the first try

Unknown

I wake up to the sound of plate falling and hitting the floor in front of me, I see sandara standing a couple inches away from me.

“There’s your breakfast” she says “I hope you’re not picky because that’s all you’re getting”. She comes up to me and unties my hands “I’ll be coming around in a little bit to check that you have eaten and to tie you back up, if you try anything like escaping you’ll pay for it.” I look down and try to ignore her, she’s the last person I want to talk to or look at. She leaves the room and closes the door behind her; I know that she locks the door because I can hear it happening.

I look down at the plastic plate that sandara had dropped in front of me, on it is some mashed potatoes, some spinach, and a chicken leg. The food looks old but I haven’t eaten in days, or at least that’s what it feels like to me, I’m starving so I eat the food even though it’s cold and hard. After I’m done I push the tray under the bed in the room and I lay down on the floor, I stare out at nothingness, “why did they choose me over all the other people in the rich parts of town?” I say to myself.

A while later sandara comes back into the room, she closes the door behind her and then comes up and leans over me. She grabs the rope and is about to tie me back up “wait…” I say to her. She looks at me questioningly “what?” she asks.

“I need to use the bathroom, will you please take me?” I hear her sigh but yet she unties my legs and helps me up. “Ok” she says and we head out the room, when were out in the living room, or so it looks of the cabin the man asks sandara where she’s taking me.

 “She has to go to the bathroom, we’ll be right back yongguk” she smiles at him and he smiles back and says “ok”.

            The porta potty is a good ways away from the cabin, and from here we can’t see the cabin at all anymore. While in the port-a-potty I think of a way to escape but nothing comes to mind, I sit there for a good while ignoring the horrible scent that is trapped inside the porta potty.

             I open the door quietly and slowly and see that sadara has her back to me and is standing a few feet away near a tree. I close my eyes and then start walking towards a different direction, I don’t look back and after a good while I start jogging, my heart racing and sweat running down my back from fright.

             I stop and rest back against a tree when I find a road, I look around to see if there are any cars but there isn’t, I walk down the road after a while, hoping ill find someone or at least exit these woods into civilization.