Forgiveness

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

As soon as Dara got in Donghae's car, the two talked like there was no tomorrow. It made her happy how they're both close again.

"Where would you like to eat?" Dara asked.

"Anywhere that floats your boat." He chirped. 

"You know that I'll end up taking you to a ramyun shop right?" She giggled. 

Donghae shook his head. Throughout the years they've been best friends, he knows how much Dara loves ramyun to the point where he actually thinks that it is her food addiction. Dara can eat as many yet she never gains weight. 

"Fine." Donghae rolled his eyes. 

Dara clapped her hands happily. She always gets excited whenever she has the chance of eating her favourite food. They both drove around Hongdae but seemed like all of the restaurants were closing. Donghae decided to drive her to a convenience store instead and purchase it from there. They then decided to go to the Han River. 

Donghae held Dara's hand and guided her to the bench not far from where they parked. 

"Let's eat here."

Dara nodded and immediately attacked her ramyun. 

"Whoa! Slow down missy!" Donghae exclaimed with wide eyes.

Dara ignored him and continued to eat. 

"You'll choke if you don't eat slowly."

Still, no reaction from Dara.

"YAH!" Donghae shouted.

Dara jumped and threw a deathly glare at her best friend. She grabbed the bottle of water Donghae was holding and drank the whole content. "Mianhe. I'm just a little bit hungry." She patted her belly.

"A little bit? It looks like you haven't eaten for days." He chuckled. 

"Aish! I had practice all day. I never knew it would be this hard to become an artist." She sighed.

"Get used to it ahjumma. To be honest, I never knew you would be an idol." He winked.

"Yah! Who are you calling an ahjumma! And what's that supposed to mean?" Dara pouted.

"I guess I never knew you had a hidden talent." Donghae laughed.

"Aish." She playfully hit his arm.

"So how does it feel like working with Big Bang?"

"It's okay. They're not bad actually." She said non-chalantly.

"Even Kwon Jiyong?" Donghae stared at her.

Dara grabbed a kimbap and sighed. "I know what he did to me back then was horrible but to be honest, I've completely forgotten all about it." 

Donghae's mouth dropped. He can't believe how easily Dara forgave the person who humiliated her.

"Well, I still haven't forgiven him" He said through gritted teeth.

Dara stopped chewing and looked up to meet the eyes of her best friend. She saw anger and disappointment. She immediately stood up and sat beside him wrapping his arms around his shoulder and leaned on him.

"Oppa, forget about it neh? We were young and clueless. Besides, I don't interact with them as they're busy with their own schedules and what not." 

"Are you crazy? He was a jerk and I still blame him for making you leave." Donghae insisted.

"Aniyo oppa. I left because I was facing family troubles at the time and I wanted to protect you. I know revenge comes handy now that I'm in the same company as him but to be honest, I'm not planning on it." 

"You're too kind Dara." Donghae sighed.

She smiled. "I don't want to cause any tension between you two. They're not as bad as you think they are. So let's forget the past neh?"

"Okay." Donghae muttered.

Dara knew that Doghae still holds grudges against Big Bang. She took notice of this ever since he debuted. She took note how he wouldn't go near or even greet Jiyong whenever Big Bang and Super Junior are in the same weekly music shows or attending special events.

"Oppa, you can't stay mad at him forever. He might be an but he has changed a lot." Dara continued.

"How do you know?"

"Ever since Big Bang made their debut, I saw how much he cared for his fans. I knew instantly that he is a genuine person after all despite the cold aura he always seems to carry whenever he's around. Besides, I already gave him a good slap when he humiliated me and I know for a fact that he feels guilty for what he did." Dara laughed awkwardly.

"A slap wouldn't fix anything. He needs to apologise." Donghae whispered. 

"I know oppa but I couldn't care less. Right now, I'm just thankful that you and I are back to being our old selves." She looked up towards the sky. 

Donghae realised what she was trying to say and sighed.

"Alright, I forgive him." Donghae muttered finally giving in.

Dara smiled and pinched his cheeks. "Good boy"

"But I want you to know that I'll protect you from now on. If he or the rest of the members try to do anything stupid to you again, I'll be there to kick their pretty asses." Donghae mumbled.

Dara tried to suppress her laughter.

"What's funny?" Donghae asked bewildered.

"You said their asses are pretty!" She collapsed on the bench and laughed hysterically.

"Yah! Such a child!" Donghae couldn't help but laugh at his own silliness. 

The two had so much fun talking about their personal lives. They even discussed their music agencies and compared which one was better. Both even agreed to visit each other's dorms whenever time permits them to. 

It was nearly midnight when Donghae decided to take Dara home.

"We should go. It's getting late." 

Dara nodded.

After 15 minutes of driving, Donghae pulled over infront of Dara's dorm. He unbuckled her seatbelt. 

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"Neh, oppa. I have schedules for the next two weeks." She pouted.

"So kyeopta!" Donghae and pinched her cheeks. "Well, we'll catch up again when you're not too busy."

"Thank you for today oppa, and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Donghae froze. 

Dara got out of the car and waved. 

Before Donghae lost sight of Dara, he cleared his voice and rolled down his window. "If you need anything, I'm just a phone call away."

"Arasso." She called out. 

Donghae waited until she got inside of her apartment. He remained still and slowly touched his cheek where Dara kissed it. He could feel his cheeks burning and also hear his heart beating frantically. He smiled and shook his head before starting the engine and head home. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wassap~! I'm finally done with my first semester of college~ clap~ clap~! Time flies!! >.< Hello 5 weeks of vacation!! ^_^ Anyway, hope you like the update. ^^* 

 

- J