.

The crowd gathered around her were demanding for her autograph.

“You did good today!”

“Congrats, Sandara Park-ssi”

“I wish I could be beautiful as you.” These were some of the compliments she heard. Dara was in complete shock. She only debuted today and people already recognized her.

She signed and took photos with the fans. Several minutes later, the girl at the counter handed Dara’s order.

“Here’s your order Miss Park.” The girl stuttered.

Dara smiled. “Call me Dara. How much is it?”

“It’s on the house.” The girl said nervously.

“Thank you. But before I go, hand me your phone.”

The girl handed her phone to Dara as quickly as possible. Dara took it and opened the camera app. She walked over behind the counter and stood beside her.

The girl was shocked by Dara’s actions. Dara held her hand out.

“Smile!” Dara beamed.

The girl smiled shyly at the camera whilst Dara posed with a peace sign. She took multiple photos. After several minutes, Dara grabbed a CD out from her purse. She handed it and the phone back to its owner.

“Thank you for your service today. Here’s a little something to repay you.” Dara smiled warmly at her.

The girl bowed deeply.

“See you next time.” She said cheerfully. Dara bowed and waved goodbye to the crowd.

The audience were all touched by Dara’s gesture. Most of them complimented how she’s a complete angel.

As soon as Dara left the restaurant, the girl looked at the item that was given to her moments ago. She smiled. It was a copy of Dara’s CD and the best part of it was, the item was signed too. She is now my bias, the girl though to herself.

Dara hesitated to get out of the van. Jjangmae eyed her curiously. “Would you like me to open the door for you?”

Dara shot her head up. Clearly, she was spacing out again. “A-ani oppa. I can manage.” She held her trembling fingers and opened the door. Slowly, she got out.

“I’ll wait here. Take as long as you like.” Jjangmae rested his head on the driver’s seat.

“I won’t take long oppa.” Dara opened the plastic bag she was holding and handed her manager a container of warm food. It was the chicken stew she ordered from the restaurant.

“Enjoy this oppa. You worked really hard today.” Dara bowed.

“Thank you Dara.”Jjangmae said shyly

“Aigoo. Don’t mention it oppa. I’ll be quick.” She closed the door and found herself standing in front of the café. You can do this Dara. She grabbed the door handle and pushed it open.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the entire room. It was surprising that there weren’t many customers around and quite frankly, she was thankful.

Dara scanned the room until her gaze landed on the figure whose back was facing her. She gulped. Out of the blue, Dara could hear her own heartbeat. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? Who are you kidding Dara. Of course you’ll be nervous! You’re about to see your best friend whom you haven’t seen for years! Dara snapped out of her conscience and gently hit her forehead using her palm. “You’re so stupid Sandara Park.” She took baby steps towards the figure and pursed her lips.

“Donghae.” She croaked.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovely, lovely readers!~ ^^. I just realised I haven't updated since February T_T.  I would like to apologise for not updating regularly. I've been busy with my university degree >.< Hope you're all well. ^_^v Will have another update later tonight~ So please look forward to it ^^ Hengsho~ <3

 

- J