She's Beautiful

Regrets and Promises

photo 5e20d2df-4b76-4f48-bb44-5e27be1db5afwallpaper_zpsc4a0bf56.jpg

The sound of a ringing alarm went off. Dara threw her hands over her ears. Why can’t I get another hour of sleep? She opened her eyes and checked the time. 12:00 pm. Dara immediately sat up. “Ottoke!” She screamed and got out of her bed as quickly as possible. She frantically looked for her phone and scrolled through in case she missed any important calls and messages. Her heart fell. 32 missed calls. She gulped. “I am so screwed.” Dara was a bit hesitant to dial her manager’s number but considering she didn’t want to get into any more trouble, she finally mustered the courage to do so.

“Dara? Are you okay? Is something wrong? Why haven’t you been answering my calls?”

“OPPA! I SLEPT IN! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I’M SUPER LATE FOR MY SCHEDULE!” Dara wailed on the other end of the line.

“Calm down missy. The company rang and moved the schedule next week instead.” Jjangmae said

Dara furrowed her eyebrows. “Waeyo?”

“Long story. Get ready arasso? I’ll be there in 10. You have rehearsals in half an hour.”

“Neh oppa. See you soon.” Dara clicked her phone shut and ran to the bathroom.

She wore a loose t-shirt, sweatpants and her favourite Adidas winged shoes. If there was anything Dara is least concerned about, it would have to be her looks. She never puts on any make-up and hardly pays attention with the clothes she’s wearing. As long as she’s comfortable then that is all that matters.

Dara went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a banana. She then decided to ring her parents.

“My baby girl!” Ji-hyo’s voice sang from the other end of the line.

“Omma, I miss you.” Dara sang back.

“Appa misses you more.” Gary sang too.

Dara couldn’t help but laugh. 

“Are you eating well honey? How’s everything? I hope you’re getting enough sleep.” Ji-hyo said those words too fast that it took Dara a while to answer her questions.

“Uh, I’m well omma. YG sajangnim takes good care of me.” 

“Are there any guys courting you yet?” Ji-Hyo said non-chalantly.

Dara was in the middle of chewing her fruit and upon hearing her omma's question, suddenly made her choke. She rushed to the sink to get a drink. Dara was coughing continuously.

“Dara, are you okay?” Her omma’s voice sounded worried.

She patted her chest and shook her head. Omma still hasn’t changed.

“I’m okay omma. Uh, no boys yet.” Dara coughed.

“Well, you better find one soon!” her omma ordered.

Dara rolled her eyes.

“Don’t listen to your omma, Dara.” Gary said.

“Yah yeobo!” Ji-hyo yelled.

“Stop bickering you two.” Her voice cracked. “Omma, I’m not interested in dating as of now. Love can wait and besides, I’m really happy with the way things are at the moment.” She announced proudly.

“Arasso arasso. Well you better come visit us soon neh? We know you're extremely busy but your appa and I would really love to see you.” Ji-Hyo said.

“Neh. I love you omma and appa.” 

“We love you too honey! Take good care of your health arasso and always remember that we’re very proud of you.” Then the line was cut off. Dara smiled. Hearing those words from her parents made her heart flutter.

She grabbed her bag and headed out of her dorm. As she was descending down stairs, she pulled her phone out and sent a text message to her best friend.

Meanwhile…. [in Donghae’s bedroom]

His phone vibrated against his bedside table. Donghae let out a big yawn. He ruffled his hair and reached out for the vibrating contraption.

From: Ssantokki

Good morning  ^^;;; Have a good day & don’t 4get to exercise after all of the food you consumed last night~! ^_^v  ㅋㅋㅋ

Donghae smiled. His best friend is still childish as ever. He finally managed to get out of bed and made his way to the kitchen where the rest of Super Junior members were eating brunch.

“Seems like our prince did come home last night.” Shindong smirked as he eyed Donghae.

“Why wouldn’t I come home?”

“Well, we thought you were out partying considering you haven’t been out of the dorm past midnight.” Yesung said bluntly.

Leeteuk handed a plate full of food to Donghae.

“I met up with Dara.” Donghae said casually.

“Dara? The pretty noona? YG’s new solo artist?”

Donghae looked at Sungmin. “YES, her name is Dara and NO, she’s not a noona and YES, the one who debuted the other day.” 

“How did it go?” Ryeowook asked.

“We’re cool.”

“That’s good to know.” Leeteuk smiled as he took a sip of his pineapple juice.

“Does that mean you can bring her over here then?” Kyuhyun smiled brightly.

Donghae glared at him. “Dream on Kyu.”

Kyuhyun, alongside Siwon and Yesung pouted.

Donghae smirked. 

The boys ate together in silence then all, except for Donghae, got ready for their separate schedules.

Donghae was on clean up duty considering he hasn’t got any plans. As soon as all of the members left, he pulled out his phone and dialed Dara’s number.

As the van pulled up YG headquarters, Dara got out and took notice of the fans waiting by the gate. Most of them were holding stacks of boxes and paper bags. They started screaming when they saw her. Dara waved and made her way towards them. They screamed even louder and couldn’t believe that their idol is approaching them. They weren’t used to the fact that their idol actually acknowledged their presence.

“Annyeong haseyo.” Dara bowed and waved to her fans. They handed her the gifts they brought and asked for her autograph. She signed her life away and even got Jjangmae to take a group shot.

Way before she even debuted, Dara promised herself to always show gratitude to the people surrounding her. Being a new rookie in the music industry, she’s still getting in the habit of being a recognised artist and so, as much as possible, she believes that it is her duty to thank those who have already shown great interest and support towards her. She wanted to feel comfortable and be able to interact with her fans in an appropriate manner.

Dara waved goodbye to her fans and handed the presents to Jjangmae, who put all of them in the van.

She then hurried herself towards the building.

G-dragon watched from above the practice room. “Not bad.” A smiled pursed on his lips. He was quite impressed to see how Dara interacts with the fans. His eyes nearly fell out of their sockets as soon as he saw her heading towards the practice room. “.” He cursed and sprinted to the locker room. He managed to hide in one of the closets. He adjusted the closet door by opening it slightly.

Dara jumped when she heard her phone ringing loudly.

“Yoboseyo? Oh oppa!” Dara exclaimed.  

“Oppa? She has an oppa?”

“Did you exercise yet?” Dara giggled. “Arasso. What are you up to today?”

Who is she talking to?” Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows.

“Waeyo? I only have rehearsals then I’m free for the rest of the night. Let’s hangout after.” Dara said brightly.

Jiyong held his breath as Dara entered the locker room to put her bag away. He remained still but his gaze was fixed on her petite figure. Her beauty radiates even if she’s wearing the simplest clothes. He looked at her angelic face. She’s beautiful. Jiyong shook his head. What was I thinking.

“Yay! I’ll see you tonight Donghae yah!"

Jiyong winced. 

She clicked her phone shut and stuffed her bag inside the locker. She was standing a few feet away from Jiyong. Dara stood still and wandered her eyes around the room. “Hello? Is anybody here?” She squeaked. Jiyong was trying hard to suppress his laughter.

Dara turned around and went out of the practice room. As soon as she was out of sight, Jiyong ran towards the main exit. He leaned at the wall and clutched his chest. He could feel his heart beating at much faster pace.

Phew. That was close.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong my lovely readers~ ^^* Here's another update for all of you~!. :) I'm still in the midst of writing the next few chapters and I'm doing my best to include both darahae and daragon moments (Yay!). It might take me a while but please bear with me. ^^; Feel free to comment if you would like to make a suggestion or simply have an idea on what you would like to read about. :> Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I sarang you all <3 :*

HENGSHO ^^

- J