Mission Success

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

[Dara's POV]

I think I just died and gone to heaven. As soon as I heard sajangnim announce the name of the show, I felt like all of the blood has been drained out of my body. In the corner of my eye, I caught Big Bang watching me closely. The thought of having to work with Jiyong scares me. As much as I don't want to do it, I don't want sajangnim to be disappointed. I have to remind myself that personal issues should never interfere with my work. Afterall, I wouldn't be here in the first place if it wasn't for sajangnim's help. But STILL. I mean, out of the guys the producers of We Got Married could possibly pair me up with, they chose Jiyong. Certain questions start to unravel in my head but the one thing I would like to know is, WHY? Why Jiyong? 

I cleared my throat and kept my gaze on sajangnim's back. "I'll do it."

 

[Jiyong's POV]

I was surprised by Dara's reaction. Did I hear her right? She would actually do the show with me? To be completely honest, it's nice to know that she's willing to participate but I know deep inside she still hates my guts. Well, can't blame her. I was a jerk for all of the wrong doings I have done in the past. I watched her intently but her face remained emotionless. I sighed and stood up whilst shoving my hands in my jeans.

"I don't want to do it." I could feel all eyes were on me. I can see Dara's jaw dropped forming an 'O'. If there is anything I could do to be in good terms with her again, I have decided to make things right and if she feels uncomfortable to do this show with me, then I'm willing to give up my place. It's the least I could do.

Sajangnim glared at me and threw his hands on his hips. "I've had enough. Rest of Big Bang out NOW. You two stay behind." He threw the files he was holding on his desk. 

The boys immediately shot up from their seats and scurried away.

"WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU TWO? DIDN'T I JUST SAY I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO OFF THIS ONE?" He barked.

Dara flinched. It was her first time to hear the president shout. During her trainee days, he would often mock her and tell her things that often made her feel bad about herself however, he didn't dare to raise his voice at her. She suddenly felt uneasy and quite nervous. She glanced at Jiyong and took hold of his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Jiyong was speechless. Dara stood up and bowed. "We're fine sajangnim. We're going to do the show."

Jiyong was about to protest but Dara stepped on his foot.

"Good. You better sort out your problems or I will terminate your contracts. Now, disappear out of my sight." YG hissed. 

"Mianhe." Dara bowed. Still holding Jiyong's hand, she half-dragged him outside. 

Jiyong kept his gaze on the floor. 

"Look Jiyong, I know we're still awkward to each other but we need to do this project." Dara whispered.

"Why did you agree?" Jiyong slowly lifted his gaze and stared back at her.

Dara sighed. "I don't want him to be disappointed."

"Oh."

"Well, I'll see you around." Dara spun around and was about to walk away when Jiyong stopped her by holding her wrist.

"Wait"

Dara looked at him.

"I'm sorry." Jiyong stared at her dark brown orbs. "I'm sorry for what I've done. I'm sorry for the pain I've inflicted on you in the past. I'm sorry."

Dara stood frozen. He's finally apologising. She was trying to process Jiyong's apology when she suddenly felt dampness against her arm. She gasped when she saw Jiyong crying. His tears continued to fall on her arm then down the floor. Her heart ached. Never in a million years was she expecting to see the leader of the hottest boy group in Korea break down in front of her. 

Jiyong cried silently and kept mumbling the words, "I'm sorry." 

Dara loosened his grip on her arm and the next thing he knew, she pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Shhhh" She cooed. "It's okay Jiyong ah" Dara patted his back.

Jiyong couldn't stop crying but he felt his heart beating wildly. "I'm sorry Dara." He sniffed. 

Dara wrapped her tiny hands on his waist. "I've forgiven you already." She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Jiyong returned the hug and the two stood embracing each other for several minutes. 

Dara was the first one to break it. "Let's forget about the past and start anew neh?" She smiled. 

Jiyong nodded. Dara used her hands to wipe his tears away. "Stop crying you cry baby." 

"Mianhe." He whispered.

"Kaja, I'll treat you for breakfast." Dara said in an attempt to brighten up the atmosphere. 

Jiyong smiled then slowly followed her. 

The two caught the elevator but unknown to them, several pairs of eyes witnessed what just happened. 

As soon as they were gone, Seungri came out of the storage room and fist pumped the air. "YAHOOOOO! They're finally okay!!!!" He shouted. 

"I felt like I was watching a scene out of a drama." Daesung joked.

Taeyang and TOP whacked him in the head.

"Hyungs! What was that for?!" Daesung yelped in pain.

"We just felt like doing it." TOP shrugged.

"Aish!"

The boys were relieved to know that after all these years, Jiyong and Dara have finally patched things up. And the best part of it is that they all saw how it happened. 

"Let's eat out. My shout." Taeyang grinned.

"Hell yeah!" Seungri and Daesung high-fived each other.

[Meanwhile in YG's office]

I sat on my chair and stared blankly at my computer screen. I was about to do some paperwork when I caught Jiyong and Dara on the on the CCTV camera outside my office. I know it's wrong of me to eavesdrop on other people's conversations but part of me feels like something good is about to happen. I clicked on the camera and the speakers. I closed my eyes and listened to Jiyong's heartfelt apology. My child has definitely matured over the years. I waited for Dara's response but nothing escaped . My eyes fluttered open and a wide smile plastered across my face. Mission success. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wassap my lovely followers! ^.^v Sorry for the late update. I just finished work. T.T... Anyway, hope you like it! :D

P.S: This chapter is titled, Mission Success because it was YG's goal to bring Dara and Jiyong together. Although not mentioned on the previous chapter, it was actually him who asked the broadcast stations for some projects so that they could work with each other. He lied by saying they've been receiving endless lovecalls when it was his idea all along. ;)  He planned to act "angry" and "disappointed" to both of them so that the two can sort out their problems. Hope that makes sense now and sorry for any confusion!!  >.<

What do you think of the poster I made? Does it look okay? *runsaway* Sorry if it looks dodgy... I'm not a pro when it comes to making collages. >.<  Follow me on Twitter if you have one! Also thank you for the really lovely comments. Very much appreciated. *Cries* Have a good night everyone~ Hengsho! <3

- J (@dprincessjas) daesung gif photo: Dara Hello Cartoon Animated GIF 2669737hy2u8a2qzi.gif