Chapter 1

Life With You, Death Without You

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I felt my clothes, feel the grooves on the shirt where dressmaker would like to emphasize the curve of my body. I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me, is life like this is the right path for me? continue to follow the wishes of my father but I do not understand what the purpose of my life is. As I think I've heard a knock on my door.

“ Come in.”

“ Hey, my son. Are you ready? The party will begin soon . "said my father, Kim Jong Kook and The king in this Kingdom.

Calradic Kingdom, the place where my father's reign. The kingdom was entering it’s heyday since my father's reign, with the power to rule that makes people subject to it. Make-regulation too strong to make people be disciplined.

“ Yeah, soon I'll be ready. " I spun my body facing my father.

“ Look son, if your mother is still alive she would definitely love to see you grow into a beautiful creature like this.”

I just smiled at her, if she is still alive. My mother left me when her disease, which has so long haunted her life can’t be avoided anymore. My father took both my hands, waking from a dream that I dream mother figure dreaming of.

“ Let’s go now.”

 

***************************************

 

The party was held as usual, we were noblemen in the kingdom, while the common people just partying on the streets. I'm sick of this life, maybe if other people see this they'll say my life is perfect with all of what I have. But all this is not very helpful with finding the answer to all the questions life. Now I really don’t have a purpose in life for myself, I never had a sincere desire in me. I'll just follow my father said. Everything.

I looked around, I heard a conversation as usual. Crap about their power, about what they have. Looking for the father, who was now talking to the figure of the young man who I had never met. Not a speck of desire again to be here, I quietly walked down the exit to feel the party on the street.

Once I got there, I really feel happy. Many families around me smiling happily enjoying their time together. I was very interested in the situation around me that I did not pay attention to where you're stepping.

BRUK !

I fell seat, in pain after I hit something.

"Are you okay miss?"

I looked up, looked toward the coming of sound. His face was very charming, very handsome though only covered ordinary clothes, not clothes nobles like what I see normally.

“ y-yeah.” I answered as I grabbed his hand which he offered to help me up.

The young man looked at me without saying before me, I felt my cheeks warm with a gaze like that to me.

"Hm .. Is there something wrong with me? "

"Ah! No. I was just thinking what is lady doing here? Judging from the clothes, it looks like you're a noble. A Noble, the very pretty one and charming one. "

“ Thank you, but I’m not a lady.”

“ E-eh ?!.” His eyes were wide open staring at me, hear my statement just as it surprised him. I chuckled to see his behavior.

“ Ahem, I'm sorry then. I’m Shim Changmin, Allow me know your name ?.”

“ I’m Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong.”

“ Jae-. What ?! You are Prince Jaejoong ?.”

I looked at him sadly, I think he will be my friend and treated as normal though for tonight, it will be make me happy.

" Please. Do not call me like that, just Jaejoong  it’s okay. "

"Ah! Jaejoong, Do you want me to accompany you to look around? I guess you're not so familiar with the roads here. "

I looked disbelief, "Sure I would, gladly Changmin-sii."

"Just Changmin, and I'll call you Jaejoong, okay?"

"Yes, Changmin."

 

*****************************

 

Author’s POV

 

"What do you mean if you didn’t see where my son go?! You were the guards, you should know where he's gone.” Kim Joong Kook shouted to the two gatekeepers’s kingdoms.

"We're sorry, your highness."

"I'm sorry?! Are you ‘sorry’ would solve this problem?! With your ‘sorry’ then I'll know where my son gone?! Hah! Answer!. "

“ N-no.” The guards were only bowed to the king anger. When Jaejoong will enter into the kingdom, he saw this situation and as soon as possible he step into to stop the anger of his father.

“Dad? what's this? what the problem thet make this time until you get this angry ?.”

Jaejoong who now stood between him and the keeper could only look at him.

"Y-you?!!." King Jong Kook slapped Jaejoong hard until he crashing to the floor.

Jaejoong couldn’t believe what had just happened, he just sat there staring at him while holding his left cheek just slapped by his father.

“ Stand Up !.”

Jaejoong with weak standing abreast of what his father said, "Where have you been huh?! This party I deliberately created to introduce you formally to the nobility of this kingdom and other kingdoms. Where have you been, huh?!. "

Jaejoong hold fear and tears, he could only reply weakly. "I just stroll around for a while on the street enjoying the festivities there."

"What?! What did you say?! You were in a party for common people ? You were nobles, and the worst is you were my son, prince of this kingdom. You don’t deserve to be there, you know that?!. "

"But, Dad, we're all the same. We were equally human, and-. " Before Jaejoong could end what he said, King Joong Kook withdrew his hand roughly.

"Once again you have the courage to say that , we are same with them. I'm not letting you out of your room ever again. "

"Your Highness, you either don’t scold your son like that. Maybe he just met by poor children earlier and brainwashed him. "

Kim Joong Kook and Jaejoong turned towards the coming of sound, "Ah, Prince Yunho."

"Yes, your highness. We better go ahead the party, and not good to see a beautiful cry like that. " Yunho looked at Jaejoong smiled.

“ Let’s go.” King Joong Kook drag Jaejoong to enter the kingdom, to continue the party and introduced him to everyone there.