I Found My Best Friend

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

[Inside Super Junior’s Dorm]

“I’m so tired from rehearsal today!” Shindong plopped himself down the bean bag. “Those steps are harder than I thought.” Ryeowook gasped for air. Heechul, Yesung, Eunhyuk and Kangin passed out on the floor. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were busy making snacks in the kitchen whilst Siwon and Donghae sat lazily on the sofa.

“Turn on the TV. Inkigayo is on.” Donghae ordered. Siwon looked at Donghae. “Waeyo? I thought you don’t like music shows?” Donghae glared at Siwon. “Aish! Just do what I asked you to.”

Siwon grabbed the remote and the TV. He made sure the volume was low as he didn’t want to wake up the tired members. Donghae yawned and closed his eyes.

“And now the moment you’ve been waiting for yeorubun!” Donghae heard the host say out loud. He kept his eyes closed. “This week’s Inkigayo winner is SANDARA PARK!”

Did he just say Sandara Park? He furrowed his eyebrows and fluttered his eyes open. Immediately, he sat up and focused his eyes on the TV. He gasped.

Siwon glanced at a very shocked Donghae. “Hyung? What’s wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost.” “D-D-Dara?” He stuttered. “You know her?” Donghae nodded.

Donghae hasn’t seen Dara ever since the incident took place. He tried multiple times to contact her but she never picked up his calls or reply to his messages. One day, he stormed off to Dara’s home only to find it vacant. He was so angry at her for not saying goodbye.

[Flashback]

“Ahjumma, please give us 2 more weeks and we’ll be able to pay rent.” Ji-Hyo was on her knees and continued to beg the elderly lady who stood in front of the door.

“Yah. You and your husband always have the same excuse. I think it’s time to come up with another one!” The ahjumma shouted.

“Please ahjumma.” Ji-Hyo sobbed. Gary and Dara tried their best to calm her down.

“Poor and ugly people like you should be living in the streets!” The ahjumma snapped.

Dara heard her remark. Who does she think she is? She spun her head and stood infront of her parents. Ji-hyo held her arms trying to stop her but Dara pushed the away.

“What did you say?”

“I’m just telling the truth. You poor lot do not deserve a home. You can’t pay rent and can’t even get a stable job. Maybe because your parents are ugly that’s why no one is reluctant to hire them!” The ahjumma snorted.

Dara felt her blood boil.

SLAP!

“Listen here! How dare you call my parents such horrible names! You have no idea how hard they work everyday!” Dara hissed. “You make me sick!” She said through gritted teeth.

“Dara yah.” Ji-Hyo tugged her daughter’s arm.

The ahjumma stared at her.

Dara helped her omma and appa up the floor. “Appa, pack our bags.” Gary nodded  and quickly dragged Ji-Hyo into their main bedroom. After several minutes, they came out with their personal belongings.

Dara headed out the door with her parents following her from behind.

The ahjumma raked her hair in frustration.

“You’ll regret this one day you brat!” She shouted.

Dara spun around. “No. YOU will. What goes around comes around.” She snapped. “And oh, I feel sorry for your children. Must be a shame for them to have a mother who lacks manners and who does not know how to treat other people well.”

[End of Flashback]

Donghae kept his gaze on the TV screen. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk entered the room with trays of food. “Who is she?” Leeteuk turned to Siwon. “YG’s new rookie.”

Donghae stared at the figure on the TV. God, she looked beautiful. Kyuhyun watched Donghae’s unreadable expression. “Hyung, do you know her?” Donghae nodded. “She’s my bestfriend.” “Oh.” Kyuhyun scratched his temple.

Leeteuk sat beside Donghae and rested his head on his shoulder.  “She’s the one you’ve been looking for?” He whispered.

Donghae sighed and nodded at the same time.

[Flashback]

Dongahe ran across the school hallway. "Dara, where are you?" He checked every single room of the school but she was nowhere to be found. He felt bad knowing that he wasn’t there when she needed help. Where are you?

A group of girls huddled together and walked past him. “She’s finally gone.” He heard the girl burst into laughter. “So pathetic. And to think she’ll complete senior year.” Another one scoffed. “Jiyong oppa did the right thing.” A girl exclaimed.

Donghae stopped walking.

“Omo! It’s Donghae oppa!” A girl shrieked.

“Yah! You girls need to stop being brats!” He hissed. The girls pretended to be deaf. “Oppa, we weren’t being serious.” She flashed him a smile and trailed a finger around his neck.

Donghae slapped her hand away. “Don’t touch me. If I ever hear you girls talking about my best friend again, I’m going to make sure you don’t complete your senior year either!” He roared. The girls gasped in unison.

He walked away quickly. "Dara, where are you?"

[End of Flashback]

“Why don’t we go see her?” Leeteuk suggested.

“After all these years of not having to interact with another?” Donghae hissed.

“Calm down, Donghae. She probably went through tough times.”

Donghae got up and immediately locked himself in his room. Without thinking, he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

Part of him wished the person on the other line would pick up while the other part of him wished he/she wouldn’t. After several rings, he was about to hang up when suddenly a voice echoed through his ear. “Yoboseyo?”

Donghae heard her voice. The voice he has been longing for ages. The voice of his best friend. The voice of Sandara Park.

“Dara.” He whispered. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wassap~!  Sincere apologies for not updating for over a week!~~ I've been so busy with work. (-.-) To make it up to you guys, I decided to update 2 chapters today~! ^.^  Ppabam~! Hope you liked it! <3

- J