Nerves

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

Jiyong checked the clock displayed on the wall of the rehearsal studio. 4:56 pm. “I need to be at the venue in an hour” He thought. Upon hearing the news, he did everything to keep HER out of his mind. But no matter how hard he tried, he still failed to do so.

“I bet she won’t even recognise me. Or maybe she will? After what I did to her…” Jiyong’s face fell. The memory from the past still haunts him every day. He knew deep down that he shouldn’t have done it and boy, does he feel guilty about it.

Jiyong clearly remembers the day after the incident. The girl was the talk of the whole school. Dara got fed up and dropped out way before school finished for the day. She was popular in their year mainly because she was known as “Donghae’s bestfriend” but apart from that, hardly anyone knew her personally. Jiyong, who happened to be in class at the time, stared out the window. He saw Dara heading towards the school gates. The figure walked slowly with her head hung low. Bruises that she received from the day before were clearly visible all over her body. “I’m such a bad person” Jiyong told himself. As soon as Dara reached the gates, somehow, Jiyong was expecting her to turn around, But she didn’t. The figure kept on walking and that was the very last time he saw her.

“You can do this Jiyong,” He breathed. He practiced a little bit more at the rehearsal studio when he was interrupted by TOP, who stood silently by the door.

“Let’s go, Ji. Teddy hyung is waiting for us.”

Jiyong sighed. “I’ll just get ready.”

TOP noticed that GD was acting really weird ever since he found out about the new rookie. GD clearly wasn’t his normal self. But TOP soon realised that his friend still feels bad for what he did a couple of years back.

The ride to the SBS compound didn’t take long. Big Bang was amazed to see the long line of fans waiting their turn to get inside the studio. Most of them were boys.

“Wow! Sajangnim didn’t even give her any promotions yet she attracted a lot of male fans today!” Daesung exclaimed.

“It’s funny how they don’t even know what she looks like.” TOP said coolly.

“But we don’t either. I don’t remember her face.” Seungri pointed out.

What Seungri said was true, all of the members except for Taeyang and Jiyong, have no idea what she looked like. The last time they’ve seen her was when she was humiliated by Jiyong. TOP, Daesung and Seungri never saw her face because she had her back turned to them when she slapped Jiyong at the time of the incident.

“We’re here.” The chauffeur announced happily.

Big Bang got out of the car one by one and were greeted by screaming fans. They waved, smiled and signed autographs. A few minutes passed by and they found themselves standing in front of the new rookie’s dressing room.

Jiyong was thankful that the door was closed. Teddy, YG’s most amazing producer E-V-E-R eyed the boys curiously and wondered why the boys were hesitant to go in. “Are you lot just going to stand there? Or would you like me to open the door for you?” He raised his eyebrows at them.

“Uh, we’re just nervous hyung.” Daesung chuckled.

Dara froze when she heard murmurs outside her dressing room. “Ottoke! It must be Big Bang.” She thought.

She just finished her hair and make-up and was about to get changed to her stage outfit. She grabbed the clothes hanging on the rack as quickly as possible and turned to her stylist. “Unnie, I’ll  go get ready now,” She smiled. Her stylist nodded and told her to hurry up. Dara was thankful that there was another door leading out of her dressing room without being seen by Big Bang. She locked herself inside the restroom stall. Dara could feel her heart beating fast. “Why am I like this?” She questioned herself. “I am so nervous.”

About 15 minutes later, she finally had the guts to come out of the restroom and head back to her dressing room. Again, she was thankful for not having to see her seniors.

“Ya, Dara, your seniors just left 5 minutes ago.” The stylist said flatly.

Dara just nodded.

“They’re acting weird today. It seems as if they’re nervous about something.” Lee Jae Wook, one of YG’s choreographers, said.

Dara had a smile forming on her lips. “They should be” She thought. A minute passed and a faint knock was heard on the other side of the door. It was the show’s producer, telling Dara that her debut stage will start in 7 minutes and that she needs to be at the backstage area in less than 4 minutes.

Dara nodded politely and asked her make-up artist to do the final touches before going onstage. Her team wished her luck. As she was about to head backstage, she caught a glimpse of two familiar faces standing at the doorway.

“OMMA!! APPA!!” Dara yelled and practically ran to them.

“My baby!!!” her mother widened her arms, welcoming Dara to an embrace.

“Our daughter looks so pretty!” Ji-Hyo cried.

Dara’s appa, Gary, started to tear up alongside his wife. “You look beautiful, my dear.” He sniffed, pulling Dara into a tight hug.

“I’m so glad you both came today. Thank you omma and appa.”

“Yah! There’s no way in the world that we would miss our daughter’s debut stage!” Ji-hyo playfully slapped Dara’s arm.

Dara winced in pain. “Omma!!”

It has been a while since Dara saw her foster parents. Ever since she got into YG, she was kept busy most of the time. She lived by herself at a small dorm provided by Sajangnim. She only got to see them twice a month and would only communicate through daily phone calls and text messages.

The producer came again and told Dara that she was needed backstage. Dara hugged her parents. “There are seats reserved for you. Follow my manager.” She told her parents.

Her parents turned around and saw a chubby chinky-eyed man beckoning them to follow him.

“Good luck honey!” Ji-hyo giving her daughter words of encouragement.

“Fighting!” Gary pumped his fists in the air.

Dara nodded and ran towards the backstage area.

As soon as Dara was out of her parents sight, they followed her manager who ushered them to their seats. Little did they know, they were seating right beside Big Bang.

Big Bang on the other hand, could not stay still on their seats. “What’s taking so long?” TOP snapped. “That idol group bores me.” Seungri huffed. “I’m hungry” Daesung whined. A couple ran past them and took their reserved seats.

“Never knew the rookie attracted the elderly as well.” TOP smirked. Daesung and Seungri heard their hyung’s remark and both were in hysterics. G-Dragon busily played with his phone whilst Taeyang looked at the couple and soon realised they were Dara’s parents. He smiled.

After several minutes, the guest host, Song Joong Ki walked towards the centre of the stage.

“Annyeong haseyo yeorubun, je ireumeun, Song Joong Ki immida.” He bowed deeply. “As you all know, tonight is a special night for a new rookie artist…”

Jiyong and the rest of Big Bang froze on their seats. “This is it.” He thought.

“Are you ready to meet her?” Song Joong Ki asked the crowd. “NEH!” They shouted back.

“Ok. Ok. Hold your horses everyone. I now present to you, the new rookie of YG Entertainment, Miss Sandara Park!”

Then, the lights went out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello my lovely readers!! I deeply apologise for not updating as often as I should be. I’m currently preparing for my freshman year in college and I’ve also been busy working at my part-time job. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. And please look forward to the next one~! ^.^

Much love xx

- J.

P.S: Congratulations to Big Bang for successfully completing their Alive World Tour! We are all so proud of you! But… I bet Sandara unnie is even more proud considering she attended the 3 final concerts. Very supportive *coughs* girlfriend… err, I mean noona. ^.* ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Have a great day everyone~ Take care! ^.^